L'Oreal Blush Delicieux Sorbet in Pink Grapefruit

No Image

4.5

on 4/28/2012 3:42:00 AM

Unfortunately, this is no longer available here in germany. But this blush is one of the most beautiful that I own - and I have way too many! A real competition even for the Nars and Chanelblushes in my drawer. Beautiful color - not too peach, not too pink, the perfect inbetween. Shows up nicely on skin without being too punchy, gives a little bit of a glow without being glittery or even too shimmery. Great great product. Makes me look fresh and summery. Love it.

on 11/19/2007 1:29:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

It's the first blush I've ever bought because I've always thought that my complexion was rosy enough. However, I changed my mind after buying this. It's a sweet orangey pink tone with shimmers in it. It gives a slight hint of colour to make me look happy and healthy. The shimmers brighten up my skin and erases any dullness caused by lack of sleep. It also has a light sweet scent on it :) I'd buy this again, but in other colours :D

Update: I believe it makes me break out a little. And unfortunately, while I used to like the shimmers, they look strange on me now. :(

on 10/12/2007 5:39:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I bought this blush after hearing it resembles NARS Orgasm. This is a very pretty peachy pink colour (more pink than peachy) with gold shimmer. It shows very pigmented on my fair (NC 20) skin, a lot more than Orgasm itself.

Pink Grapefruit (aka Pamplemousse Rose) is a limited edition shade from the Spring 2007 collection and rather similar to another L'Oreal l/e blush Front-Page Peach (which wasn't available in Europe at all). Out of these two, FPP is my favourite, being a little bit lighter than PG.

Overall, this is a beautiful and fresh shade that I think would suit to many skin stones, especially to the warm ones.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is such a sweet color - a pink melon with peachy shimmer which makes a lovely summer or pick-me-up blush. It really creates fresh and rosy cheeks an has a lovely sheen, much more shimmery than other shades of Blush Delicieux (Rosewood, for example). It's amazing how colors really do affect our moods, I find myself reaching for this blush when I'm in need of a few smiles. It's lovely when applied sheer for a daily fresh look or a little heavier for a night on the town. The staying power of the product is alright - it will fade after several hours especially if you sweat, but it fades very well, without streaking of blotchiness. The packaging itself is a small compact with the lid color indicating it's shade. The compact holds a mirror inside as well as a nice quality brush - although the brush is flat and good for contouring, I normally use MAC's blush brush. My only gripe about this product, which I have illustrated in my other review for a blush from this series, is the opening mechanism of the compact. It's difficult to open easily, especially for those with long nails. This little gripe isn't detrimental to the product. This blush should suit women with all skin types, although a heavier application of the color may probably look best on those who have light to medium skin tone. I find it pairs up really nicely with Maybelline's Moisture Extreme in "Sweet Nectarine". If you're out shopping for makeup because your mood is a little down (and we all do that sometimes), pick this blush up. It'll make you feel 100 times better.

Popular Blush Products