MAC 15-PAN

15-PAN

4.7

on 3/14/2011 6:53:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I only have one at the moment, but looking forward to getting my next one as I've almost filled up my first one. The palette is nice and slim and I haven't had any troubles with it so far. I don't mind there not being a mirror as it looks more professional without one in my opinion though I wish it had more than 15 slots which I know you can take the insert out, but I think it looks less organised. I also wish the magnets were in the palette like the Stila ones rather than on the eyeshadow pans.

Overall, it does what it's suppose to do and I shall keep purchasing them, I just have some personal preferences.

on 11/15/2009 3:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I have two of these palettes. One for my neutrals and one for my brights. These palettes are so handy, because you can depot all your shadows, and can carry them around without having to truck around little pots. I've also depotted my Smashbox and Urban Decay shadows to fit into these babies. If you want more room, there are tons of tutorials on how to take the little grid out so that you can fit up to 26 shadows in one palette! And placing shadows in palettes definitely frees up room!

on 5/17/2009 6:44:00 PM

So compact and handy

on 4/29/2009 11:03:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

if youre going to be building up a collection and buying a lot of shadows you need to buy these palettes and buy the refill pans. i buy mine at the freestanding MAC store at the mall by me. the refill pans are only $11 compared to the $14.50 for the pots. this palette was only $12! great deal. i need these for organization and it's easier to find your shadows this way.

on 3/23/2008 9:01:00 AM

This pallete is great for keeping all my eyeshadows organized. I have one spot left for my concealor but I think I'll leave that out since the material is only plastic and not cushioned, and my eyeshadows could definately break really easily (hence I took one lippie off). I would definately buy again though. What a hassle to depot though, even with the makeup addict website.

on 7/6/2006 3:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

OMG I finally caved and bought this, thinking I'll fill it with new pans I purchase. Well, my OCD took over and I depotted all my existing eyeshadow pans and organized them here. Awesome!!!! I feel like a professional makeup artist.

On depotting: This takes practice. I was not able to successfully depot (without breaking the shadow) until my 3rd try. These are my words of advice.

For MAC. First separate the pan holder from what I'll call the pot. Open the shadow. Where the hinge is slipin a flat head screwdiver and twist until it pops off. Then take a lighter and hold a lit flame under the pan holder part until you see the plastic melt a bit. Then use the screwdriver head to gently push through the pan in the melted part. I find twisting with moderate pressure is the best. I took the time to wipe down all the glue before I put them in the pallate.

For Milani. Remove the back label. There is a pinhole through which a tack or I used a nail can be used to push the pan through. Also good to wipe down glue.

Thanks to all those MUA's who gave detailed instructions on their successes and failures for their information. Without this site, I did not even know about pallettes and depotting.

Some last words, E.L.F. (eyeslipsface.com) has amazing 4-pan pallettes for $1. Way nicer than MAC's for $3.50. For when you don't want to travel with the 15 pan.

on 6/8/2003 1:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

For $12.50, this is the best ,makeup accessory I own. This is the perfect way to keep all of your MAC eyeshadows in one location. No more digging around for that color you know you saw somewhere the other day. They are all right there in this awesome slim palette. You can line up the colors by family or mix and match to come up with new color combinations. Additionally, this is the best for travel! No more bulky makeup bags filled with eyeshadow, just take this. Luckily, my city has a MAC store and as soon as I make it over that way I will purchasing another 15-pan.

on 6/18/2002 3:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I absolutely love having 15 shadows in one easy lightweight palette. It is so much fun to mix and match shades. At $12, you can't go wrong! I am so organized I wish all my MAC shadows were in pan form! Having a clear top would make things easier to find. And having a mirror is nice too, but overall I am very happy with this palette and think everyone should have one. Lots of other brands fit in here as well! What a great product!

on 4/20/2002 12:39:00 PM

These are GREAT! For 12.50 you can put 15 of your favorite shadows in one palette, which seriously cuts down on your makeup drawer clutter. (Believe me, I know, I filled up two of these - check my profile pics!) I also like how they fit other shadows - in my case, Jane and Urban Decay as well as the MAC pans. Love it! My only complaint is that there isn't a brush holder, but I can overlook that :)