Orly Glosser

Orly Glosser

3.4

Ethyl Acetate, Butyl Acetate, Nitrocellulose, Dibutyl Phthalate, Isopropyl Alcohol, Tosylamide/ Formaldehyde Resin, Sucrose Benzoate/Sucrose Acetate Isobutyrate Butyl Benzylphthalate Copolymer, Camphor, Etocrylene, Acrylates Copolymer, Alcohol Denat, D&C Violet No. 2, FD&C Blue No. 1.

on 12/13/2017 10:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

It's similar to every other top coat I've used (other than CND, but I've already made it clear in my review for that product how intensely I hate it), but marginally outperforms all of them on all counts, which is usually the best you can ask for in the world of beauty.

It's thin, but easy to apply and self-levels nicely. For a formula that isn't SUPPOSED to be quick-drying, it dries fairly quickly (enough so I can wash my hands and start doing household chores REALLY CAREFULLY within half an hour of application without messing up the manicure... this is important to me because I don't like to do the jazz hands / T-rex hands thing for too long) and hardens really nicely too so that what you see with the just-completed manicure is more or less what you get for the rest of the life of that manicure. And it does seem to help the longevity of the manicure too... a few extra chip-free days, and an extra 5 days or so before the manicure has to be redone all over again.

All in all, a solid purchase. I find this well worth the modest (for me, at least, at this time in my life) price increase over the average generic drugstore topcoat, and find it hard to imagine a really expensive top coat being significantly better than this.

on 3/26/2015 1:04:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This top coat is not Seche Vite, Out the Door, or any other fast-drying top coat. It's a standard glossy top coat. It dries fairly quickly, by which I mean by the time I finished with nail #10, I could spread drying drops on with a brush, without smearing the polish. It's not Orly's most chip-resistant top coat, but I find chips are (for me) a function of polish, how well I apply it, and how much I resist using my nails as tools. I love the rubberized grip of the top. I think the brush could be a tad wider, but it's not bad; it's about as narrow as my Cult Nails brush. Price-wise, it's in the middle-- not super-cheap, and certainly not expensive. I paid about $8 at my local Sally's. Besides giving this stuff a wider brush, I'd put it in a clear bottle; I almost passed it up, thinking it had a slight blue tint (it does not; the bottle has a slight tint). Until I find another top coat at a similar price that is superior, I could seeing buying this one over and over.

On edit: I should add that I dislike fast drying top coats because of the shrinkage issues I have with all of them. I tried them all, and no longer use any.

Update: Just had a manicure last nearly 10 days (Essie polish)-- and I was doing heavy cooking a lots of typing the entire time. Great top coat, great price.

2nd update: Another manicure looking like new 5 days later, through typing and cooking. I am sold on this top coat.

on 10/19/2013 12:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Have to say, I am pretty darn impressed with this stuff. I am going on day 8 with not one chip and the shine is as good as the first day! And I put my nails through hell and back daily. I did however use this with only Orly polishes - base, prince charming, top, then glosser. So maybe that has something to do with it? Who knows. Regardless I am satisfied with this stuff - lasts and is super shiny.

on 11/12/2012 2:22:00 PM

This product is the same quality of your normal top coat. Shine wears off like normal. Average and not worth the price. Seche Vite top coat trumps this top coat (and every top coat) by far.

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Not as glossy as they claim it to be. It takes FOREVER to dry and it's not worth it for the outcome anyways. Oh and after waiting forever for it to dry, I ended up getting bed sheet marks the next day. Next time I'll stick to sally Hansen insta-dri or orly in a snap

This nail polish leaves nails looking amazing! So glossy and shiny. I only wish it did a little better job with chipping.

on 10/19/2011 12:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I use Glosser to refresh my manis. It is my favorite non-quick drying TC. I use it over my Seche Vite after I've been wearing my mani for a couple days (or whenever it starts to dull) and it perks it right back up to good as new!

I do not use this alone as a topcoat as I prefer a quick dry TC when I do my full manicure. I think it makes a great refresher but I would not recommend it by itself unless you have gobs of time for your mani to dry.

let's make this simple would i buy again? YES YES YES YES YES oh and YES AGAIN and all over again! the brush it perfect size why would you want those big o' bulky nasty brushes that all they every do is carry extra formula! ew no! this glosser works way too great! it actually takes the dull look off my nails makes them shine sooooo beautifully! it's original price is 9 dollars got it for 42cents i believe or 70 something.. but i know it wasnt even a dollar!! at my local cvs since it was on sale! idk how or why but it was :DD went back for me and they were alllll gone so gotta stick with its orginal price from now on! love it way too much! gives you that perfect shine stays on long enough! drys pretty fast.. cant argue with this.. HIGHLY recommend!

on 6/28/2011 8:35:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

A very disappointing product. The brush is way to thin and my nails start chipping in ~5 days. I much prefer the "top to bottom" one from Orly. Would not repurchase.

I generally like this product. I feel that it does give me a great shiny coat, and unlike others, I felt the drying time was pretty good. However, the brush is awful, its so thin! I need at least two dippings into the bottle to cover some nails because the brush does not hold the product well. The handle is nice and rubbery, and I do like that part of the product. I also think it works nicely as an anti-chip coat, because my nails tend to wear off more than chip when I wear this top coat.