no images

price range

Reviews

3.0

7 years ago

Lately I have been on a nail polish rave! Picking up every nail polish I lay my eyes on. I think this started because my brother in law built me a nail polish rack. I usually go and get my nails done but after 2 weeks I had to go back and get fills and it was just burning a hole in my wallet. So now I have started a collection of polishes. On Pinterest I saw how MANY women posted pictures of their nail art with Essie nail polish. I decided to splurge and bought a good $100 of Essie Nail Polishes. Well, I fell in love. Their polishes are great, they don't chip, as long as I apply a Essie Protein Bast Coat and Essie 3 Way Top Coat. Calypso is nice color a fushia, it's not too shocking a wearable for work. It has no streaking and great consistency. I will continue to buy more Essie nail Polishes.

About reviewer (31 reviews)

SkinNormal, Olive, Neutral

HairBrown, Curly, Medium

11 years ago

I love this color. Essie and Opi make great colors. The staying power is strong and my pedicure lasts a long time. I would use this for a pedicure only - perfect for the summer and works on all sandals. The color as a manicure is too girly, bright, and not sophisticated for business environment.

About reviewer (132 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

11 years ago

This is a fun bright "Barbie" pink that is deep enough to be wearable and flattering (I have light Asian coloring). I wouldn't put this on my feet, but it looks great on my hands. With a base coat, just one coat was enough! It didn't streak at all and applied smoothly opaque with one coat. I was amazed.

About reviewer (59 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

13 years ago

I just got this on my feet and I absolutely love it! It's such a pretty, bright and cheery summer color. I am a PPP and it is very flattering on my skin tone even though I am very very fair. My DH complimented me on the color too..which is telling because normally he doesn't notice my nail-polish. I highly recommend!

About reviewer (30 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair

HairBrunette

EyesBlue

from

13 years ago

This is one of my favorite Essies for a summer pedicure. It is a deep pink with a touch of purple. Opaque in two coats, no shimmer or glitter. Finish is quite shiny and I almost don't need a top coat but I use Seche Vite for quick drying and the pedicure seems to last perfectly for at least a week! In terms of coloring I am NC25/30 during the winter and NC 35/40 during the summer months. Also, "Calypso" pairs very nicely with Chanel Aqualumiere Bahama and Chanel Glossimers Imaginaire and Summer Plum.

About reviewer (111 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBrown

from

13 years ago

Beautiful summer pedicure shade. Just a gorgeous creme that applies so easily. I think it's a twin for OPI My Auntie Drinks Cianti. I'm warm, tan, between an FFF/MMM. Very flattering shade IMO, it's a deep pink, not bright.

About reviewer (130 reviews)

Age30-35