Erno Laszlo pHelityl oil

No Image

4.5

Mineral Oil, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Fragrance, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Anthemis Nobilis, Flower Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Corylus Americana (Hazel) Seed Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Aleurites Moluccana Seed Oil, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Taraktogenos, Kurzii Seed Oil , Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate, Bisabolol, Beta-Carotene

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This oil is an essential part of Laszlo cleansing ritual. It is different than what we are mostly told - oil is bad for skin - but this truly does calm, soothe and cleanse the skin when used w/ the appropriately prescribed cleansing bar for your skin type. I have oily skin and I use it along w/ the Sea mud soap, very warm water and the 30 splash technique. The key is to only use a small amount of the oil or it can be difficult to wash away. I use the amount about the size of a nickel or a dime, depending on how my skin feels. I massage it onto dry skin on my face and neck, my eyelids with gentle circular motions. Sometimes I even leave it to sit on my skin for a bit. I fill my sink w/ very warm water, moisten the mud bar and massage the wet bar all over my face and neck. Then I work the bar into a lather on my hands and massage the lather all over my face and neck. Sometime I use a wash cloth and and work the lather into my skin. Then I splash my face and neck 20 times w/ the hot treatment water to deeply cleanse and open the pores. I drain the sink, rinse my skin w/ fresh warm water from the tap 10 times. I blot my skin dry then apply toner, apply my Retin A and moisturize my dry areas and I'm done. Your skin will have a nice glow - the signature look of healthy Laszlo skin. At least that's what the SA's tell you. It is expensive and a bit time consuming but is worth it in the end.

I am back on the Laszlo routine after a long hiatus. No other skin care lines I tried really gave me that glow other than the Philosophy line. The philosophy products that did give me the glowing skin I've always wanted were discontinued, so back to Laszlo.

on 3/2/2013 8:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I was very, very skeptical about trying this oil because I've had acne prone skin since I came out of the womb but, surprisingly, this oil is nothing short of amazing.

I became an Erno Laszlo devotee when I purchased the amazing Sea Mud Soap which helped my skin tremendously. When I could afford to, I bought the toner and moisturizer but still held out on the oil. One night, I finally gave in and bought a very small bottle. After it arrived, I think I waited another full week before I used it because I was scared I was going to break out in massive acne. Thankfully that has never, ever happened. I don't know why or how but this oil actually make acne go away! This oil is intended to be used before you cleanse your face. It's a bit thicker than baby oil and the smell is nice enough. It feels great on the skin and just seems to melt away the makeup and the grimy day. Amazingly, I have never had a break out after using this. I still expect to wake up with a monster zit after using this but it has never happened.

I'm not a great stickler to skin care routines so I don't use this as often as I should. I recently decided to stop being so lazy and start doing to Laszlo routine by the book twice a day. The whole splashing routine (which I just found out I've been doing wrong because I have no plug for my basin! Arrgh!) can sometimes be a pain but it's well worth the extra time in the bathroom. I wish I would have discovered this line sooner because I was doing the opposite of what this routine involves for years and have seen very little progress in my long battle with acne and hyperpigmentation. Personally, I think the hot water splashing technique is genius and is the key to it all. It's the exact opposite of the advise I've been reading for decades but I'm glad I took a chance and decided to not listen to magazine articles for once.

In my opinion, the majority of Laszlo's products are worth the price. Yes, paying $40 for a bar of soap and a bottle of oil will make a normal person cringe but the benefits are worth it. Since Erno's products actually work, you'll actually save money in the love wrong because you won't be (as) tempted to try the new face wash du jour which you'll likely use for a month and then throw in a drawer. You will get your money's worth from these products because you'll use them all. Granted, I do buy most of Laszlo's products on eBay for a reduced price but I still feel pretty fancy when I'm using them. Definitely HG products for me.

on 11/1/2012 10:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Love this oil! It has many great moisturizing and anti-inflammatory oils in it that are great for acne prone, dry and sensitive skin. I use this with the sea mud soap and it keeps the bar from drying out my skin and also keeps my skin clean and leaves no film. My biggest and only complaint is that the first ingredient is mineral oil, which is a cheap oil and the same thing as baby oil. But I guess it's needed to get all makeup and SS off the skin. There is also a foaming agent in this that works with the soap to get the skin really clean and also stops a film from staying on the skin. I hate how much this stuff costs but it really is a winner in the EL line when used with the Black Sea Mud soap. EDIT 1/23/16 Recently discovered that if I put a dot of this on an acne spot it starts reducing redness and the size of the blemish VERY quickly! I was amazed to look at some problem spots that had improved, redness pretty much gone and blemish shrunk, a few hours after applying this! Upping this to a 5!

