MAC 15-PAN

MAC 15-PAN
15-PAN

4.8

on 3/20/2009 10:24:00 AM

This refillable compact is simple, sleek, and slim. It has a flat black plastic exterior with MAC logo on the top. Unfortunately, there is no mirror or well for storing a brush. Overall, the palette is the same size as MAC's refillable 6-pan (blush) palettes, just with a different insert for holding 15 pans. Perfect for gals who like to depot and/or mix and match colors.

The palette itself is magnetized. Holds pans up to 26mm in diameter, such as:

Smashbox eyeshadow singles

Studio Makeup / Studio Gear

Urban Decay Eye Shadow

Wet 'n' Wild

-->See snickersforsnuggle's notepad (click here) for a more complete listing. (You may have to click on "continued" to get the hyperlink to work.) continued >>

I own several of these babies and I can't wait to fill more. I don't want a clear lid though. I like the case. I did however drop on and broke the hinge. I was able to use it as a B2M item. I have a few Bonne Belle shadows that also fit the case.

Everyone covered the basics on this so I'm just adding a thumbs up for fun.

EDIT 5/15/07 I just learned to Depot (so easy) and now I'm really in trouble. LOL

on 3/22/2007 2:34:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I finally got my hands on one of these, as well as the 4 pan, and can't wait to get organized. I just recently had a strong lemming for this when I realized that E.L.F. and MAC are exactly the same size. I love to customize palettes and loved doing that with Stila but Stila's not available in Manila, and the palettes are so expensive. So, for others who want blushes and glosses in their MAC pans, buy the E.L.F. custom refills. E.L.F. blushes are incredibly pigmented, and only $1, so how can you go wrong? Love, Love, Love!

on 7/6/2006 3:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

OMG I finally caved and bought this, thinking I'll fill it with new pans I purchase. Well, my OCD took over and I depotted all my existing eyeshadow pans and organized them here. Awesome!!!! I feel like a professional makeup artist.

On depotting: This takes practice. I was not able to successfully depot (without breaking the shadow) until my 3rd try. These are my words of advice.

For MAC. First separate the pan holder from what I'll call the pot. Open the shadow. Where the hinge is slipin a flat head screwdiver and twist until it pops off. Then take a lighter and hold a lit flame under the pan holder part until you see the plastic melt a bit. Then use the screwdriver head to gently push through the pan in the melted part. I find twisting with moderate pressure is the best. I took the time to wipe down all the glue before I put them in the pallate.

For Milani. Remove the back label. There is a pinhole through which a tack or I used a nail can be used to push the pan through. Also good to wipe down glue.

Thanks to all those MUA's who gave detailed instructions on their successes and failures for their information. Without this site, I did not even know about pallettes and depotting.

Some last words, E.L.F. (eyeslipsface.com) has amazing 4-pan pallettes for $1. Way nicer than MAC's for $3.50. For when you don't want to travel with the 15 pan.

My husband is the world's best depotter! He depotted 15 of my MAC e/s forme when I got my first 15 pan. :)

I love these palettes. Makes toting my e/s much easier. Streamline is great! :)

The perfect palette---sleek, slim, sturdy, and no-nonsense. No frills, just a place to store your little round treasures. Perfectly fits several popular brands (MAC, Jane, etc) and takes up much less space than 15 pots. Stackable and stores away unobtrusively in a drawer. The little locking catch that pops it open is a nice addition too, though it's not totally necessary, because I have one with a broken latch and it stays shut just fine. These also work well as lipstick palettes!

on 10/4/2003 7:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

This makes putting on e/s so much easier. You just flip open the palette instead of digging through your makeup case. Thanks to all of you for giving me direction on how to depot the e/s - all of them survived the process!

on 1/16/2003 7:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I just wish we could still order this on the website. I love love love that I can keep all my shadows in one place. The only way to improve this would be to add a mirror, but that would add to the price too. You need to buy this so you have an excuse to fill it up!