Dermablend Setting Powder

Dermablend Setting Powder
Lets add a picture of the new packaging for Pville

3.5

Talc, Methylparaben

on 10/20/2018 11:40:00 PM

This translucent setting powder is my all time favorite. I have been using this for years and have yet to find a problem with it. It works very well with other brands and products, it does blend in very nice and easily. I personally use this to bake my under eyes and set my concealer. I do not use this to set my whole face but I’m sure it would not be a problem if you did. I have multiple setting powders in my drawer but i find myself always reaching for this one. If you are someone that takes a lot of pictures with the flash on and have problems with flashback, then you should give this a try. I was a female impersonator at a local bar for 4 years, so with everyone taking pictures with the flash, and the spotlight shining i had no problems with this making me looked washed out. This product is $27 and you get 1oz. of product. It is definitely worth the price, so again, if you are someone who takes a lot of photos, or are just looking for an amazing setting powder then i suggest you give this a try. I personally haven’t had any problems with this creasing, becoming patchy, or clogging up my pores beyond repair. If you do go out and give this a try I’d love to know what you think of it!!!!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This works quite well for me. I use it to keep concealer from shifting off of any blemishes or imperfections. I also use it on the odd occasion that I wear make up as it helps keep it in place and mattify my skin. It doesn't completely work but it's better than not using anything to set it, and lasts about 8-10 hours on me, depending on how hot/humid it is on a given day. I also use a soft kabuki brush to dust this across my t-zone when I start to get oily by late afternoon.

The only problem is the color selection isn't all that great - I seem to fall somewhere between Beige and Warm Saffron, yet not quite either (and yes i've tried to blend the two, bad move!). Would love it if they could introduce some more shades, 'original' makes me look ghastly even though it's supposed to be translucent, and I would only suggest to those with very pale or neutral skin tones. I really wish a whole load of the powder didn't fall out each time I unscrew the lid, but I'm guessing the packaging is not gonna change anytime soon as it hasn't so far, in all the many years I've been using it.

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm
4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I literally have no words for this powder, I wouldn’t even take it if it’s given to me for free! So I was trying this for the first time the other day. I set my makeup in the morning just like what I normally do and within a few hours my makeup was separating and are starting the disappear from my face?!? And as the day goes by it got worse. There was no makeup left around my nose and barely any makeup left on my nose at the end of a 8.5 work day. I am oily but have never had this before. This claims to be smudge proof, to test this, I wiped my finger lightly on my forehead, and literally the powder cane right off! I wish I can give this negative stars! This is not even worth 1 cent! Worst makeup product I have ever tried I my entire life! I gave it another chance on the second day, exact same thing happened. This is going to the makeup graveyard and will just rot in there.

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I used to use NARS Light Reflecting Setting Powder, but I decided to buy this because it contains more product. I am satisfied with the product. For the price, you get A LOT of powder. It's not chalky at all. It's very easy to blend. I like to apply a light layer of it all over my face with a brush. It makes my face look so soft and flawless. However, I like to bake underneath my eyes... Well, I tried baking with this product and I noticed that even after I brush off the excess, my under eyes look horribly white if I walk outside in the sun. It's also pretty noticeable in flash photos. I'm pale so I assumed this powder wouldn't look harsh on my face. I would suggest staying away from baking with this powder. Just apply a small amount with a brush.

on 5/12/2018 6:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I bought this for cheap at Ulta on sale and it's a very nice setting powder. It's also nothing special. I got the cool beige and I was hoping for some additional coverage over foundation, which this kind of provides, but I don't see that's it's any better than, say, It Cosmetics Bye bye Pores which is what I was already using. I'll definitely use it up but I prefer the Bye bye Pores as it's less noticeable.

This is just talc. If I wanted talc, I'd go buy baby powder. I bought 2 of them during Ultas 21 days of beauty, and I'm returning 1. I tried the clear, and am returning the cool beige. I wish I would've tried the cool beige first. This product doesn't make my makeup stay on any longer. But at least you get alot for your money.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This powder is amazing for me, definitely a wow product. I have very dry and sensitive skin and I have never been able to wear powder or "bake." I also usually get tiny clogged pores on the side of my nose when I use loose powders. They also usually make my eyes look crepey and old. When I used this powder for the first time I was shocked. I used a tiny tiny amount on a Wet n Wild brush over my Sheer Glow foundation and under eyes. My pores disappeared. My under eyes lost the shininess and my mascara and liner stayed put all day since the concealer was set. I had no breakouts or clogged pores. This definitely works for my skin type which is combo/dry, clog prone and sensitive. I recommend using the Wet n Wild brushes as they are super soft and fluffy. I use the tiniest amount and swirl in the lid. Finally I can use powder! So very happy

on 12/20/2017 10:48:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

This powder is just "okay." It's not awful but doesn't wow me either. It can make you look cakey, like most powders, if you apply too much. I use it to set concealer under my eyes and blemishes on my face. It seems to pair well with a setting spray and doesn't react badly. I've used it with UD All Nighter and Ofra Makeup Fixer. I would not say it controls oil, but it also doesn't make me oily. It dulls my complexion and I like a dewy finish so I always have to use something else to give me a glow.

on 9/21/2017 6:22:00 PM

this has been sitting in my makeup drawer for ages and just for laughs I tried "lightly baking' my undereye concealer with it. Unbelievable! For the first time in years - YEARS - my concealer stayed put plus there was no crepey dry wrinkly skin under my eye.

I have hideous red/purple undereye circles and very dark eyelids. I seriously look like I have some kind of a health problem if I don't cover up. I've undoubtedly spent hundreds if not thousands of dollars on concealer over the past 40 years or so of makeup wearing.

I am pretty minimalist when it comes to makeup, so I don't add to it or freshen up during the day. What goes on in the morning is it so it needs to last. I've tried applying concealer before my mineral powder makeup, after my mineral powder makeup. I've tried correctors (fab for color-correcting but a greasy slip-n-slide under my eyes. I've tried every conceivable texture of concealer and numerous application techniques. No matter what I did the concealer would disappear during the day by migrating into the fine lines on both my undereye and lid. Any kind of powder would just make me look really wrinkly.

So imagine my surprise when I did a light bake with the Dermablend. I've tried this technique with my mineral makeup and some mineral powders specifically designed for the undereye but nothing performed like this did. Was it a fluke? Well, I've been using this technique for a couple of weeks now and it hasn't failed me once.

I know everyone has a different experience with products (just look at the mascara reviews!) so all I can say is that this product has made me very, very happy. After 40+ years of wearing makeup, I can finally count on my dark circles staying covered up and my undereye area looking smooth.

Am I the only one who hates all of these loose white powders that are suddenly so popular?? Every time I try one I feel like it magnifies all of my imperfections, this one is no exception :(