3.5

package quality

price range

Reviews

a year ago

I like this product, but I’m not in love with it; meaning if I find something else I would not miss it. It’s moisturising, but it’s not enough on it’s own – I usually apply several layers of toner prior to applying this. It’s smoothing, but so are many other moisturisers. It’s cheap-ish, but you also need to apply quite a lot of product (which you don’t get a lot of). I give it a high rating as it does its job without causing irritation, acne or redness, and being effective enough for me to keep on using it.

About reviewer (19 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

EyesGreen

2 years ago

Great for sensitive skin. Light and easy to apply. Not expensive at all and does what it says on the tin. Used it for one week to try it out and haven’t turned back, I use this every day. Would maybe like it in a tube instead of a tub for hygiene reasons.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Medium

HairBrunette

3.0

2 years ago

This is my go to day cream..for now. It is truly the only moisturizer that has consistently worked to moisturize my sensitive combination skin without breaking me out or making me look like an oily mess (in my t-zone) HOWEVER, if I find another product that absorbs better, has anti-aging effects, brightens my dull skin, while NOT breaking me out, I would forget about this cream in an instant. So in other words, this cream works for fairly young skin, moisturizes okay, but if you’re looking for anti-aging results or more fresh baby soft bright skin, I would keep looking. Pros: lightweight, cheap, moisturizing, works well under makeup, actually works with sensitive, normal to combination skin Cons: small packaging-runs out quickly, No anti-aging/brightening effects, NOT moisturizing enough for dry skin, don’t think it’s compatible for oily skin, no long term effects

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

2.0

2 years ago

This product is not bad, but its not good either. Like its almost the only thing from the body shop without any oil/greasy medium, but it somehow still managed to leave my skin all greased up, it literally feels like ive rubbed a whole butter bar all over my face. Still, didnt cause me ANY pimples. Too expensive.

About reviewer (8 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Curly, Medium

2 years ago

GIRLFRIENDS GET YO HANDS ON THIS. Best moisturizer for sensitive skin, literally calms down your skin the second you put it on and I swear it’s reduced my redness - plus it never irritates and sinks right in!! Now I know I don’t need any other moisturizer :)

About reviewer (7 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBlack

3.0

3 years ago

Cons: despite being called 'Aloe' day cream it doesn't actually contain any traces of aloe...which I only realised today upon researching the ingredients. Very disappointing, and now I feel like the price does not match what you're getting really. Pros: This cream is wonderful and simple, it doesn't have any fragrance or anything harsh, which so many other moisturisers do (which triggers my dermatitis, this cream is great for it). I do have dry skin and agree with the other reviews that it wouldn't be suitable for oilier skin types. I have been buying it consistently for years now, mainly because it gives me no trouble and I'm too slack to go looking and trying for a new one!.. (possibly that actually has any aloe vera in it.. )

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Warm

HairRed, Curly, Coarse

2.0

3 years ago

I have combo skin right now but my t-zone is very oily and I am quite prone to acne. This cream was way too much for my skin. Despite a texture that seems very thin this left my skin so greasy and shiny that is wasn't even tolerable on a day off or night use. Did not break me out at all. Would be a lovely product for someone with very dry skin. Would not repurchase.

About reviewer (966 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrown, Curly, Coarse

EyesGray

4 years ago

I used to use the tea tree oil moisture gel religiously but as I got older my skin started to get a little less oily and I didn't need the tea tree oil to strip my nature oil anymore. I hadn't been to the body shop looking for something new in a long time and the salesperson there recommended the aloe gel cream instead. I had tried the Alba Botanica green tea moisturizer that's similar but it broke me out really badly and I had to return it. At first, I didn't like this moisturizer at all but the more my skin adjusted to it the better it was. I just needed to keep trying it since my skin was so used to the other body shop moisturizer. This experience has been so good that I would consider buying more from the body shop in the future.

About reviewer (34 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Coarse

4 years ago

The best moisturizer ever, a blessing for my sensitive skin! Feels great, pampers my skin and leaves it soft as satin. Kinda pricey, like most of The Body Shop products but definitely worth the money.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesGreen

1.0

4 years ago

I ended up trying it out one day, but not putting any makeup on. When I went out I went to wipe something out of my eye and brushed up against my cheek. I felt this greasy gross feeling and thought why does my face feel this greasy? Then I realized I put the lotion on. Never again. It felt like I rubbed a stick of butter all over my face.

About reviewer (31 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Not Sure