Guerlain Bois d Armenie

Bois d Armenie

4.2

on 7/22/2010 10:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Musty, dusty, papery, sweet, spicey, and smoky. I love it!

on 12/23/2009 8:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

One of my favorite scents. This is a beautiful incense fragrance with a 24 dry down (if you can wear the same shirt that long!) Love it.

on 4/12/2009 10:33:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Lucky me to not get sickly sweet or burning plastic. This is my new favorite: Incense smoke, wood, paper, sheer patchouli thatís barely there. Almost gourmand in a wood-and-French-egg-vanilla-smoke way. Heavy on the benzoin. I love it. I'm looking for more. EDIT: Talked my DH into buying me this at the Epcot Florida boutique. It will be a birthday present, because of the expense, but I'm so excited! loving my little decant, I'm very happy that the full bottle is in my future! (yes, he's making me wait. sigh.)

on 3/3/2008 3:31:00 AM

Im glad I'm not the only one who's chemistry has betrayed her. I had really high hopes for this one but I could not scrub it off fast enough. I even applied it twice to make sure. It was worse the second time. On me, this smelled "sickly sweet" as another reviewer very aptly described below. It was like burning plastic. I am bummed this did not work on me but I guess my wallet thanks me.

on 2/19/2008 8:35:00 AM

Words are wholly inadequate to describe the beauty of this magnificent perfume. I've actually put off writing this review, because I'm consumed with the recognition that my words cannot adequately capture its exquisite beauty, but here goes..... On me, BdA begins with notes of elegant patchouli (this is *not* headshop patch by any stretch of the imagination) and delicate smoke. A few minutes later, a light powdery essence emerges (if you're looking for Teint de Neige-strength powder, you won't find it here), along with a demure rose. I'm also picking up the cool whispers of iris. The drydown is completed by a snuggly combination of a gentle, elegant soft musk and a somewhat sweet woodsy essence (sandalwood or wenge, I'm not sure which). This is an elegant fragrance that moves effortlessly from day to night, from workweek to weekend, from wool to cashmere to silk. It is a true HG for me, and a scent I reach for over and over again, no matter my mood or the weather. It just makes me feel wonderful when I wear it. There are pricey perfumes that I will probably never re-purchase, but Bois d'Armenie is the best $200 I've ever spent, and I will gladly spend it again when this bottle runs dry.

My favorite thus far from the L'Art et la Matiere collection! A nice warm, spicy envelope that doesn't overpower. I feel this fragrance is as close to the old school Guerlains that modern perfumery will allow and I love it and will repurchase over and over!

on 10/25/2007 8:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

My initial introduction to the world of Guerlain was not on a good note..starting with Jicky and Shalimar:( But... Bois d Armenie and a couple others have completely changed my mind!
Bois d Armenie is an exotic, close to the skin scent on me that is slightly sweet,wood, smokey, sultry...very well blended for this amateur to detect individual notes! This scent is definitely in my top 10!!

on 10/22/2007 12:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Does anyone know where I can buy this in the US or at least buy a sample of it? The reviews have me drooling to try this!

on 10/13/2007 5:20:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I'll begin by saying that I've got an odd chemistry that enhances the sweetness of anything I wear. If something has an element of leather, I get Ivory Soap. Smoke and Incense? Goes very thin and sickly sweet smoke on me (like weed, I suppose). So, with that said, I'll give my .02 of Bois d'Armenie. I received a sample of this from a most wonderful and sweet swapper (thank you, Jill!) and was very honored to see it included. I had very high hopes that this might become HG for me, and at the same time I sort of hoped it wouldn't, since it is a bit dear. But still, if you could find The One you had searched for, and The One that satisfied heart and soul and nose like no other, wouldn't that be a bargain at any price? Yeah. It would to me, too.

Bois d'Armenie opens on my skin with an accord that is similar to Habit Rouge, Vol de Nuit, Shalimar, Jicky, etc - that Guerlinade thing. Very pleasant, very distinctive, a sort of dry incensy-leathery-soapy quality. Soon after drydown the faintest curl of very beautiful smoke rises, like sweet grasses burning more than like wood fire. And then comes the benzoin. Now, some 2 hours after application, I am left with a vanillic-Guerlinade scent, very pretty, very quiet. And sadly, on my skin, very unremarkable.

Objectively I can state that this is a gorgeous scent, smooth, gentle, classic and elegant, would be amazing to nuzzle into on someone else, and is equally amazing to nuzzle into on oneself. Sort of the equivalent to a pair of flannel-backed satin pajamas in a deep chocolate brown with cream fleur de lis printed all over. If you are a Guerlain afficionada, or a lover of sophisticated vanillas, then this could be The One for you.

Popular Fragrances