Dermablend Setting Powder

Dermablend Setting Powder
Lets add a picture of the new packaging for Pville

3.5

Talc, Methylparaben

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This powder is amazing for me, definitely a wow product. I have very dry and sensitive skin and I have never been able to wear powder or "bake." I also usually get tiny clogged pores on the side of my nose when I use loose powders. They also usually make my eyes look crepey and old. When I used this powder for the first time I was shocked. I used a tiny tiny amount on a Wet n Wild brush over my Sheer Glow foundation and under eyes. My pores disappeared. My under eyes lost the shininess and my mascara and liner stayed put all day since the concealer was set. I had no breakouts or clogged pores. This definitely works for my skin type which is combo/dry, clog prone and sensitive. I recommend using the Wet n Wild brushes as they are super soft and fluffy. I use the tiniest amount and swirl in the lid. Finally I can use powder! So very happy

on 12/20/2017 10:48:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

This powder is just "okay." It's not awful but doesn't wow me either. It can make you look cakey, like most powders, if you apply too much. I use it to set concealer under my eyes and blemishes on my face. It seems to pair well with a setting spray and doesn't react badly. I've used it with UD All Nighter and Ofra Makeup Fixer. I would not say it controls oil, but it also doesn't make me oily. It dulls my complexion and I like a dewy finish so I always have to use something else to give me a glow.

on 9/21/2017 6:22:00 PM

this has been sitting in my makeup drawer for ages and just for laughs I tried "lightly baking' my undereye concealer with it. Unbelievable! For the first time in years - YEARS - my concealer stayed put plus there was no crepey dry wrinkly skin under my eye.

I have hideous red/purple undereye circles and very dark eyelids. I seriously look like I have some kind of a health problem if I don't cover up. I've undoubtedly spent hundreds if not thousands of dollars on concealer over the past 40 years or so of makeup wearing.

I am pretty minimalist when it comes to makeup, so I don't add to it or freshen up during the day. What goes on in the morning is it so it needs to last. I've tried applying concealer before my mineral powder makeup, after my mineral powder makeup. I've tried correctors (fab for color-correcting but a greasy slip-n-slide under my eyes. I've tried every conceivable texture of concealer and numerous application techniques. No matter what I did the concealer would disappear during the day by migrating into the fine lines on both my undereye and lid. Any kind of powder would just make me look really wrinkly.

So imagine my surprise when I did a light bake with the Dermablend. I've tried this technique with my mineral makeup and some mineral powders specifically designed for the undereye but nothing performed like this did. Was it a fluke? Well, I've been using this technique for a couple of weeks now and it hasn't failed me once.

I know everyone has a different experience with products (just look at the mascara reviews!) so all I can say is that this product has made me very, very happy. After 40+ years of wearing makeup, I can finally count on my dark circles staying covered up and my undereye area looking smooth.

Am I the only one who hates all of these loose white powders that are suddenly so popular?? Every time I try one I feel like it magnifies all of my imperfections, this one is no exception :(

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is overpriced crap! I use dermablend to cover my numerous multi colored tattoos when appropriate for an occasion. Many are above my collar and on my chest. I used this setting powder with the cover cream, and neither actually set, leaving a filthy greasy mess on my cleavage, neck and clothing. Coty Airspun Setting powder is an age old classic, and set the Dermablend perfectly! Stay away from this, spent $30 for a tiny (messy) pot of it at Ulta.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Works great. Gives a nice smooth finish.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

After hearing all the hype around this setting powder I finally got around to trying it.
I have to say I am less than impressed.
The color range is pretty bad. There is original, which is just a translucent white powder, cool beige, and warm saffron. I am not a fan of typical translucent powders because they always leave a light cast to my face which I hate.
I went with cool beige because they did not sell the warm saffron in Sephora.
The color was not bad but again it did leave a slight lighter cast on the skin but not too bad.
I worry that warm saffron would be too dark anyway.
It looked nice on my skin but not quite as nice as my current favorite.
To my dismay, I became shiny fairly quickly and it did not make my makeup last any longer than my current powder. I tried baking with this and using all the tips but it simply did not perform as well. I used this with the smooth liquid camo foundation which also did not last nearly as long as advertised. Maybe on dry skin or normal but if you have oily skin this does wear off fairly easily.
Ingredient list showed no magical ingredients worth the hefty price tag which I assumed after using with less than stellar results.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

Nice. I love this product for setting all of my under eye makeup as it prevents creasing and brightens the under eye area. The jar it comes in is travel friendly.

on 8/14/2016 1:02:00 PM

I love Dermablend but I'm on the fence with this because it's nothing really spectacular. I've been using mufe hd powder for years, but was looking for something that is flashback-free. On that end, this gives less flashback but is still present. It doesn't do as good of a job of smoothing skin as mufe, however. I bought Cool Beige and it helps a little with taming flashback from foundation. For some though, it tends to make the color of my foundation darker, which I guess should be expected since it comes as a color. I guess I just didn't think it would make a huge difference in color and expected something completely translucent. anyway, I think this is good enough, but nothing excellent. You DO get a huge container for 20 something bucks, so like every Dermablend product, you get your money's worth. It's mostly talc.

This initially helps control my oil, but doesn't do anything extra a few hours later, nor does it cause me to get more oily like mufe does.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My HG setting powder. I tried tarte Laura mercier and makeup forever setting powder. This is the best for baking because it doesn't dry your skin out and doesn't cause a white cast in photos the way some of the others do. This never has made my makeup look cakey and it keeps my makeup set for about 10 hours which is great for my oily skin. I also think the price is decent compared to some of the other brands and is a good size. This thing lasts me for about 8 months.