Dermablend Setting Powder

Dermablend Setting Powder
Lets add a picture of the new packaging for Pville

3.4

Talc, Methylparaben

on 9/21/2017 6:22:00 PM

this has been sitting in my makeup drawer for ages and just for laughs I tried "lightly baking' my undereye concealer with it. Unbelievable! For the first time in years - YEARS - my concealer stayed put plus there was no crepey dry wrinkly skin under my eye.

I have hideous red/purple undereye circles and very dark eyelids. I seriously look like I have some kind of a health problem if I don't cover up. I've undoubtedly spent hundreds if not thousands of dollars on concealer over the past 40 years or so of makeup wearing.

I am pretty minimalist when it comes to makeup, so I don't add to it or freshen up during the day. What goes on in the morning is it so it needs to last. I've tried applying concealer before my mineral powder makeup, after my mineral powder makeup. I've tried correctors (fab for color-correcting but a greasy slip-n-slide under my eyes. I've tried every conceivable texture of concealer and numerous application techniques. No matter what I did the concealer would disappear during the day by migrating into the fine lines on both my undereye and lid. Any kind of powder would just make me look really wrinkly.

So imagine my surprise when I did a light bake with the Dermablend. I've tried this technique with my mineral makeup and some mineral powders specifically designed for the undereye but nothing performed like this did. Was it a fluke? Well, I've been using this technique for a couple of weeks now and it hasn't failed me once.

I know everyone has a different experience with products (just look at the mascara reviews!) so all I can say is that this product has made me very, very happy. After 40+ years of wearing makeup, I can finally count on my dark circles staying covered up and my undereye area looking smooth.

Am I the only one who hates all of these loose white powders that are suddenly so popular?? Every time I try one I feel like it magnifies all of my imperfections, this one is no exception :(

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

Nice. I love this product for setting all of my under eye makeup as it prevents creasing and brightens the under eye area. The jar it comes in is travel friendly.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

After hearing all the hype around this setting powder I finally got around to trying it.
I have to say I am less than impressed.
The color range is pretty bad. There is original, which is just a translucent white powder, cool beige, and warm saffron. I am not a fan of typical translucent powders because they always leave a light cast to my face which I hate.
I went with cool beige because they did not sell the warm saffron in Sephora.
The color was not bad but again it did leave a slight lighter cast on the skin but not too bad.
I worry that warm saffron would be too dark anyway.
It looked nice on my skin but not quite as nice as my current favorite.
To my dismay, I became shiny fairly quickly and it did not make my makeup last any longer than my current powder. I tried baking with this and using all the tips but it simply did not perform as well. I used this with the smooth liquid camo foundation which also did not last nearly as long as advertised. Maybe on dry skin or normal but if you have oily skin this does wear off fairly easily.
Ingredient list showed no magical ingredients worth the hefty price tag which I assumed after using with less than stellar results.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is overpriced crap! I use dermablend to cover my numerous multi colored tattoos when appropriate for an occasion. Many are above my collar and on my chest. I used this setting powder with the cover cream, and neither actually set, leaving a filthy greasy mess on my cleavage, neck and clothing. Coty Airspun Setting powder is an age old classic, and set the Dermablend perfectly! Stay away from this, spent $30 for a tiny (messy) pot of it at Ulta.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Works great. Gives a nice smooth finish.

on 8/14/2016 1:02:00 PM

I love Dermablend but I'm on the fence with this because it's nothing really spectacular. I've been using mufe hd powder for years, but was looking for something that is flashback-free. On that end, this gives less flashback but is still present. It doesn't do as good of a job of smoothing skin as mufe, however. I bought Cool Beige and it helps a little with taming flashback from foundation. For some though, it tends to make the color of my foundation darker, which I guess should be expected since it comes as a color. I guess I just didn't think it would make a huge difference in color and expected something completely translucent. anyway, I think this is good enough, but nothing excellent. You DO get a huge container for 20 something bucks, so like every Dermablend product, you get your money's worth. It's mostly talc.

This initially helps control my oil, but doesn't do anything extra a few hours later, nor does it cause me to get more oily like mufe does.

on 11/10/2014 8:46:00 PM

This is a great setting powder for when you have a monster blemish and you don't want your concealer to budge a jot. Be sure to follow the instructions on leaving it on and dusting off the excess. It doesn't have the perfecting or brightening effects that other setting powders have (NARS and Laura Mercier) but there's nothing stopping you gently adding other powder products on top. I layer on my bronzer and blusher no problem, I don't actually like my setting powders to leave a sheen - I prefer them matt and then I can add on anything I think I need. Long story short, great powder for setting concealer - as the advert goes, it does what it says on the tin!

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My HG setting powder. I tried tarte Laura mercier and makeup forever setting powder. This is the best for baking because it doesn't dry your skin out and doesn't cause a white cast in photos the way some of the others do. This never has made my makeup look cakey and it keeps my makeup set for about 10 hours which is great for my oily skin. I also think the price is decent compared to some of the other brands and is a good size. This thing lasts me for about 8 months.

on 11/19/2014 11:45:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am very oily. I will use Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation. Dermablend liquid foundation just slips off my face. With the Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation and this setting powder, my makeup can stay on all day. I don't get shiny. I have been using this combination for over 20 years. The original color sometimes in the winter is too harsh, so I will miss the Original with Cool Beige to give me a more natural look. I don't use the original buff that ships with the product, I don't think it gives me the coverage I like. I will use my own makeup brush to sweep it on my face.

Update 2/25/2016. I use to love this product. I went to the store and Ulta was out of the product. I chatted with the sale's clerk that suggested IT Cosmetics loose powder. I was not thrilled since Dermablend is my product. IT Cosmetics was also way more expensive for the amount of the product. I tried it on one side of my face with Dermablend on the other. I am no longer a Dermablend fan. Sorry, but after over 20 years, I am switching.