on 10/22/2011 9:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

In my late teens and 20's, I used Erno Laszlo's 12 o'clock regimen faithfully (this was back in the days when you had to have a Laszlo card to be able to purchase ANY of the products). And I had GREAT skin. I am closing in on 60 now and I still have great skin (to the point where my mother-in-law and even people I work with repeatedly comment on it). And while I'm no longer a faithful devotee of Laszlo and "only" Laszlo, I still use this oil often before washing my face and when I really want to give my skin a good, purifying cleanse, I use this with Sea Mud soap, though no longer with the instructions to use "water as hot as you can stand", which is what the "old" advice used to be. I now use comfortable warm water. Yes, the prices are a bit ridiculous, but sometimes, something is so good and has proven itself so well that you will pay the outrageous price because it is THAT good. I still keep a supply of some other Laszlo products but these 2 originals are 2 mainstays. I just received a new bottle of the oil and a new bar of the soap as birthday presents from a dear friend and I'm doubly thrilled because Erno Laszlo is becoming increasingly difficult to find for purchase here in Canada. Edited to add that this oil also smells GORGEOUS! I wish I could find a fragrance product that smells like this. If anyone knows of one, please email me!

on 10/22/2011 9:46:00 AM

I love this stuff, though I admit I buy this product (which I call lamp oil at home) very reluctantly because I really hate the idea of just slopping mineral oil on my face, but it does in fact work really beautifully! And I like the weird smell. I've tried many times to replace it with healthier combinations of jojoba, almond, castor, and olive oils... but nothing works as well as this. I live in a very cold, dry climate with extremely hard water, and this plus the black soap gets me through the winters. The other nice thing is that if I massage it gently into my eyelashes for a while it totally removes mascara, so I can cheat and avoid the extra step of using eye makeup remover, also saving my skin a little extra tugging.

on 1/20/2011 7:00:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Most of the time, I use this product to remove my eye makeup, but in the winter I use it to remove all my makeup because it acts as an EXTRA moisturizer.

I live in northern Ohio where the winters are frigid. This causes my dry skin to become even drier.

When the weather turns cold, I apply it all over my face, let it sit a few minutes and then remove it with a tissue. I wash my face and proceed with my retin a cream and bedtime treatment.

This oil is a wonderful healing moisturizer.

As a side note, I use it on my dog's nose when it sometimes gets rough and cracked. I lightly rub in a small amount and it heals and softens her nose in just a few days. I tried Vaseline, vet products and other moisterizers, but nothing works on her nose like this stuff.

I've tried samples of this oil several times to use with the sea mud soap, and all it ever does is irritate my skin. It's mostly mineral oil and fragrance. When I need to use oil with the soap, I use cold pressed meadowfoam , jojoba or hazel seed oil instead. Much better for my skin, cheaper and without the fragrance or preservatives. plus, using "real" oil lets me use different oils depending on how my skin is that day.

I was eager to try this line & I have to admit, this is one of my favorites from them. I put this all over my skin including eyes (it doesn't irritate me) and then leave it on for about 20 seconds. I take a cotton pad & gently wipe off & it relatively takes everything off. It leaves skin moist & hasn't caused me any breakouts.

Despite my love of Erno Laszlo, and my understanding of how the line works, I unfortunately cannot use this oil. No matter how I use it, it irritates my skin like nothing else ever has. I suppose I might be allergic to something in it--it makes my skin feel raw and very sore and I turn bright red, as though I've been sunburned.
I'm an 11:30 and so I'm supposed to use this oil before cleansing with the Phelityl Soap. Since an oil/soap cleansing routine is a big part of why Laszlo works so well, I've substituted pure grapeseed oil (from the health food store--only $4) in the place of the Phelityl Oil. So far, I've had really great results (just as clean as with the Phelityl Oil, but with zero irritation). If you are feeling sensitive to the Laszlo products, make sure that this oil isn't the culprit! If it is, using another sort of oil will work just as well and your Lazslo cleansing "ritual" will still be intact. While the Laszlo program gets 5 lippies from me, this oil does not--sorry.

on 7/30/2008 10:52:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is terrific, especially for those (like me) who go full out with makeup every day. It dissolves my mineral makeup, lipstick, eyeline, mascara and then washes away cleanly with the active phelityl soap. It did not sting my eyes or irritate in any way. I know it's not meant for the eyes but sometimes when washing, it will go there anyway. Very, very impressed with their line. I've tried many high end products and from my point of view, their products are very reasonably priced for the quality and quantity you receive and the packaging is really lovely.