Joico Body Luxe Thickening Conditioner

No Image

3.6

Water (Deionized) (aqua), Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearalkonium Chloride, Glycerin, Hydrolyzed Human Hair Keratin (Quadramine Complex), Laurdimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Human Hair Keratin, Hydrolyzed Oat Protein, Oat Amino Acids, Silicone Quaternium 16, Hydroxyethyl Cellulose, Polyquaternium 10, Polysorbate 60, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Undeceth 11, Butyl Octanol, Undeceth 5, Fragrance (parfum)

on 2/22/2018 9:00:00 PM

I bought the 1 liter bottle on sale at burlington coat factory and i used it continuously more than a year!!! I loved this conditioner, it smells nice and it makes my hair soft and shiny, I don't know about the volumizing part, maybe the difference is subtle, but i do recommend it.
My hair is oily and straight, processed but not damaged.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I will be returning this conditioner. This does give my long fine hair some volume, that's why I gave it 2 stars. continual use of this has actually left my hair pretty dry, and my scalp irritated. I do have sensitive skin, but I have not experienced an itchy sensitive scalp from other conditioners like I have with this.
I have used other volumizing conditioners (and many other types) without this issue. such as redken, TIGI, bed head, it's a ten, and even other joico products.
This conditioner is very thick and I do not mind the smell. another thing I've noticed is that I have been getting painful pimples inside my ears since using this conditioner. I do make sure to clean my ears regularly and make sure there is no residue after showering from shampoo/conditioner.
I have not changed any of the hair products I have used, only this.
This is a hard pass for me. I would never recommend this to someone with a sensitive scalp, or prone to clogged pores/breakouts

Very average conditioner. Used it paired up with the matching shampoo and could not detect any particular effect. I have noticed that my thin long hair was lacking volume and bounce.

on 2/29/2016 5:13:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

Delivers volume and body, but makes my hair dry, which is pretty typical for volumizing shampoos/conditioners. Didn't care for the scent, but liked the pump dispenser. I used this with Andalou Natural's volumizing shampoo and it detangled fairly well, but just wasn't anything special.

on 5/9/2014 8:45:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

This is a review of Joico Body Luxe Volumizing Conditioner.

Pros:
It makes my hair shine more
It makes my hair look more healthy
It makes it easyer to comb out
A little goes a long way

Cons:
None.

on 12/24/2012 12:31:00 PM

By far, this was a very bad experience, and the first hair product I returned.
It did give an amazing volume to my hair, which I loved, but not very good conditioning. After three hours of having used it, my scalp was burning and turning red and that lasted for several hours! I thought I'd lose my hair from the pain!
The packaging was good --I loved the pump.
If it wasn't for the reaction, I would keep on using, but I also spoke to my hair dresser and he said that Joico products tend to be harsher than others and it's not uncommon to cause rashes.

on 8/9/2012 2:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this at the ULTA liter sale along with the SHampoo. I was looking for something the gave body to my fine, shoulder length hair, which it did give me some but also caused a lot of breakage. After shampooing it left a film on my hair that I thought the conditioner would help but was still there after using the conditioner. It was hard to comb through before blowing out my hair and I felt it took extra time to get it dry as well. For me neither the shampoo or conditioner worked for what I wanted, but I do have to say the conditioner is a lot better than the shampoo. I returned after using for 3 weeks.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Joico works fabulously with my hair- and I wash my hair everyday. Voluminous Victoria Secret like hair is always my goal and this gets me pretty close. Hair does feel thicker, healthy and moisturized. Good value in the large bottles and lasts me about 3 months.

on 10/21/2011 2:19:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I am very happy with this conditioner. I have very fine, reasonably long hair. My scalp is oily, but the ends are quite dry. This is not a very moisturizing conditioner. It softens my hair and it does add some moisture, but I don't think it would be sufficient for dry to very dry hair. However, only my ends are dry, so this is not really a problem for me. I really like this conditioner because I feel that it really does thicken my hair (albeit temporarily). My hair is very fine and I love the feel of my hair after I've used this conditioner. It feels fuller and it definitely has some more volume. I am also in love with the way this conditioner feels when it's being applied, it reminds me of how my hair feels when the hairdresser washes and conditions it, very creamy and soft and the smell is really nice too, not the chemical banana smell of the K Pak line. I would probably repurchase, even though it is quite expensive and I have to order it online since it's not available in my area.

Update 2/12/2012: I changed my rating from 4 to 5 lippies. This conditioner is my absolute favourite. I recently ran out of it and switched to the Redken Body Full conditioner because Joico is hard to come by in my country. Oh, how I miss my Joico conditioner. It really made my hair feel thicker and fuller, but it also moisturizes. It never leaves my hair feeling dry and my hair looks shiny, full and smooth. This conditioner really made a difference for my hair and now that I switched to another conditioner, I realize how much this conditioner changed the look of my hair. Will definitely buy this conditoner again.

Update 03/11/2013: I have recently repurchased this conditioner and noticed that it has been reformulated. I was a bit hesitant to start using it (I wasn't aware of the reformulation when I ordered it), as I loved the previous formulation so much. Fortunately, I wasn't disappointed. This is the only conditioner I have used that actually makes my hair look and feel fuller. I have never used this conditioner in conjunction with the Body Luxe shampoo, so I don't know how those two work together.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

I got this conditioner (as well as the shampoo...boooo!) at a liter sale at Beauty Brands. I was looking for a Shampoo/Conditioner that would help provide some body to my fine shoulder length hair without stripping my fragile damaged ends. I love the look of the bottles, the metallic green bottles are very pretty and the pump top is fantastic, I hate liter bottles with flip tops, such a disaster in the shower for me and my uncoordinated self! The shampoo in this same line was a hot mess, but the conditioner works well with other shampoos and does not weigh my hair down and while I do not think it adds any body, it smells great (triggers some happy feeling for me, not sure where I have encountered the smell before, but it is nice) and does a good job de-tangling my hair, so as far as it goes it is a decent conditioner. It does not leave my hair feeling either moisturized or dry, sort of in a neutral state. I think I need more moisture than this provides for my brittle ends and am ready to give up my elusive dream of a bodifying conditioner that moisturizes. I just do not think it exists and I am tired of spending money looking for it. I would not buy this again, even though it is not a complete failure, I have other conditioners that help my hair more, and will rely on styling to impart body. Or clip in extensions! desperate times call for desperate measures!