mark. Lemon Sugar

Filtered by skin type : Normal
mark. Lemon Sugar
Lemon Sugar

4.2

I normally love lemon scents, with Pacifica's Malibu Lemon Blossom and Fresh Sugar being my 2 favorites. I thought, based on all the positive reviews, that I would love this, too. But I don't like it at all. It's not really fresh, and not really sweet. It seems to have some weird, musky, overly-perfumey undertone that I don't like at all. I'm sure I won't use this. I might try to give it to my sister.

on 4/6/2011 10:47:00 PM

YES!! I absolutely adore this! It smells exactly like its name -- delicious fresh lemons and sugar. Not too citrusy, not too sweet, but a perfect hybrid of the two. And I can't believe this is from such a cheap brand! I love this as a light scent in the summer, or anytime I'm in a bad mood and need a lift. Please don't discontinue!

I know this one has pretty good ratings, but I have to be honest- I just didn't really care for this one. I was expecting more of a bright lemony scent followed by a sweet drydown, but this perfume didn't really smell all that lemony or sugary to me. Even though I didn't really care for it, it does have decent staying power and my SO liked it, so to be fair I gave it 3 lippies.

on 2/25/2007 4:43:00 PM

I have the moisture milk in this scent. I love it. The price is great for all that you get. I really want the Scent Mist, but it seems pricey to me. Even @ Rep. price! I know the scent won't last very long, or else I would buy it. If it becomes discontinued though, I would buy 5 of them!

on 10/17/2006 1:42:00 PM

The thing that I like about this fragrance is that even though it is cheap it has a lot of depth, you know a lot of cheaper fragrances tend to just dissapate and the scent really does not have a drydown or change much on the skin with wear. When I first spray this on it smells strongly of lemon, vanilla and musk. But as the day lingers it smells more like lemonade and on the drydown it is a sweet sugar smell. It is an absolutely delicious cold weather smell that I get tons of compliments on, I highly recommend it.

The latest addition to mark's Self Sanctuary line is my favorite one since I've been a rep! Lemon Sugar has just enough tangy lemon fragrance (without that "Pledge" undertone that can ruin some citrusy scents for me) that ends perfectly sweet. Think lemon muffin sprinkled with powdered sugar. It's not overpowering, even when you layer several products. My favorite is the shower wash: an invigorating way to start the day with a smile.

This will become a staple for me-- and at a customer price of $5 for the shower wash or moisture milk, and $7 for the body butter, the price is definitely right! continued >>