MAC 15-PAN

15-PAN

4.8

on 5/13/2017 11:49:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have really been out of the loop of all things MAC for many years. I have the current palettes as well as the old school solid cases and all sorts of zpalettes, you name it. I like MAC though because they seem the most sturdy and budget friendly. (My goal is to get my go-to makeup condensed into one duo palette. 😭)

Our housekeeper threw out all my inserts so I recently went to the MAC site to purchase more. I was pleasantly surprised to see they have new (to me) inserts, the prices have dropped and now you can squeeze 18 pans into one palette. Its pretty great that you can mix and match between shadows and blushes without having to juggle multiple palettes. I always felt that depotting blushes into a lone palette made them all mlre fragile.

That said, and I have googled this and found nothing, it seems like Urban Decay (and coastal scents) single shadows don't fit anymore! That is a real shame... i loved having everything in one place, secure with inserts. This kind of forces me into having a freestyle palette whether or not I want to. I tried forcing them in with no luck. (Please DM me if you have any insight!)

All and all, good deal, love it. Wish more pans/brands still fit! But I will work with it.

on 1/6/2012 2:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought one a while ago when on a trip to London, each palette refill is about 11.50 which compared to 14 for a regular eyeshadow, you're saving so much more by buying the palette and the refills. The palettes are about 15, which is steep, but by buying the refills, you'll have got your moneys worth back from not buying the regulare eyeshadows, so it is worth it! I've already completed my first Mac palette, and already thinking of buying another 2, and possibly de-potting my eyeshadows into a palette and using the old packaging for Back 2 Mac :)

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

These palettes really helped me streamline and organize my collection! I had about 22 shadows lying around in pots, and digging through them to find the right color was starting to get a little annoying. I got a couple of these palettes and had myself a little depotting session. :) I find that depotting is incredibly therapeutic and calming, by the way--is that weird? Anyways, these palettes really helped me organize and sleek-ify my collection. Will buy more of these when the time comes. :)

on 1/18/2010 11:02:00 PM

really sleek and pretty looking. it's easy to decorate to identify what colors you have. i bought one to save money on eyeshadows because the pan refils are cheaper, but when i got my palette i got so excited that i depotted my quads and ended up filling it up.. so i'll either have to remove the dividers to fit more or buy another one which kind of defeats the purpose of saving money with the palette haha. it's nice though!

on 5/20/2009 11:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was so happy when I saw this on the canadian mac website. I kept thinking of getting the coastal scents palettes, but in the back of my mind hoping that I would somehow get the mac one. And I much preferred the mac one. I finally got it, and love it. I don't have any shadows in it yet because I have three mac pans and they are in my 4 pan palette, but I hope to start collecting soon.

on 5/17/2009 6:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

So compact. So handy. So wonderful. These magnetic trays are the best thing since sliced bread! They are great for keeping all your Mac, Nyx, and Milani shadows together. Just depot them, stick a magnet on the back, and pop them in the palette. I am so blessed to have a Mac store in my city so I can get them when I need another. I wish the Mac counter will sell them as well. I also really like that they are stackable.

on 3/21/2009 8:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I absolutely ADORE these palettes.

So many different types of eyeshadows fit within this palette, and it just sooooo convenient and easy to store. For the quality of this palette I will be definitely buying more.

They are an amazing investment. Especially since I have bought many other types of makeup palates that fit MAC shadows and they aren't nearly as great of quality. In these ones I never have to worry about the eyeshadows falling out.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I love these perfect for storing, If I am traveling I just used the 4 Pan with everyday colors I can wear. Love these.

I have two of these so far and they've saved me so much space and time looking for all the eyeshadows I want to use. I love the sleek design. Depotting eyeshadows from their pots can be a bit of a hassle (I broke about 4 at the sides depotting), but it's worth it.

on 2/8/2008 5:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Just bought my second palette! Because I live in Portugal and they dont sell these here I have to buy online. I use Ebay. It gets a little more expensive with the postage but thats really the only way.
My first pallette was $30 and the second $22. But just beware of fakes.
I just love to depot my e/s and put them in these lovely palettes! It has tons of pros: saves space, saves time (no more finding thecolour you want in the midlle of tons of pots), also if you depot you end up with emptys for B2M.

The only con I see is the fact that depotting may a little bit risky. You really need to be patient and carefull not to chip the lovely pan.
You can always just buy pro pan, but off course you dont get the pot and also the pro pan dosen't come with the sticker that I love to remove and glue to the inside of the pan!