Guerlain Bois d Armenie

Guerlain Bois d Armenie
Bois d Armenie

4.3

on 1/26/2010 12:25:00 PM

I know a fragrance approaches HG status when I inhale its scent, close my eyes with contentment while simultaneously being transported to a blissful state. Not many scents can do this for me. Cuir Beluga is one, Bois d'Armenie is another.

Part of the L'Art et la Matiere line, this fragrance opens quite reminiscent of Cuir Beluga--benzoin and creamy vanilla, with no sharp edges. As it develops, I detect light smoke, incense, sweet woods and a hint of patchouli--soft, subtle, etherial, comforting. The scent only improves and becomes achingly beautiful the longer it is on my skin.

The drydown is the BEST close-to-the-skin scent I have ever encountered. It is my favorite part of the experience.

on 12/23/2009 8:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

One of my favorite scents. This is a beautiful incense fragrance with a 24 dry down (if you can wear the same shirt that long!) Love it.

on 7/8/2008 2:31:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Starts with a spike of coriander and iris, settles into a drydown of rich spiced play-doh. Very Guerlainesque and sophisticated, but not really for me--coriander is always a deal-breaker for me, and though I like benzoin, this much of it is too much.

on 3/3/2008 3:31:00 AM

Im glad I'm not the only one who's chemistry has betrayed her. I had really high hopes for this one but I could not scrub it off fast enough. I even applied it twice to make sure. It was worse the second time. On me, this smelled "sickly sweet" as another reviewer very aptly described below. It was like burning plastic. I am bummed this did not work on me but I guess my wallet thanks me.

on 11/29/2007 1:55:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I LOVE this (rather obscure) Guerlain scent. I discovered it originally on the fragrance board through doing a split. This is a classy, smokey, woody, sultry and most important for me....NOT sweet....exquistely blended Eau de P. The dry down is close to the skin, sexy, soft and subtle....and while it retains enough oomph to wear on its own, it also makes a great, relatively affordable layering partner for my regular, way too pricey pure parfums, mainly CC#1 and sometimes Mitsouko or Shalimar. Definitely will continue buying this as part of my permanent fragrance collection.

Expensive but perhaps the "smoothest" scent I've experienced in a long time. Barely woodsy, slightly vanilla, bare whispers of light floral, all supported by a gentle dry incense-like base. Nothing sharp, nothing too smoky, nothing sour plus decent lasting power on me (at least 4 to 5 hours). I could sniff this all day. Perhaps one of the few fragrances worth the dollars!

Popular Fragrances