The Body Shop Aloe Soothing Day Cream

3.6

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Aqua/Water (Solvent/Diluent), Isononyl Isononanoate (Emollient/Skin Conditioner), Glycerin (Humectant), Pentylene Glycol (Solvent), Cyclopentasiloxane (Skin-Conditioning Agent/Emollient), Butylene Glycol (Humectant), Cetearyl Alcohol (Emulsifier), Myristyl Myristate (Emollient), Sesamum Indicum Seed Oil/Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil (Emollient), Cyclohexasiloxane (Conditioning Agent), Cetyl Alcohol (Emulsifier), Myristyl Alcohol (Emulsifier/Emollient), Palmitic Acid (Surfactant), Stearic Acid (Emulsifier), Cetearyl Glucoside (Surfactant), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (Skin Conditioning Agent), Myristyl Glucoside (Surfactant/Cleansing Agent), Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer (Stabiliser/Viscosity Modifier), Bisabolol (Skin Soothing Agent), Xanthan Gum (Viscosity Modifier), Avena Sativa Kernel Extract/Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract (Antioxidant)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I used to use the tea tree oil moisture gel religiously but as I got older my skin started to get a little less oily and I didn't need the tea tree oil to strip my nature oil anymore. I hadn't been to the body shop looking for something new in a long time and the salesperson there recommended the aloe gel cream instead. I had tried the Alba Botanica green tea moisturizer that's similar but it broke me out really badly and I had to return it. At first, I didn't like this moisturizer at all but the more my skin adjusted to it the better it was. I just needed to keep trying it since my skin was so used to the other body shop moisturizer. This experience has been so good that I would consider buying more from the body shop in the future.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The best moisturizer ever, a blessing for my sensitive skin! Feels great, pampers my skin and leaves it soft as satin. Kinda pricey, like most of The Body Shop products but definitely worth the money.

I ended up trying it out one day, but not putting any makeup on. When I went out I went to wipe something out of my eye and brushed up against my cheek. I felt this greasy gross feeling and thought why does my face feel this greasy? Then I realized I put the lotion on. Never again. It felt like I rubbed a stick of butter all over my face.

Moisturises really well, and mild enough to use on my rosacea

This product was OK - I didn't find anything particularly great about it.

- It is fragrance free (by fragrance free I mean there is no perfumey or nice smell to it, doesn't really smell great).
- It did the job and made my skin feel moisturised however it was too rich for my skin and made it a little greasy. It also clogged my pores.
- Packaging is quite basic (plastic tub)
- It's literally just a moisturiser - didn't have any added benefits or make my skin look any healthier.

I've been using this product for six months now and I absolutely love this! The day cream doesn't break me out (I have slight acne prone skin) and is also very moisturizing. It takes about 5 minutes for this product to get into the skin.

The product wears well under makeup but if I don't use a primer my skin tends to get oily in the middle of the day. If I put it on my face before go to sleep, my T-zone feels a little bit greasy in the morning. Also, I run out of this very quickly.

Overall I do really like this product and I use it every day & night!

This product is good . Doesnt break me out . Does feel a bit greasy on face . But the main problem , is the smell of this product . The smell was pretty bad ... if not overall , this would be great . Too expensive for a small tube . Will not buy this product again .

Pros:
Doesn't irritate my sensitive skin.
Doesn't break me out.
Not that expensive.

Cons:
Smeeeellls baaaaaad. Like really bad. It has a strong, gross plasticky smell that fortunately fades quite quickly, but is gag inducing on first application.
Absorbs quickly enough but leaves a greasy-looking finish - I get major forehead shine with this cream.

Oh well, it was worth a try.

It is really very moisturizing ! When I applied onto my face, it is kind of greasy at first. But after 5-10 minutes, it is not greasy anymore. Feels really very light-weighted. :) Really liked it!

But I don't like the packaging and the price. :(
It is in a jar which is very unhygienic. I hope that they will change to bottle type. :(
It is really very expensive. In my country, it is around SGD35 for 50ml. Too expensive. :(

Might repurchase it if I didn't find any thing better than this !

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Pros:
- Fragrance free
- Wears well under makeup

Cons:
- Absorbs slowly
- A little greasy feeling after application
- Jar packaging