Dermablend Setting Powder

Dermablend Setting Powder
Lets add a picture of the new packaging for Pville

3.5

Talc, Methylparaben

Works great. Gives a nice smooth finish.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

After hearing all the hype around this setting powder I finally got around to trying it.
I have to say I am less than impressed.
The color range is pretty bad. There is original, which is just a translucent white powder, cool beige, and warm saffron. I am not a fan of typical translucent powders because they always leave a light cast to my face which I hate.
I went with cool beige because they did not sell the warm saffron in Sephora.
The color was not bad but again it did leave a slight lighter cast on the skin but not too bad.
I worry that warm saffron would be too dark anyway.
It looked nice on my skin but not quite as nice as my current favorite.
To my dismay, I became shiny fairly quickly and it did not make my makeup last any longer than my current powder. I tried baking with this and using all the tips but it simply did not perform as well. I used this with the smooth liquid camo foundation which also did not last nearly as long as advertised. Maybe on dry skin or normal but if you have oily skin this does wear off fairly easily.
Ingredient list showed no magical ingredients worth the hefty price tag which I assumed after using with less than stellar results.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Nice. I love this product for setting all of my under eye makeup as it prevents creasing and brightens the under eye area. The jar it comes in is travel friendly.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My HG setting powder. I tried tarte Laura mercier and makeup forever setting powder. This is the best for baking because it doesn't dry your skin out and doesn't cause a white cast in photos the way some of the others do. This never has made my makeup look cakey and it keeps my makeup set for about 10 hours which is great for my oily skin. I also think the price is decent compared to some of the other brands and is a good size. This thing lasts me for about 8 months.

on 8/14/2016 1:02:00 PM

I love Dermablend but I'm on the fence with this because it's nothing really spectacular. I've been using mufe hd powder for years, but was looking for something that is flashback-free. On that end, this gives less flashback but is still present. It doesn't do as good of a job of smoothing skin as mufe, however. I bought Cool Beige and it helps a little with taming flashback from foundation. For some though, it tends to make the color of my foundation darker, which I guess should be expected since it comes as a color. I guess I just didn't think it would make a huge difference in color and expected something completely translucent. anyway, I think this is good enough, but nothing excellent. You DO get a huge container for 20 something bucks, so like every Dermablend product, you get your money's worth. It's mostly talc.

This initially helps control my oil, but doesn't do anything extra a few hours later, nor does it cause me to get more oily like mufe does.

on 11/19/2014 11:45:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am very oily. I will use Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation. Dermablend liquid foundation just slips off my face. With the Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation and this setting powder, my makeup can stay on all day. I don't get shiny. I have been using this combination for over 20 years. The original color sometimes in the winter is too harsh, so I will miss the Original with Cool Beige to give me a more natural look. I don't use the original buff that ships with the product, I don't think it gives me the coverage I like. I will use my own makeup brush to sweep it on my face.

Update 2/25/2016. I use to love this product. I went to the store and Ulta was out of the product. I chatted with the sale's clerk that suggested IT Cosmetics loose powder. I was not thrilled since Dermablend is my product. IT Cosmetics was also way more expensive for the amount of the product. I tried it on one side of my face with Dermablend on the other. I am no longer a Dermablend fan. Sorry, but after over 20 years, I am switching.

on 11/10/2014 8:46:00 PM

This is a great setting powder for when you have a monster blemish and you don't want your concealer to budge a jot. Be sure to follow the instructions on leaving it on and dusting off the excess. It doesn't have the perfecting or brightening effects that other setting powders have (NARS and Laura Mercier) but there's nothing stopping you gently adding other powder products on top. I layer on my bronzer and blusher no problem, I don't actually like my setting powders to leave a sheen - I prefer them matt and then I can add on anything I think I need. Long story short, great powder for setting concealer - as the advert goes, it does what it says on the tin!

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Meh, I wanted to like this product but I cant. I bought it after reading good reviews on another website> i was already using dermablend indulgence founddation and read that it makes it last forever, well it doesnt. If I apply it before work at around 8am by noon my T zone is sliding off.
Also, I wish I had read the reviews here saying that its basically just talcum powder...

As much as I love Vichy foundations, this setting powder didn't seem to work well with it, it made it oily and didn't matte it, rimmel stay matte is a better choice and it's only £3.99 compared to this

on 5/15/2014 9:55:00 AM

I bought this powder in cool beige. I wonder if it's changed recently, my packaging looks nothing like the picture. I like it as a finishing powder and the color seems to blend in and vanish. It's just, I could live without it. I love the Cover Cream but I don't use this nearly as much as I thought I would. I got talked into it when I was told the Cover Cream is meant to have this over it for longevity but I really haven't had any problems there and now I mostly use Hourglass powders to finish.