The Body Shop Aloe Soothing Day Cream

3.6

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Aloe Barbadensis Gel, Isononyl Isononanoate, Glycerin, Water, Cyclomethicone, Pentylene Glycol, Butylene Glycol, Cetearyl Glucoside, Myristyl Myristate, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Cetyl Alcohol, Myristyl Alcohol, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Cetearyl Alcohol, Myristyl Glucoside, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Bisabolol, Xanthan Gum, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Flour.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The best moisturizer ever, a blessing for my sensitive skin! Feels great, pampers my skin and leaves it soft as satin. Kinda pricey, like most of The Body Shop products but definitely worth the money.

I ended up trying it out one day, but not putting any makeup on. When I went out I went to wipe something out of my eye and brushed up against my cheek. I felt this greasy gross feeling and thought why does my face feel this greasy? Then I realized I put the lotion on. Never again. It felt like I rubbed a stick of butter all over my face.

To Read all 116 Reviews, Login or Join

Moisturises really well, and mild enough to use on my rosacea

This product was OK - I didn't find anything particularly great about it.

- It is fragrance free (by fragrance free I mean there is no perfumey or nice smell to it, doesn't really smell great).
- It did the job and made my skin feel moisturised however it was too rich for my skin and made it a little greasy. It also clogged my pores.
- Packaging is quite basic (plastic tub)
- It's literally just a moisturiser - didn't have any added benefits or make my skin look any healthier.

I've been using this product for six months now and I absolutely love this! The day cream doesn't break me out (I have slight acne prone skin) and is also very moisturizing. It takes about 5 minutes for this product to get into the skin.

The product wears well under makeup but if I don't use a primer my skin tends to get oily in the middle of the day. If I put it on my face before go to sleep, my T-zone feels a little bit greasy in the morning. Also, I run out of this very quickly.

Overall I do really like this product and I use it every day & night!

This product is good . Doesnt break me out . Does feel a bit greasy on face . But the main problem , is the smell of this product . The smell was pretty bad ... if not overall , this would be great . Too expensive for a small tube . Will not buy this product again .

Pros:
Doesn't irritate my sensitive skin.
Doesn't break me out.
Not that expensive.

Cons:
Smeeeellls baaaaaad. Like really bad. It has a strong, gross plasticky smell that fortunately fades quite quickly, but is gag inducing on first application.
Absorbs quickly enough but leaves a greasy-looking finish - I get major forehead shine with this cream.

Oh well, it was worth a try.

It is really very moisturizing ! When I applied onto my face, it is kind of greasy at first. But after 5-10 minutes, it is not greasy anymore. Feels really very light-weighted. :) Really liked it!

But I don't like the packaging and the price. :(
It is in a jar which is very unhygienic. I hope that they will change to bottle type. :(
It is really very expensive. In my country, it is around SGD35 for 50ml. Too expensive. :(

Might repurchase it if I didn't find any thing better than this !

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Pros:
- Fragrance free
- Wears well under makeup

Cons:
- Absorbs slowly
- A little greasy feeling after application
- Jar packaging

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE this moisturizer. I've always dealt with acne and now that I'm getting older it's getting better, but my skin is still finicky. I've been swearing by the First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair cream last winter, and when summer rolled around I found that a bit too much. I've been trying a couple different moisturizers throughout the warmer months and I kept going back to this Aloe Soothing Day Cream. I'm on my second jar of this now and I'm planning to buy back ups whenever they have their next sale. Winter is coming back though and with the dry Canadian winters I'm thinking I'll need to go back to the Ultra Repair Cream for the next couple months because that is more hydrating.

This really works for me because I love the texture, it's more of a gel-cream than a pure cream if that makes any sense. (I use this for day and night because the Aloe Soothing Night Cream is the cream based consistency and doesn't do the same thing for me.) This keeps be hydrated without being oily at all. It's really hard for me to find a moisturizer that is hydrating enough and doesn't break me out. Love love love :)

Though I have to take one star away because of the packaging. After using it for a while the product's smell changes into almost a moldy smell so it makes me think it's filled with bacteria. In this way the product isn't very functional and long lasting... If this was in a pump bottle it would be perfect.