MyChelle Fruit Fiesta Peel (Reformulated 2012)

MyChelle Fruit Fiesta Peel (Reformulated 2012)

4.2

*Product was reformulated in 2012* Ingredients Aqua (Water), Rubus Idaeus (Raspberry) Fruit*, Passiflora Edulis (Passionfruit) Fruit Juice, 7% Glycolic Acid (Sugar Cane), Glycerin (Vegetable)*, Xanthan Gum (Fermented Sugar), Mandelic Acid (L) (Almonds), Malic Acid (L) (Apples), Tartaric Acid (L) (Grapes), Glucuronolactone (D) (Plant), Vanilla Planifolia Fruit Oil, Citrus Racemosa (White Grapefruit) Peel Oil*, Citrus Sinensis var. Sanguina (Blood Orange) Oil, Potassium Sorbate, Phenethyl Alcohol (Rose), Caprylyl Glycol (Coconut), Beta Vulgaris (Beet) Root Extract. (*Certified Organic, **ECOCERT Approved/Accepted) 5/7/11

on 1/29/2017 1:15:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This is the second peel I have used from Mychelle, the other being the Apple Brightening peel which has been discontinued. The Fruit fiesta peel is much more potent, with 7% lactic acid, and I saw a difference after the first use. The peel is thick and sticky and smells like sour fruit. It also has some large gritty pieces that can be annoying when it is time to rinse the mask off. It spreads very easily and tingles upon application. It takes several rinses with water to remove the peel but it does not leave any sticky residue. My skin did flush a bit red after using it but it went back to normal after a 10 minutes or so. Those with sensitive skin may find this peel too strong. I have now finished the bottle and can say with certainty this peel is very effective. With consistent use it has faded some stubborn pigmentation on my cheeks and jaw and my skin is much smoother. It also helped dry up some active pimples. I did have a mishap where I left it on to long and I had a small burn near my nose. It cleared up quickly but it is important that you follow the directions carefully. My only complaint is the size of the product (1.2 oz). You only get 7 peels or so for $28. I would repurchase if the product was on sale but it is not as economical as my other favourite peel, Lather's 10 minute Brightening Mask.

on 5/1/2014 5:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

At first I loved this peel. I kept it on about 1-2 minutes once a week to help brighten my skin. I would usually get a few mild breakouts after which were no big deal. My skin breaks out easily, especially when I exfoliate. But hey, it needs to be done and always looks better in the long run. One time however after using the peel my skin just revolted. I broke out for days after and my skin was raw and tender. Maybe I left it on too long? Maybe this formula was a bit stronger? No sure. But Yes, 3 stars because it does do a good job exfoliating. 2 stars off because it's not good if you've got sensitive and/or breakout prone skin!

on 3/22/2014 8:43:00 PM

I like this peel, but they should put this product in a bigger tube. The price is expensive for what it is. The formula is good for those who have sensitive skin- it is 7% lactic acid which does a good job of exfoliating without adverse effects. I like that I can see the real fruit in the peel, which is pretty cool. The smell of this product is interesting, very realistic. I would repurchase this, but I wish they would either give more product or lower the price!

It's really just OK/average.

You definitely get the sense that it's doing "something," because your face will most likely turn pink/red after 3-5 minutes after using it. But that said, I cannot really say if I saw any results with it. It, for me, was mild enough to use 2-3 times a week, which is more mild than I am/was looking for. I'd be happier if they increased the acid concentration of the mandelic/malic acid.

on 3/22/2013 10:57:00 PM

This product gets a ton of great reviews, so I tried it. I am often nervous about using acid products on my sensitive skin. This did not noticeably irritate my skin, i barely even felt a tingle. However, it caused acne. I only know this because every time I used it, i got acne, and if I didn't use it, the pimples starting going away right away. I threw it out. It is expensive, although a little goes a long way.

I am really upset because I went to purchase this peel for the second time at the health food store and realized they changed the ingredient list, but the name is still the same. My skin does really well with the 7% glycolic acid they had in the old formulation. They changed the entire product without even mentioning why and now it's 7% lactic acid. NOT the same thing. I really hate when companies do this kind of stuff....

on 11/26/2012 1:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

EDIT: 5-4-13 to state that my review is about the previous formulation with glycolic acid, not the new one with lactic acid. I am disappointed in the company for trying to sneak this change by.

Fruit Fiesta is a great name for this peel because it's like a party for your face. It looks and smells like a yummy raspberry puree. This leaves my skin glowing and smoother. The appearance of lines is greatly reduced.

I use it every 5-7 days. Sometimes I have left it on for more than 5 minutes with no ill effects, and possibly some increased effectiveness. Make sure to use a good sunscreen after this because the newer layer of skin exposed is more sensitive.

One reviewer said something about there being a lot of chemicals in this product but that's not true. It does contain glycolic acid, but glycolic acid can be derived from natural, as well as chemical sources. The glycolic acid in this product is from sugar cane.

Fruit Fiesta peel is a bit on the expensive side, but it is worth it. It is very effective, and only a small amount is needed. Before I bought this, I had tried Alba papaya enzyme mask and was disappointed. Compared to Alba, Fiesta is 6 times as expensive, but 10 times as effective, so that makes it a bargain.

on 11/24/2012 7:56:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

HG HG HG HG HG HG HG HG!
I have combination skin with big ole pores on my nose/checks and chin. This is VERY good for brightening the face and sloughing off a few layers. I know its CRAZY expensive for a tiny looking container of what looks like raspberry jam. BUT you don't use much at all. I bought mine 3 months ago and use it religiously 1-3 times a week and I still have product left (although it is hard to tell how much with the packaging).

I use it after lush's brazened honey for a deep and stingy as possible (It is quite strong and does sting when you put it on, you are only meant to have it on for 3 minutes) mask, and then take it off and immediately see the difference.

I love this product.

on 5/11/2012 10:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This peel is awesome. Like others have mentioned, it smells and looks like yummy fruity jam. It stings a bit after applied, yet I haven't experienced sensitivity after using it, which is great. This peel transformed my skin's texture! It also significantly reduced blackheads and some small bumps that I had around the sides of my cheeks. Highly recommended.

on 1/28/2012 12:01:00 AM

Mychelle products have been a God send for me and I believe this is the best product by far. I used tanning beds and laid in the sun for my years than I care to mention. I stopped in my mid fourties and begin getting expensive facials and peels to try and correct some of the damage. I can honestly say this works as well if not better than the $100 plus dollar facials I get. Once after using this a friend said my skin looked like a baby's. The glow does fade, of course, but the overall quality of my skin has been seriously enhanced by Mychelle products. I switch off with the pumpkin peel and use twice a week. I have been using these products for several months. Totally worth the money and I have little sting (although I'm used to glycolic peels) and have tough skin. So if you are sensitive be careful!