3.5

package quality

price range

Reviews

7 years ago

I love the milky yet creamy texture of this cream. I love how it feels on my skin, leaves my skin feeling moisturised and fresh, it also looks radiant after using this cream. The radiance doesn't last longer than about an hour though, but skin doesn't dry out. It is lightweight and Great under my foundation. Usually my foundation doesn't sit well over other moisturisers but with this cream my foundation is long lasting and even. Unfortunately my combination skin is also very sensitive so I am still getting pimples and breakouts, really wish this cream was the solution to my annoying skin problem but its not!

About reviewer (4 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

7 years ago

I really like this moisturizer! It feels SO good to rub into my skin, almost like rubbing pearls onto my face. It's very smooth and makes my skin nice and soft. I also like that it isn't irritating.

About reviewer (18 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

2.0

7 years ago

Ugh.., I have the feeling that it's sitting on my skin for 2 hours before it's totally in my skin, and I really don't like the smell.

About reviewer (10 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Relaxed, Medium

EyesBrown

7 years ago

As this one has no SPF I use it at the end of the day after I have removed makeup or if I have had an evening shower. It is gentle, pleasant to use and yes, soothing, just as it says on the jar. No fragrance, which is a bonus for me. Edit: I find the product a bit lightweight for winter, not quiet moisturising enough. In summer it's fine.

About reviewer (69 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinOther, Other, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

7 years ago

Huh. Looking at the other reviews here, a lot of people aren't a fan of this moisturizer. But personally, I really liked it! Not a five star, but considering I have annoying skin, this moisturizer does pretty well. The price is amazing (only £4.00), so that's good... although, the tin isn't that big. I really like the packaging- it's really simple and just feels clean. I found that this moisturizer made my skin soft and everything but didn't exactly give it THAT much moisture, but of course I do have a drying cleanser. Wow, this review is confusing. But if you have sensitive skin with both oily and dry skin, then this could be a good moisturizer for you.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairRed, Other, Other

7 years ago

I bought this with the sample set and I love using it with the toner. The only reason why it lost a lipstick is the tub packaging, otherwise you don't need much to cover your face! I'm also using the clinique moisturizing gel and I find that this absorbs faster into my skin, and has additional cooling properties for my easily irritated skin.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

EyesBrown

7 years ago

I'm on my second jar of this and I think TBS has changed the ingredients from my last jar. I seem to be getting white heads if I use this too often, whereas before, I didn't. I originally bought this because it is one of the least 'toxic' face creams on the market as per cosmetic database. http://www.ewg.org/skindeep/product/80258/The_Body_Shop_Aloe_Soothing_Day_Cream_%282006_formulation%29/ I realise that pretty much everthing these days has something bad in it, but I also know my ingredients, and half the crap in products today do NOT need to be in there. Anyways, I have normal-dry skin, sensitive to fragrance. In the summer, its normal, so thats why I used this stuff. Its great if you have 'normal skin'. However, this year I found the product to be a bit too greasy for summer and left those whiteheads. Again, my skin can be on the dry side, and for this to sit there and not absorb and cause zits, is telling me somethings not the same. Price is ok, packaging is lame with just a twist off cap that you can stick grubby fingers into. I would buy again if I couldn't find anything else as it doesn't inflame or irritate my skin. I just get those damn zits.

About reviewer (223 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

8 years ago

There are definitely pros and cons to this moistuiriser. Firstly, I don't have very oily skin to begin with, so this wasn't one of my problems. If you have oily skin I think you should be fine too. It is relitively moisturising but it doesn't work magic. I use this in the morning and at night- I would use the night cream but its too heavy for me and causes me to have breakouts. It doesn't have a distinct smell, I wouldn't say it smells bad but its not amazing. This is good if your looking for a light, day-to-day cream.

About reviewer (9 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

8 years ago

I have such a love/hate relationship with this stuff. I get dry patches sometimes around my nose and eyebrows. I would NEVER use this stuff on my entire face.... because its just honestly too oily for me. It does work well on the dry patches and it USED to be the only thing that would somewhat take care of the dry patches without making me look like a face full of oil. So yes I keep it on hand for little spots that need extra moisture. But now I just use Vitamin E oil.... and its AMAZING. :) I will probably have a jar of this stuff on hand still cos it is great for little dry patches.

About reviewer (57 reviews)

SkinOther, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

8 years ago

Light cream, fragrance free. I found that it left my face shiny so I changed to another moisturizer for the day and now use this creme on my neck and at night. (The Aloe Night Creme is too rich for me and caused me to break out.

About reviewer (33 reviews)

Age56 & Over