MAC 15-PAN

4.7

on 8/28/2012 11:20:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

One of the most useful beauty items I've ever purchased, I don't know what I would do without it... It would be nearly impossible to organize my MAC eyeshadows. It's sleek, practical and reasonably priced. Love!

on 12/10/2009 8:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a great place to keep your eyeshadows together and organized. However, one of my palettes broke at the clasp after a year of use.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Love the MAC 15 pans! A cute, handy way to keep your shadows organized while still looking professional. I was using nothing but 4 pans for years & decided to switch over to 15 pans about 2 years ago; sooo happy I did. If you remove the plastic insert, you can fit at least 5-6 more eyeshadows which is nice when you need a little more room after B2M'ing ;)

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

love it, great for organizing shadows. for those that complain that it doesnt have a mirror/brush holder, thats because its not meant to be carried around in your purse!

on 2/27/2009 4:02:00 PM

I SWORE that I would never depot... but... then... ugh.... I totally caved!

Well innitially I just wanted to create a palette of neutral/everyday shadows that I intended to buy in pan form slowly over time... but I got anxious looking at an empty palette with only four shadows in it so I decided one or two of my earlier shadows would work well in the palette... and then some more...and then some more...

NOW I have TWO palettes full (one neutral and one pinks/purples) both depots and propans, and I couldn't be happier.

I still keep some LE packaging and a few colours that I had already hit pan on and was afraid to break in the depotting process....

My depotting technique:
I have NEVER broken a shadow during this procedure, and only ripped one label and that was before I perfected my technique.
All you need are the right tools:
A $2 eyeglass repair kit from any drugstore. (this is the secret weapon!)
A candle
A fridge magnet(cut into tiny pieces), like a pizza advertisment or some such...

So I use the mini flat head screw driver that comes with the eyeglass kit to pop off the top pan section from the pot part of the MAC container by sticking it into the seam at the front in the latch part.
I hold the back of the shadow above the flame of the candle until is it a little "sweaty" with condensation and then I put the shadow face down on the table and press the screw driver into the melty back of the pan until the metal pan comes out of it.
It will still be gluey and sticky so I attach a tiny magnet to it then and put it aside.
Next I take the "pot" part of the container and put the sticker/label side above the flame.
After a few seconds, the sticker will begin to seperate from the plastic and it will be easily pulled off.
It too will still be sticky so I put it directly ontop of the magnet on the back of the shadow metal pan.
I press down to make sure the label is properly stuck to the pan and VOILA!

on 2/15/2009 4:19:00 PM

This opened up a lot of space that I needed lolz.
I love how it's magnetic so I could re-arrange when I needed it.
Great buy. Will recommend to all my friends.
It's quite slim too so even if you stacked it, it doesn't take up a lot of space :)

I can really say that i have NEVER made a smarter cosmetic purchase before! In the past my many shadows were just laying in their drawer, in no order at all - causing me to use just a few of them.

But now that i have them all sorted into pallets, i am using (and combining) colors that i didn't even remember i had! Of course as a result my eye looks are better than ever.

Its even a point of pride to look at all your pallets, organized by color or finish, or brand (since there are many besides MAC that actually fit). Because the shadows are only attached by a magnet, it is also i a lot of fun to rearrange the colors to your hearts content.

So even if you think your collection doesn't require a pallet (i didn't think mine did), i urge you to give this a try. Seeing all your shadows together will revolutionize the way you do your eyes!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Absolutely love this. I had never thought of using a candle to de-pot my shadows until Yunity suggested it (good idea - I had been nearly burning my fingers with a lighter until I decided to give the candle a try!). One thing - be sure to do your de-potting outside on the patio. The burnt plastic reeks like no one's business (you can tell you are ready to stick the screwdriver in when the plastic starts to reek).

I went to my local Michael's crafts to get magnets to stick on the backs of the pans, I found the best solution was something that I didn't even know EXISTED...magnetic tape! It's next to all the other magnets but is super-thin and comes on a roll (like Scotch tape) that you can easily tear pieces off. Far, far better than using heavy bulky magnets and having to glue them on.

on 6/26/2003 10:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

holds e/s nicely and makes everything look more expensive, even if they are cheap e/s! i love paletting :)

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Cool

This is the best palette for the price, it is cheap but looks chic and expensive. You can put all of your jane eyezing in here to make them look posh (or pretend to your friends they are mac lol!) also fits urban decay e/s and many others. It is a good way to save space and even my boyfriend commented that it was a good idea (untill i got melted plastic all over his expensive screwdriver hahaha!) This would be better with a mirror but you can always buy one from a craft store and stick it in the lid as i am thinking about doing. would definitely go and buy 10 more if i had access to them.