Weleda Rose Soap

No Image

on 11/22/2007 8:35:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

this is a very mild and pleasant soap, smells very fresh, the rose aroma is quite subtle, but present, not too strong or offensive. Also the bar's smell lasts through repeated uses and in time, after using it by half I forgot my bar in the back of the drawer for quite some time and it still smels nice. Makes a creamy lather and it lasts a long time. For the last years I used pretty much only Lush soaps, but in the end I go back to simpler alternatives, now I would rather use something that is completely natural(no propylene glycol), smels light and fresh and lasts for more then 5 showers. Unfortunately this is very expensive in the UK, I bought mine in France.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love, LOVE Weleda's rose body oil right after showering while my skin is still damp, and thought using this soap beforehand would be a nice way to layer such a lovely fragrence. Unfortunately, while the soap does smell faintly of "Weleda rose," it is a very light scent that doesn't linger and does not noticeably enhance or layer with the rose body oil scent. And for $10 a bar, this was what I was hoping for. Won't buy again, since this soap is SO lightly-fragrenced and comparatively costly.