Dermablend Setting Powder

Dermablend Setting Powder
Lets add a picture of the new packaging for Pville

3.5

Talc, Methylparaben

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My HG setting powder. I tried tarte Laura mercier and makeup forever setting powder. This is the best for baking because it doesn't dry your skin out and doesn't cause a white cast in photos the way some of the others do. This never has made my makeup look cakey and it keeps my makeup set for about 10 hours which is great for my oily skin. I also think the price is decent compared to some of the other brands and is a good size. This thing lasts me for about 8 months.

on 8/14/2016 1:02:00 PM

I love Dermablend but I'm on the fence with this because it's nothing really spectacular. I've been using mufe hd powder for years, but was looking for something that is flashback-free. On that end, this gives less flashback but is still present. It doesn't do as good of a job of smoothing skin as mufe, however. I bought Cool Beige and it helps a little with taming flashback from foundation. For some though, it tends to make the color of my foundation darker, which I guess should be expected since it comes as a color. I guess I just didn't think it would make a huge difference in color and expected something completely translucent. anyway, I think this is good enough, but nothing excellent. You DO get a huge container for 20 something bucks, so like every Dermablend product, you get your money's worth. It's mostly talc.

This initially helps control my oil, but doesn't do anything extra a few hours later, nor does it cause me to get more oily like mufe does.

To Read all 62 Reviews, Login or Join

on 11/19/2014 11:45:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am very oily. I will use Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation. Dermablend liquid foundation just slips off my face. With the Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation and this setting powder, my makeup can stay on all day. I don't get shiny. I have been using this combination for over 20 years. The original color sometimes in the winter is too harsh, so I will miss the Original with Cool Beige to give me a more natural look. I don't use the original buff that ships with the product, I don't think it gives me the coverage I like. I will use my own makeup brush to sweep it on my face.

Update 2/25/2016. I use to love this product. I went to the store and Ulta was out of the product. I chatted with the sale's clerk that suggested IT Cosmetics loose powder. I was not thrilled since Dermablend is my product. IT Cosmetics was also way more expensive for the amount of the product. I tried it on one side of my face with Dermablend on the other. I am no longer a Dermablend fan. Sorry, but after over 20 years, I am switching.

on 11/10/2014 8:46:00 PM

This is a great setting powder for when you have a monster blemish and you don't want your concealer to budge a jot. Be sure to follow the instructions on leaving it on and dusting off the excess. It doesn't have the perfecting or brightening effects that other setting powders have (NARS and Laura Mercier) but there's nothing stopping you gently adding other powder products on top. I layer on my bronzer and blusher no problem, I don't actually like my setting powders to leave a sheen - I prefer them matt and then I can add on anything I think I need. Long story short, great powder for setting concealer - as the advert goes, it does what it says on the tin!

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Meh, I wanted to like this product but I cant. I bought it after reading good reviews on another website> i was already using dermablend indulgence founddation and read that it makes it last forever, well it doesnt. If I apply it before work at around 8am by noon my T zone is sliding off.
Also, I wish I had read the reviews here saying that its basically just talcum powder...

As much as I love Vichy foundations, this setting powder didn't seem to work well with it, it made it oily and didn't matte it, rimmel stay matte is a better choice and it's only £3.99 compared to this

on 5/15/2014 9:55:00 AM

I bought this powder in cool beige. I wonder if it's changed recently, my packaging looks nothing like the picture. I like it as a finishing powder and the color seems to blend in and vanish. It's just, I could live without it. I love the Cover Cream but I don't use this nearly as much as I thought I would. I got talked into it when I was told the Cover Cream is meant to have this over it for longevity but I really haven't had any problems there and now I mostly use Hourglass powders to finish.

on 3/20/2014 9:32:00 PM

I have say that I didnt like this powder at all, its almost pure talc, it feels bad putting it on and kinda irritated my eyes if I got some accidently on my lashes, it feel drying but I would have shiny makeup after an hour of putting it on, so no real oil control at all, I would have powder with something else as soon as I got out of the car from my 30 minute morning commute, its not that reasonably priced its practically the same as if you used unscented baby powder, which has the same strength of talc and dryness

on 11/28/2012 8:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I bought this product for my daughter. My daugher had this horrific case of eczema and general rashes. She was in middle school and suffered from the raw red look on her inner arms. After getting the right medication she still had some mild flare ups and some skin that was discolored. Because she is a cheerleader she was embarrassed to go out in public during a game without some kind of body makeup. The dermablend sales women at Macy's in Boston were amazing. They helped my daughter get her confidence back. She no longer needs to use dermablend to cover these areas. She no longer has this awful rash or scarred tissue. Her skin is back to normal and she is doing fantastic. But this stuff is amazing. Honestly I am beyond thankful that there is a company that makes products for people with scars, rashes, blemishes, birthmarks... God Bless Dermablend.

So,now you know the history let me tell you a little about this powder. I do not know what is in it but it lasts. I have tried this powder on top of all my foundations on days that oily ones and this powder really sets the foundation. It is really meant for the dermablend products but it works for me. I do not use this every day. In fact more like once a month on those pms times of slick skin. At first when the sales lady added this to our pile of dermablend products I thought, oh this is just some overpriced powder. No, seriously it is pretty good stuff. Powder does not work the same. I am not sure what is in it, but it works. It truly sets and helps the foundation to last.

I have in in the lightest skin tone color, clear and white. All works wonders.

If you have truly oily skin but you love the way your foundation works. I recommend you try this dermablend powder on top of your foundation. Go on line, u-tube or visit Dermablend to understand how to use it. It can really help your foundation last 12 hours.

Why did I give it 4? Becareful that it does not break you out. Be sure to really remove the powder. I also do not know the ingredients and wonder what else is in it.

on 11/22/2012 1:04:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Good oil controlling powder and make your foundation transfer proof. But this broke me out because it basically contains only 2 ingredients talc and methylparaben. Talc in such a high consistency in a powder can cause break out on sensitive skins. Dermablend also sells a talc-free one that is called numasque talc-free loose setting powder and that is as good as this one and does not break me out!