Bobbi Brown Blush in Nectar

Bobbi Brown Blush in Nectar

4.5

on 7/7/2016 7:27:00 AM

I read a lot of reviews on Nectar before I took the plunge. I saw comments from how bright it was in the pan (did not look bright to me at all) to it is so soft and natural. Everyone seems to agree it is a lovely pinky-peach with no shimmer. I had been wearing Apricot so Nectar was calm and chill compared to that (both in the pan and on the cheeks). The blush is very pigmented so I use a loose fluffy brush to apply.

There is one con for me though...this wears on me like Pink Swoon did. Not bad but not great...it just sat there...not doing much for my nw20 deep winter complexion. The more yellow pink doesn't mesh well with me. I really wanted to love this...but I just didn't.

on 5/18/2016 4:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Silver, Other, Medium

I purchased this blush at the Nordstrom's in my area. There is never a Bobbi Brown SA at the counter and the SA who assisted me works as a floater at "all" the makeup counters. Nectar is way too pink yet sheer even with a light application on my mature skin. Looks like I have a fever or have returned from a long jog and very flushed. Not the look I want. I'll chalk it up to a flawed color match on my fair skin.

Too expensive considering there is no brush or mirror.

To Read all 82 Reviews, Login or Join

on 6/8/2015 4:43:00 PM

Just goes to show, you can't tell until you try it on. This is the type of shade that repels me when I see it in the pan -- too peachy/ orange? I never would have tried it if the BB guy hadn't insisted. I have to use a fairly light hand, but yes it does go from crazy in the pan to pretty natural on my cheeks. It doesn't look muddy on me, just adds a touch of brightness. I now prefer this to BB Slopes, Tawny, Desert Pink, and Rose Pink (all of which I have used with some success). I'm fair to light, on the cool side, and prone to redness, so I have to be careful with blush. Can't believe this works so well!

"NARS Orgasm without the sparkles" is a good description from a previous reviewer.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have no real complaints about this blusher. The colour is nice, the packaging is good, and it lasts well. It is pricey, but if you use it all the time then it would work out ok. I don't use it often.

I agree that the colour is a nice middle ground between pink and peach, but I think it is very pigmented - often I put on too much and have to tone it done. I find it a bit too pink to be very neutral on me and makes me a look a bit flushed. Because of this I don't tend to use it too often.

That said, I like it. I just don't think I'd ever have occasion to buy it again. It's not a perfect neutral for me.

on 9/18/2014 11:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I have definitely found my hg! I've always been drawn to blushes that provide a subtle flush of colour so when I saw this in the pan I was a little uncertain, bit I'm so glad I decided to get it! For reference I have quite pale skin with an olive undertone, and am usually a mac nc15-20. The colour is relative sheer but is easily buildable so I think it would be great for a wide array of skin colours, especially because that peachy pink colour seems to compliment a lot of different skin tones. I have never found a blush that gives me such a natural and healthy appearance, and it lasts much longer than most blushes I've tried. Obviously the price is quite high, but I've been using it most days for several months and hardly made a dent so it will last forever. Love love love!

I love bobbi brown blushers and this 1 of 3 I currently have. I bought mine from sephora's for over $30 Canadian with 0.13 oz of product... Which is just slightly smaller than the NARS blusher.

Nectar IMO is what I would consider a natural blusher... It's a pinky peach mauve with no shimmer. It's not as bright as pale pink but it's well pigmented. I don't have to be as careful applying this as I would if I was using the apricot or pale pink blushers because the colour is quick natural.
I apply mine with the real techniques blush brush or multitask blush brush because bobbi brown blushers are so finely milled and soft.

Overall it's a decent blush on my NC25-NC30 skin tone. The shade changes and in deferent lighting it can look more pink or even mauve. I think this colour is universally flattering. I don't love it as much as my pale pink or apricot, hence the 1 lippie off.

It lasts about 6-8 hours on me during a long shift at work. I think I will go back and try other Bobbi brown blushers.

on 4/15/2014 10:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I love this blush. this is my holy grail blush. I have a couple of bobbi brown blushes and by far i love this one much much more. I lost this blush before and i immediately bought again.
it is beautiful. i love matte blushes and this is perfect. i have nc 30 complexion and this blush give me more pinky peach blush in my face. the sort of blush when i have been too long under the sun and been smack by the wind but in the very nice way. i love this blush so much. and will continue purchase it

on 8/2/2013 9:45:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I have test-driven this blush twice now, both times using the BB blush brush. I love it and plan to buy ASAP. I'm nc20, green eyes, brown hair, and it gives a perfect flush.

on 7/15/2013 12:18:00 AM

This another fantastic blush by BB. Its hard to describe the color though. It is definitely a peachy pink but looks very natural on the skin. As one other reviewer stated, it almost has a mauve appearance in certain light on certain days. While the color is very pigmented it is not bright. This is not bright like some of her other blushes (coral pink, coral, pale pink etc....). This is almost like an inbetween of NARS Amour and NARS orgams sans shimmer/glitter.

It strikes me as a universally flattering color. I happen to be moderately tan (NC 30-35), warm toned with yellow and red undertones. Blond hair blue eyes. This gives me a very natural flush. There are a variety of lipsticks and glosses that look great with it depending on what color you want to pull more strongly from the blush. BB lipgloss in Pink Blossom looks great, Revlon lip butter in peach parfait is gorgeous, her new sheer lip colors have many that look amazing as well. Tutu, ballet pink being two of them.

I took off one lippie since its not the most exciting blush but its a very, very pretty color that I love to wear when I want a subtle, natural flush of color.

on 4/9/2013 2:04:00 PM

My face is pale and this colour does make me look more fresh. I use it a quite bit only and brights up inmediately my face. Would love love love to buy this colour again.

Popular Blush Products