MAC 15-PAN

15-PAN

4.7

on 3/3/2017 11:43:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

And 10 years later, I've returned to update this review (oops). If I may, I'd like to take a moment to roast myself for committing a crime against the reviews that are actually helpful yet end up being buried underneath ridiculous reviews like the I one I originally submitted. Not only was it probably a fake, I didn't even have it in my possession at the time of the review! That's like a cardinal sin on the makeup board and reviews like that irritate me to this day.

So obviously a long time has passed now and much has changed for the better, including this basic yet invaluable tool. The husband is now my ex and finally out of my life (hallelujah), I would NEVER buy makeup or tools like brushes and palettes off eBay and MAC finally swapped out the solid black lid for a clear plastic one. Does anyone else remember the days when you had to label your palettes because you didn't know which was which otherwise?

This is still a fantastic tool many use to organize and protect our eyeshadows, blushes and whatever else you fit in it. It used to be that you only had two options if you wanted an insert for your palette: the 6 pan blush insert or the OG 15 eyeshadow pan insert. Recently, MAC added a handful of new inserts as well as different sizes of palettes for our organizing pleasure. Of course I'm not saying you NEED any insert, many people depot everything they can and forgoing the insert allows them to fit more into a single palette like the oddly sized and/or shaped pans. As for me, the inserts are a necessity and it's what i use in my two palettes. They separate each pan and hold it securely which helps to keep my palettes from looking like a thrown together collection.

Which is good.

Because they were.

Don't judge, I'm sure I wasn't the one who stocked up when MAC dropped the price of the eyeshadow pans :)

If I have to be pressed to find fault with my palettes, it's that the clear cover WILL get scratched and look cloudy with regular use. I don't doubt that there are people that take superb care or their palettes and my props to you. This 'issue' if it even can be considered one would not turn me off from the product. Repurchasing has already been repeated multiple times and should be expected in the future as I am always adding to my collection.

Imagine how happy you'd make a teen daughter if you gave her one of these palettes partially filled or fully stocked as an introduction in makeup. It really is a classic staple for anyone, from the makeup connoisseur to those just being introduced to all things cosmetic.

Original 2007 Post: I have been reading so much about depotting eyeshadows and putting them in a palette so I thought I had to jump on the bandwagon! Believe it or not, my husband actually bought mine for me off of Ebay (so willing to spend a couple of dollars for one since I am no where near a MAC store) and I can't wait to fill it up. I can definitely see how this makes it easier. It is sort of a pain to have to reach and fish for an eyeshadow. Makeup is not a carnival game LOL. I'll come back later when I receive it!

on 3/15/2012 10:26:00 PM

expensive for a basic palette, but excellent quality, you get what you pay for... once you depot your MAC shadows this baby will pay for itself in sleek storage. easy to pop into your bag and/or great for travel. also can put other shadows in here (pan has to be same size). Also can pop off the divider and make even more room for pans

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Love love love. I pop out the top so I can fit more shadows. I have Mac refills/singles, nyx singles and urban decay eyeshadows in my current palette. Def would repurchase more.

on 6/26/2011 7:45:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I finally finished filling my 15 pan palette (with Paradisco - a new favorite) and I must say I love to just sit back and look at all the gorgeous colours! I'm glad I bought this palette and would recommend it to anyone. Only one colour mistake (Cranberry looks hideous on me), which I think are pretty good odds considering the shades were all purchased online. My only con is that it gets so dirty. A makeup wipe does a great job of cleaning and it's back to being as good as new! I would definitely repurchase...but I'm hoping that this will be enough eye shadows to last me for awhile. ;-)

on 3/14/2011 6:53:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I only have one at the moment, but looking forward to getting my next one as I've almost filled up my first one. The palette is nice and slim and I haven't had any troubles with it so far. I don't mind there not being a mirror as it looks more professional without one in my opinion though I wish it had more than 15 slots which I know you can take the insert out, but I think it looks less organised. I also wish the magnets were in the palette like the Stila ones rather than on the eyeshadow pans.

Overall, it does what it's suppose to do and I shall keep purchasing them, I just have some personal preferences.

on 11/12/2010 10:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love my MAC 15-pans. I've filled up 3, and have enough shadows for a 4th one, which I need to pick up ASAP. With so many shadows, the only solution is 15-pans. At first I was hesitant, thinking they would be too large and cumbersome to use on a daily basis, but I've become a pro at handling them (pardon the pun). They're super sleek and thin, which is a very important consideration for me. I don't mind that they don't have a mirror - when I travel I swap a few shades into quads. The only issue is that you can't see the shades inside - I've solved this by putting a tiny sticker on each one, in the colour of the shadows inside. this makes it a breeze to find the palette I want, and they're all there, easy to find and easy to use. I can't live without my pro palettes! And don't forget about all the B2M's from depotting the shadows :) Just remember, the bottom of the palette is metal, so you will need magnets on the shadow pans. This is opposite of some others, such as Stila, where the palette is magnetic and the pans are metal.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I love this palette, I love having all my shadows togethere so i dont have to be searching through my stash each time i need a certain shadow. I subtracted 2 lippies. 1 for not having a mirror, which i think it would be easier and more convinient for it to have a mirror for travel, and the second lippie for how it doesnt open up ill the way, i wish it did because i already know im gonna end up breaking it one day. Though im not completely satisfied, i will buy this again only because its a better choice than having to waste 5 minutes looking for a eyeshadow.

on 5/30/2010 8:04:00 AM

Love love LOVE this! so easy for carrying around MAC eyeshadows. Wish it were a little more universal, but if you love your MAC shadows, it is streamlined, strong, light and easy to carry around. A million times better than carrying around the shadows seperately. Reasonably priced, a must-have item for makeup artists

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

These palettes really helped me streamline and organize my collection! I had about 22 shadows lying around in pots, and digging through them to find the right color was starting to get a little annoying. I got a couple of these palettes and had myself a little depotting session. :) I find that depotting is incredibly therapeutic and calming, by the way--is that weird? Anyways, these palettes really helped me organize and sleek-ify my collection. Will buy more of these when the time comes. :)

Love it!!! Feels very professional, great to have your eyeshadows in one place, wherever you take it. I love rearranging them and getting them perfect. Also a huge timesaver: Think about how long it takes to find each little compact or even quad, two hands to open it, use it, close it, find the next one...