MAC 15-PAN

15-PAN

4.8

on 5/13/2017 11:49:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have really been out of the loop of all things MAC for many years. I have the current palettes as well as the old school solid cases and all sorts of zpalettes, you name it. I like MAC though because they seem the most sturdy and budget friendly. (My goal is to get my go-to makeup condensed into one duo palette. 😭)

Our housekeeper threw out all my inserts so I recently went to the MAC site to purchase more. I was pleasantly surprised to see they have new (to me) inserts, the prices have dropped and now you can squeeze 18 pans into one palette. Its pretty great that you can mix and match between shadows and blushes without having to juggle multiple palettes. I always felt that depotting blushes into a lone palette made them all mlre fragile.

That said, and I have googled this and found nothing, it seems like Urban Decay (and coastal scents) single shadows don't fit anymore! That is a real shame... i loved having everything in one place, secure with inserts. This kind of forces me into having a freestyle palette whether or not I want to. I tried forcing them in with no luck. (Please DM me if you have any insight!)

All and all, good deal, love it. Wish more pans/brands still fit! But I will work with it.

on 1/6/2012 2:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought one a while ago when on a trip to London, each palette refill is about 11.50 which compared to 14 for a regular eyeshadow, you're saving so much more by buying the palette and the refills. The palettes are about 15, which is steep, but by buying the refills, you'll have got your moneys worth back from not buying the regulare eyeshadows, so it is worth it! I've already completed my first Mac palette, and already thinking of buying another 2, and possibly de-potting my eyeshadows into a palette and using the old packaging for Back 2 Mac :)

on 6/24/2011 10:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This palette is great if you pop out the 15 pan plastic insert out of it. You can put a lot more pans of various shapes and sizes that way. It's all black and looks pretty good. It makes a great palette to keep at home/storage. With that said, I would never take this traveling because it's a bit on the flimsy side as far as traveling goes. However, if you're just keeping this on the vanity it's fine.

I took a lippie off because it would be great if it had a clear top so you can see your colors. Also, while it's not terribly expensive, it probably costs them 20 cents each to make one, so part of the one lippie off is for the crazy retail markup on this. I would buy this again when I run out of room on my other 2 palettes, but I don't think I'd travel with it.

on 5/14/2011 8:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Love these! They make eyeshadow storage a breeze. WILL REPURCHASE!

on 11/12/2010 10:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love my MAC 15-pans. I've filled up 3, and have enough shadows for a 4th one, which I need to pick up ASAP. With so many shadows, the only solution is 15-pans. At first I was hesitant, thinking they would be too large and cumbersome to use on a daily basis, but I've become a pro at handling them (pardon the pun). They're super sleek and thin, which is a very important consideration for me. I don't mind that they don't have a mirror - when I travel I swap a few shades into quads. The only issue is that you can't see the shades inside - I've solved this by putting a tiny sticker on each one, in the colour of the shadows inside. this makes it a breeze to find the palette I want, and they're all there, easy to find and easy to use. I can't live without my pro palettes! And don't forget about all the B2M's from depotting the shadows :) Just remember, the bottom of the palette is metal, so you will need magnets on the shadow pans. This is opposite of some others, such as Stila, where the palette is magnetic and the pans are metal.

Overall: 4 Price: 4 Packaging Quality: 2 Buy Again? Yes. When you buy MAC shadows in tha pan form, it costs $11US as opposed to $15 for tha individual pot. Tha pallete itself costs $14 or $15 I believe. My first one seperated because tha hinge broke & tha latch broke aswell which is very disappointing. I also think it should come with a mirror. I think I will glue one on myself. Despite it's flaws, I will be a user because I like my shadows in a pallette & it saves you some paper in tha long run. I also love that MAC doesn't animal test...

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love these and could not live without them. It makes my collection so much more organized. It makes it so much easier to not have to rummage through a bunch of eyeshadows when I am doing my makeup. Also makes my collection more compact and takes up a lot less space. I just wish that the MAC counters would sell them.

on 3/24/2010 7:14:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

i love these... i have filled 5 of them and am working on my 6th =) i seperate mine by color ( neutral , blues, greens, pinks + purples, smokey) i also have a palette i got from coast scents which is a small, chubbier version but the CS one is NOT magnetic so i put magents on some pressed pigment pans and used the CS ones for pressed pigments

i will keep buying these forever and ever =) i use a dvd rack that i got at walmart to store the palettes

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

These palettes really helped me streamline and organize my collection! I had about 22 shadows lying around in pots, and digging through them to find the right color was starting to get a little annoying. I got a couple of these palettes and had myself a little depotting session. :) I find that depotting is incredibly therapeutic and calming, by the way--is that weird? Anyways, these palettes really helped me organize and sleek-ify my collection. Will buy more of these when the time comes. :)

on 3/7/2010 8:36:00 PM

i love this. i have 2 of these because i have a lot of eyeshadows and its a great way to sort them. i love how i dont have to look through my eyeshadows for the right one, theyre all in the same place. its so convenient. this is one of macs products that i definately cannot live without!