Too Faced Lip Injection - Techno Tart

No Image

3.0

When I picked up the box it had a Techno Buff sticker on it, but when I got it home and opened it up it was Techno Tart. Tart is a pretty mauve-y rose color, although it was not the color I was expecting. It smells like raspberries and it does tingle your lips. The color turned out to be very pretty and high gloss, but I couldn't tell much of a difference in my lips so I don't think it plumps them dramatically. They did look a little more full, but there wasn't a super huge difference. I think the price is a bit steep for the amount you get. The brush is horrible. I applied it with a q-tip stuck in the tube because the brush sticks out all over the place. Wouldn't buy this again at full price, maybe if it were on sale.

on 8/21/2006 8:25:00 PM

These are on deep discount right now at TJ Maxx. I bought a couple and I'm one of the people in the world whose lips blow up like I lost the Heavyweight Championship of World to Evander Holyfield after he socked me in the mouth a couple of times. My lips blow up to twice their size, and should I "color outside the lines", my skin becomes irritated as well. And it's not a good, even, attractive plumping - it's lumpy, uneven and burns like you-know-what. Not a repurchase here.

on 9/14/2006 12:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have all the other products in this line, and while I like this gloss, I prefer the original and Extreme. The color is nice, a shimmery light mauve, but the texture isn't the best, and it seems like the non-colored glosses are better at plumping.

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

ewww...the other lip injections are better. the color is nice, but mine seem runnier, almost watery and didn't last as long as the other lip injections, plus it was too shimmery. It actually lasted like 10 minutes on me, just enough time to burn my lips off. I hate it.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I also got this on sale at TJ Maxx. The shade isn't bad, kind of a bubble gum pink that has a pink iridescence. But wow, what do they put in this stuff? Hot pepper juice? Tasted like it. Didn't really notice any plumping. Wouldn't buy again.

Skin: Combination, Other, Cool

This gloss is a little sticky for my taste, but its a very flattering shade of shimmering mauve and the plumping properties, while not as good as DuWop products, is pretty decent.

ewwwwwwwww...no wonder this stuff was on sale at TJ maxx. the color, an iridescent pink, is pretty, but it was so uncomfortable to wear! i've used other lip plumpers before and nothing burned like this one. and i didn't even see an appreciable enlargement of my lips. very disappointing.

on 2/6/2007 6:47:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Ok so i'm the minority here: alone and proud LOL
LOVE this! Just fell in love with this TF Plumping line and this gloss shade is just to die for; sprakling mauve-ish shade. This makes a difference on my lips and i must be nuts because i top it with the Lip Injection: i can handle it and it's so worth LOL

on 2/23/2007 7:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have been using this for at least six months. I apply it over a mauve lipstick and it lasts for a long time. It does sting a bit but I must not be as sensitive as several of the other reviewers. It is the only lipstick that I have worn that has gotten me some nice compliments. I do agree with the person who mentioned the brush. It tends to have flyaway bristles which I just cut off. I wish they would switch to another style. If you like this product try E-bay--I got 3 brand new tubes for about three dollars each.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Out of all of the Lip Injections, this one was my least favourite. Based on the other reviews, I think I just got unlucky, but mine is really clumpy and unnatural looking. Ladies, do not, I repeat, DO NOT wear this on a date or around your boyfriend! My boyfriend launched a surprise kiss on me and when he pulled away, it looked like he had just put it on, whereas mine looked all smudged and uneven. Gross!