Boots No7 Beautiful Skin Hydration Mask

No Image

3.8

Aqua (Water), C12-15 alkyl benzoate, Glycerin, Isononyl isononanoate, Petrolatum, Butylene glycol, Carbomer, Sodium chloride, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, Hexyl laurate, Polyglyceryl-4 isostearate, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopheryl acetate, Theobroma cacao (Cocoa) seed butter, Parfum (Fragrance), Methylparaben, Sodium PCA, Sodium lauroyl lactylate, Ethylparaben, Ascorbyl glucoside, Magnesium PCA, Dipropylene glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium hydroxide, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Biosaccharide gum-1 Tetrasodium EDTA, Zinc PCA, Ceramide 3, Potassium hydroxide, Cholesterol, Ceramide 6 II, Phytosphingosine, Carbomer, Xanthan gum, Manganese PCA, Propylparaben, Potassium sorbate, Ceramide 1, CI 19140 (Yellow 5), CI 14700 (Red 4)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I really needed extra moisture during this frigid Winter weather. I picked up two large No7 facial care kits on sale at Walgreen's and this was one of the items. I had never used a moisture mask that needs to be removed, but I do think this is a smart idea. I much prefer this application vs. a sheet mask or a gel applique that gets tossed away.

I recommend two pumps mixed in the palm of your hand, then applied generously all over the face and neck. I leave it on 15 minutes, by which time the mask has gone clear and looks like clear jelly on the skin. A hot cloth dabbed over the face removes any leftovers, after which I follow with my night serums and cream.

If you love your current creams or like fast moisture, this may not be for you. But it does work very well to add long lasting plumping and hydration and my parched face desperately needed it. I would not have bought this randomly, but the price it's just right and it does what it says.

on 12/5/2017 7:28:00 PM

It's a lovely moisturizing mask with a gentle scent. It has gel-cream consistency and feels like calming blanket over my skin. Doesn't break me out. A bit too much moisture for my combination skin, but would work for many skin types.

on 12/3/2015 3:31:00 PM

I use it on a weekly basis over the winter. I live in Sweden and the air gets really dry and cold then. Its a good mask for moisture. I put it on before I go to bed and sleep with it on. Skin is hydrated and soft in the morning.

on 5/26/2015 4:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

This stuff is awesome! It sinks in fast, a little goes a long way with this. I use it when my skin in super dry & it's wonderful. What i particularly love about thois is that it's a non greasy formula. Compared to the Avene hydration mask I really FEEL like my skin in hydrated. Super holy grail, I love this

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This stuff is fantastic. My skin isn't even particularly dry, but with the dry winter wind I was noticing it felt a little tight and this was on sale at Target. I exfoliated and cleansed in the shower and then left this on for about 3 minutes while I got dressed then tissued off as directed which didn't do much but I was using cheap tissues. I dabbed the rest off with a dry towel and then... I couldn't stop touching my face for the next 3 days, the moisture lasted forever! The mask itself is a bit of a strange consistency, but I think it might be that I'm more used to clay - based drying masks instead of lotiony moisturizer ones. I don't see how you could sleep in this, it would smear everywhere and unless your skin is really really dry, you shouldn't need to. 3 minutes works well, maybe 20 minutes would be extreme, overnight probably isn't necessary and would wreck your sheets!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

My review is on the Beautiful Skin Hydrating Mask. Another reviewer described this same product. It comes in a clear bottle. The mask is a soft pink which spirals. It's great packaging because you can see how much is left. The pump is very easy to use. I love the scent too!! It's "fresh" smelling & not overpowering @ all.

I leave it on an extra 5 minutes than instructed. Then I tissue it off with a damp tissue. I always feel my skin afterwards. This masks does "exactly" what it's suppose to!! My face feels nice & soft. It's important to rinse with lukewarm water & follow with your normal skincare regimen.

I <3 this hydrating mask so much that I use it about 3 to 4 times/week. Not only does this work really well, but it's also VERY affordable!! I highly recommend this mask for anyone who has dry skin.

*Side note: The 1st time I used this mask, it felt that my skin was being exfoliated. I could feel some dead skin as I was massaging it. This only happened this one time.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I bought this with a boots voucher for only 7.50. Heard a lot of bad reviews but couldnt resist the beautiful package. lol...I'm so glad i got it. My face had started to become slightly dry and rough, even after using the clarisonic. My moisturisers didnt seem to help. Enter this amazing mask...it got rid of the dryness, made my skin so plump and refreshed, restored softness and smoothness..i love using it to treat myself twice weekly. Its like nutrition for skin..my skin just loves this stuff and laps up all the nutrients in an instant.

Note though that you can't wash this off...its got a rather creamy consistency..i put it on for 10 mins, and then wipe it off with a good toner and continue with moisturiser as normal. Love love love this stuff..i'm surprised some people complain about sensitivity and redness, i've had nothing of the sort, just really happy skin :))

on 9/26/2012 10:15:00 AM

i love this product. I suffer with really dry skin, so much so that i would wear this all day as a moisturizing cream and not just for 3 mins as a facemask. suprisingly my make up glided over it perfectly. After finding another great "actual" moisturizing cream i only use this as a face mask. It's so soothing and after washing my face it feels so smooth. Now i only apply it a couple of times a week just before bed and it does a great job. i would definitly reccomend this to people who have dry skin, especially in the winter.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I got this as a gift at xmas time, and I think it's lovely ^_^
It's very interestingly packaged, the product looks like a fluffy pink spiraling cloud inside the bottle! I use it once a week or so as a treat, after a shower and exfoliate. I apply a thin layer, lay back in my recliner, clear my mind and relax, and let it sit on my skin for 10 minutes or so. Feels nice and cool on. You wipe it off with tissue, don't wash. It makes my skin feel fresh and so soft.
The pack says you can leave it on overnight too, but I haven't tried that. I might at some point, but just 10 minutes does nicely for me!

Highly recommended, I enjoy this product a lot.

on 4/20/2012 6:50:00 PM

I have slightly dry skin, slightly sensitive, no breakouts. I've bought this product on a whim, based on Comopolitan product placement add. Not something I usually do, but it was worth it. I've used it twice so far, 10 min applications.
First thing, please WIPE IT OFF, DON'T TRY TO WASH IT OFF. Water doesn't work, wipe it first with a pad / tissue and then wash.
Second thing, I don't find the packaging amazing, it's similar to men's mousse, at least in my mind :).
But, thirdly, it does a good job: my skin feels refreshed, hydrated and overall happy. I wouldn't try to sleep with it on, could be too much, but it works as mask in the evening, to be folowed by your favourite night cream.
I'll buy again.