Lancaster Lovely Liquid Satin by Sarah Jessica Parker

Lancaster Lovely Liquid Satin by Sarah Jessica Parker

4.2

on 12/31/2011 12:11:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

My fiancee does not like the original version of Lovely, but doesn't mind this, which is nice for me. (The original Lovely edp is actually the only perfume he's outright said he didn't like.)

Subtle, and I think perfect for an office where perfume cannot be daring, I quite like this one.

And the bottle is gorgeous.

on 12/22/2011 11:08:00 AM

This fragrance was a gift. I usually like Fragrances that are the opposite of Lovely. I like Diva, Fracas, Beyond Love. This is a very sharp, clean fragrance that dries to a soft musk. It is fresh and reminds me of smelling some bath or shower products for Men. It has a Detergent clean, fabric softener likenes to me, so if you like that just "stepped out of a shower" smell, this is for you. I liken it to other fragrances like Dream from the Gap or soft musk fragrances that seem to be everywhere. I cannot comment on the apple martini accord, since I don't drink alcohol.

To Read all 20 Reviews, Login or Join

This is one of the few perfumes that I truly love because of the light scent and amazing texture after I spritz it on my skin. I never tried the Lovely EDP so I can't really compare the two, but I know that the most obvious notes in this Liquid Satin version are lavender and rosewood. For some reason, I also smell jasmine, but it's not listed as one of the notes...

But here's the official note break down:
Top Note: Mandarin, Rosewood, Lavender, Apple Martini
Middle Note: Patchouli, Narcissus, Orchid
Base Note: Cedar, White Amber, Musk

It's not one of the most long lasting perfumes I've tried, but I like the fact that it's so light and girly (it's not like "sweet-girly" but more like "innocent-girly"). I recommend it for everyone!

This fragrance is gorgeous. I purchased the rollerball quite a while ago and just recently found a full bottle of the liquid satin and the price was right. The original is much sharper to my nose and I quite prefer the liquid satin — seems like most do! I get all pepper and rose from this fragrance — none of which is listed in the notes — but it's sophisticated and beautiful and suits a confident woman. It's definitely out of my normal 'scent families' which lean towards the clean and the vanilla-y but it does have a place in my collection.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I was surprised by LOVELY LIQUID SATIN; I don't really like the Lovely EDP, I find it too strong, sharp and 'cold' on me. However,when I saw the serum spray version I decided to give it a go...

... Success! As it's a serum rather then an EDP, it seems to warm up the skin and is a more spicy kind of fragrance. I've looked on various sites and LOVELY LIQUID SATIN does have slightly different scent notes (no bergamot, martini or daffodil), so if you don't like the original you should till give this a go.

I've removed a star as the lasting power isn't that good.

Scent notes: Rosemary, lavender, mandarin orange, apple, patchouli, orchid, musk, cedar and white amber.

on 3/18/2009 1:51:00 AM

Excellent! I really love the original Lovely, and because I'm almost out of my second bottle of it, I decided to try the Liquid Satin instead. This retains the "heart" of the EDP, but without any sort of "alcohol" smell. I didn't realize how sharp the perfume was compared to the Satin. While I still like both, I prefer the Satin. Note: This scent does really hug the skin -- unless you're practically on top of someone wearing it, you probably won't notice that they're wearing it. So if you want a scent that projects more, this might not be for you.

on 11/13/2007 11:19:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Mmmmmmm. :)

on 5/19/2007 6:04:00 PM

On my skin, perfume oils tend to stay true to the original fragrance, unlike their alcohol based versions, which sometimes go "crazy" on my skin. That's the reason why I haven't used perfume consistently in my life. I was constantly changing fragances, to see which one suited me (after months or weeks of using an alcohol based perfume which I liked, it would stop working with my body chemistry, so I'd have to start searching for the perfect smell, ONCE AGAIN). I finally found Narciso Rodriguez Musc for her, the oil perfume and I was delighted with it (I still am, it's a lovely smell), but oh the price tag!!!

When SJP's Lovely was launched, I tried it and didn't like it. I gave it a second chance and fell in love with it. I've been using it now for almost a year and my skin hasn't still reacted badly to it. Hope it won't happen since I love it so much.

Anyway, when I found out that an oil version of Lovely was launched, I was thrilled to try it out and see (or should I say smell) the results. Well, as always, my body has reacted great to the liquid satin (it's lighter than Narciso's oil...it's less oily, if you know what I mean). It's a little different from the alcohol regular version, but it still smells lovely: musky, femenine, delicate. It's less noticeable than the regular version, but it stays a true Lovely smell for a longer time. And it's so much cheaper than Narciso (which is still my favorite perfume oil).

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I don't like this product, although I do like the Lovely EDP. This is very oily and smells "off", compared to the regular EDP. Doesn't sink into skin well, very oily, and I had to apply before dressing and then, it took a while to dry. No lasting power, at all, or sillage. Blecht. This loses the freshness of the EDP, to me.

on 2/9/2007 3:14:00 AM

I saw this in Boots and gave it a spray. My first reaction was "whoa! That's disgusting!". I kept sniffing my wrist, incredulous that such a horrible smell could be so popular. However, 10 mins later I sniffed my wrist again and the scent had completely morphed. Now it was a very light, pretty feminine, "clean" scent (clean but not fresh like citrus scents which I'm generally not so fond of). Low key and pretty, that's the best way I can describe it. Very nice.

Popular Fragrances