L'Oreal Paris Blush Delicieux in Rosewood

No Image

4.6

on 3/28/2012 11:53:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

This is my favorite blush, it looks completely like a natural flush on me (I'm a NW20). It's the one that I reach for almost everyday. I just don't like the package, mine broke the lid a lonnng time ago, and the brush that comes with it is useless (as happens to every brush-that-comes-with-the-blush, btw).

Hair: Red, Kinky, Medium

I used to use this but then stopped. And I remembered why when I re-puchased it! It wasnt as soft as Bourjois, and so applied harshly instead of softly so you can build it. I gave it to my mum who liked it instead. Not an awful blush, not too great for me though.

*Click on "Continued>>" to view pics / full review*

At a Glance:
Price: RM36.90 / about US$8-$9
Website: Lorealparisusa.com
Weight: N/A
Ingredients: Talc, Dimethicone, Alumina, Magnesium Stearate, Nylon-12, Zinc Laurate, Isocetyl Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Silica, Trisocetyl Citrate, Phenoxyethanol, Methyparaben, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Parfum / Fragrance, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, Benzyl Alcohol, [+ / - May Contain: Mica, CI77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI77000 / Aluminium Powder, CI77499, CI77492, CI77491 / Iron Oxides, CI73360 / Red 30, CI75470 / Carmine, CI12085 / Red 36]

Product Description:

Blush Delice is a sheer, soft-powder blush infused with Vitamin C that will give your cheeks a healthy, radiant glow! With 5 all-natural shades to choose from, Blush Dlice goes on smoothly, blends easily, and allows buildable coverage so YOU can decide how much to glow!

Actual Product Pic:

My $0.02:

Pigmentation & Color (Plus Swatches! :D):

There're only 4 colors available where i live - they're:
102 True Rose - a light peachy rose that looks so natural on my NC20-25 skin! In fact, this is the first blush i ever owned! :)
103 Sandalwood Veil - a sweet pale bubblegum pink
114 Fresh Papaya - a shimmery peach with gold reflects
04 Rosewood - a shimmery mid rose

Pigmentation wise they go on sheer, but are definitely buildable. Two swipes is all i need (one for the shimmery ones) to achieve a natural flush!!

Swatches:

The Applicator & Packaging:

The new packaging almost similar to the old one except the new one has this plastic reflective cover which looks more appealing than the old one. Both packaging has a built in mirror, which is great!

I however, prefer the old packaging as the new one is soooo difficult to open!! i had to stick my nail in between the clasp to pry it open! Grrr!

These blushes come with a brush also!

It looks rather scratchy at a glance, but is actually alright to use on the face! it's better than most of the compact blush brush that i've tried before :) however, i still recommend using a fluffy blush for the perfect application :)

Texture & Taste:
There're two textures - the Matt ones which have no shimmers (perfect for the natural look) and the Radiant ones which are shimmery. Both go on smoothly but Fresh Papaya has the best texture IMHO! These blushes have a wonderful orangy scent which fades away after sometime! :)

Time Test:
These blushes last the whole day despite being powder blushes!!

Price & Availability:
This product is priced at RM36.90 / about US$8-$9 each which i personally think is cheap! They are available at most Loreal counters at Watsons / Guardian / Your local supermarket :)

Usage:
These blushes are pretty foolproof! I used to use True Rose on a daily basis for a natural flush. I also use Fresh Papaya as a highlight for my cheekbones! :)

In a Nutshell:

These are excellent drug store blushes that works beautifully without breaking the bank!

Likes: Universally flattering shades, compact and light (perfect for travelling)
Gripes: The bad packaging, limited shades!
Repurchase: I would if i ever run out!

Rating:
4.5 Stars ! Near HG Stuff!!

Credits: Product photo from Lorealparisusa.com continued >>

on 5/15/2008 7:37:00 PM

AKA Bois de Rose.
The color is beautiful - itīs hard to explain, but it is a beautiful peachy color, and it provides some glow.
Unfortunately, the lasting power is not very good. It fades in a few (and I really mean a few) hours.
Everybody talks about the scent of these blushers, but I canīt smell anything!

on 4/2/2008 8:36:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Wow, this is an amazing product. I don't know where I'd be without it - certainly looking a lot less radiant. This is the perfect blusher in my world. It has the ability to make anyone look glowing and radiant. All I need are this blusher and mascara and I'm good to go, because of the amazing-ness of this wonderful product!!!!

The most wonderful blusher I've ever used!

on 5/9/2007 3:49:00 PM

I have bought this product for the second time and I find it great. It's my everyday blush and it fits my skin tone perfectly (my skin is very fair).
I find the packaging quality very good, very solid and the little mirror in it does the trick. Also good that a brush is included as I love compacts and I don't want to carry extra brushes around with me.
That's one of the things I look out for when buying new makeup.

I find that this blush is very long wearing. I put it on top of a powder base and it lasts all day.

It doesn't have any shimmer in it, which I like and I will definitely buy it again.

I have also tested a different colour, the old rose (?) tone which is much more subtle.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Blush Delicieux in "Rosewood" is a lovely, slightly shimmery medium antique rose with a slight punch of apricot which looks natural and warm on my olive-toned skin. This is my "everyday" blush which I wear during the day when the weather is a little chilly or even during a night on the town, but I tend to gravitate towards "perkier" shades from this line for summer or sunny wear (Blush Delicieux in "Fresh Papaya" is my chosen summer blush which I have also reviewed here on MUA). "Rosewood" looks very nice and sophisticated with a nude/warm lipstick such as L'Oreal's "Glam Shine Cream" in "Sweet Nude" or Maybelline's Moisture Extreme in "Bonbon Caramel". The staying power of the product is alright - it will fade after several hours especially if you sweat, but it fades very well, without streaking of blotchiness. The packaging itself is a small compact with the lid color indicating it's shade. The compact holds a mirror inside as well as a nice quality brush - although the brush is flat and good for contouring, I normally use MAC's blush brush. My only gripe about this product, which I have illustrated in my other review for a blush from this series, is the opening mechanism of the compact. It's difficult to open easily, especially for those with long nails. This little gripe isn't detrimental to the product, which is really one of my all-time favorites. I love this blush and I highly recommend it for those with warm undertones.

Popular Blush Products