Juicy Couture Fragrance

3.5

on 1/15/2017 12:58:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is Barbie's signature scent. Really, it is. You would think she would spritz herself with Pink Sugar or Fantasy, but as soon as this hits your skin.. this is what Barbie smells like! It's so painfully girly, but so elegant and an extremely well composed perfume. This is one of a kind. Lily, tuberose, creme brûlée and caramel with watermelon!

I have had this fragrance for a few years... and didn't realise until now, when I was about to resell it that it is the tuberose scent I've always longed for! Quite sweet but not overly so, it's a creamy, well-rounded tuberose with a touch of crisp green apple, fresh green leaves and a slight hint of patchouli at the base. A keeper.

White floral powerhouse; not really for the faint of heart or those who are ambivalent on those kinds of fragrances. I'm a little torn on whether to give this a four or a five, mainly because there's debate among myself and my loved ones regarding the actual notes. I smell tuberose and jasmine (the latter of which isn't in here), others smell gardenia or magnolia, neither of which are notes listed here either. The downgrade would mainly be because I don't think the white florals in here are distinct.

I saw an open bottle of this at TJ Maxx and jumped at the chance to try it. Now, a friend of mine loves Viva La Juicy, and while it smells great on her (I get her a bottle every year on her birthday), I think it smells too sugary sweet for me and to be honest it reminds me of high school formals, when every girl was wearing it. I expected Juicy Couture to be much the same. To my surprise, I liked it.

It's a spring/summer, more formal fragrance to me. The white florals are very bright; I get a melon note that adds to the soapy brightness, and a bit of tart green apple as well. The citrus isn't noticeable at all, nor is the patchouli or creme brulee base. The middle mellows out the brightness a bit, more soapy florals, and the base is a soft caramelized sugar. The woods in here are not discernible to my nose. I find it layers well with the Suave Sea Minerals lotion; it gives it a vaguely oceanic/men's cologne base that's made it a winner during this Summer 2016 heatwave.

It's got a fairly large sillage, so you want a light hand with this (and maybe avoid wearing this to work/around sensitive people). The lasting power, however, is disappointingly weak. At $20 from TJ Maxx, I'm not super bummed, but I was shocked to see some people pay $80 for this at Sephora. This stuff lasts for about 3-4 hours and is in no way worth that retail price. The bottle is fairly cute (I like the glass gem-like topper) and heavy. I do find it annoying that there are so many Juicy Couture fragrances that look similar. If I go and repurchase, I fear I might accidentally buy one of the other versions because they look so similar on first glance.

I keep this 'round the SO's place to use because it smells lovely and is a good value. We don't always agree on perfumes, but he does say that this one smells like a fancy lady. I'm about 2/3 of the way through this bottle, and if I didn't have a perfume backlog, I'd be open to repurchasing.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This one started out as a big white floral, strongly tuberose, very perfume-y. It gradually faded to something much softer, much more wearable--but by then it was almost gone. It was undetectable shortly after.

on 10/15/2015 9:55:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I am in love with the original Juicy Couture Eau De Parfum. I am a perfume whore and have owned at least sixty different perfumes and have tested hundreds at stores, and nothing suites me as well as this. It is an exremely intriguing scent (on me anyways). I can not stop smelling my wrists when I wear it. The smell is almost indescribable. It is a very feminime, sensual, rich, classy, romantic floral that is lightly sweetened with a warm base to it. It probably would not have been my favorite scent in my teens or early twenties (I just turned thirty), but I would not classify it as a mature woman fragrance by any means. If you prefer really young scents like Victoria Secret Love Spell or Pure Seduction, this probably is not for you. My style of makeup, hair, and clothing is very Eurpoean and I feel this matches my style perfectly. I have tested all of Juicy's scents and although I don't dislike the other scents or anything, they just do not compare to the original for me.

on 11/28/2016 8:27:00 PM

This is one of my all time favorites. I get compliments when I wear it. It lasts FOREVER. Like, 8-12 hours. It's a very clean, easy to wear scent. To me it doesn't smell particularly "seasonal " which is a huge plus in the limitless wearability department. Spring, summer, winter or fall, JC can be pulled off.

I really dislike most of the JC line but this original is really good. I found my current bottle at Burlington Coat Factory. A 3.4oz for $35.00 and I checked the batch code it's a 2016 bottle. I was really excited. I love it, my husband loves it, strangers love it. It's just a winner on me. The only real downside is, it can be extremely overwhelming if you spray too much and until it "settles " into its dry down it is a bit "sharp." So, my advice is go easy on the spraying until you know you like it!

on 11/10/2014 4:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

My signature scent. I've tried others and always go back to this. Never really liked florals, but the other notes in this is what makes it unique. I don't like any of the other JC fragrances at all. Sticking with what fits me. Perfect for day and night.

on 1/18/2015 7:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This smells like a strong sweet candied tuberose to me, and I usually don't like gardenia or tuberose perfumes. It reminds me of Estee Lauder's Beyond Paradise, Michael Kors Very Hollywood, Sonia Kashuk Pink Innocence (from Target).

They're all tropical, summery, beachy, flowery white florals -- like a Hawaiian lei maybe? Strong, showy, extroverted. Could potentially cause a headache. Anything majoring in heady white florals is not really my type, normally.

Launched in 2006, here are the notes, per parfumo.net:

Top Notes -- Apple, Passion fruit, Tagetes, Water hyacinth, Watermelon
Heart Notes -- Lily, Rose, Tuberose
Base Notes -- Caramel, Patchouli, Vanilla

ADDENDUM 8/13/15: I remember seeing in an article, quite awhile ago -- that Bethenny Frankel wears Juicy Couture as her sig (or did at the time). She's on Real Housewives of New York -- formerly Martha Stewart's Apprentice.

ADDENDUM 6/25/16: OK, it's hot summer now, and I'm absolutely craving Juicy Couture in this weather. I wouldn't want to wear this in Fall-Winter, or even Spring -- but in hot sultry sunshine-y summer weather, I was craving a pretty tuberose blend -- and Juicy Couture hits the nail on the head, big-time. It's happy & luscious & joyous -- smells like a tropical summer vacation -- makes me feel like I'm at a luau. I'm upping my lippies, but for me, this is a very situational scent -- yet it's a "must-have" for when that specific time & craving hits.

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

You know that scent that fills your nose as soon as you walk into a department store? Well this is it, except it's not as strong. It's like a lite version. It's a very sophisticated smell. I really like it. And the bottle is beautiful.

One of my old all time favorites. I just feel like I've outgrown it. For years it was in my rotation, and it's not nearly fruity enough to suit my tastes. Very extremely floral. I'm not a floral girl but I do think this parfum is classy AND classic. I enjoy it and it smells lovely, but I probably won't repurchase. I'll accept it as a gift though! ;)

Popular Fragrances