NYX Doll Eye - Volume

3.8

on 7/1/2016 1:10:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I hated this mascara when I first bought it, but as I improved my mascara skills I found that it gave me very fluttery, curled clump free lashes that live up to the name. I especially love it on my lower lashes. This is not a lengthening mascara, that's for sure, but it doesn't claim to be.

Now my complaints: the tube is flimsy, thin plastic and won't close all the way. And the price...I just don't feel like this mascara is worth $10. There's much less product than most drugstore mascaras. Just as I started to love this mascara, I ran out of product. I thought maybe it dried out, but even when I hydrated it good as new with eye drops - nope, all gone! But if I can find this a few dollars cheaper, I'll buy it again.

on 2/29/2016 9:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I recently decided to try this again in my search for a non allergenic mascara. I used this years ago alternating with my high end brands and it gave very nice length. I probably will not bother buying this again because I don't find it as good as it used to be. No irritation yet, but it was very dry and I had to keep brushing it on over and over to give any acceptable results. Even then it is a natural look, not doll eyes at all. There is no volume, just some length and separation. Of the few that don't irritate my lids, this is the least useful. It does not create lush eyelashes and it hardly works at all on the lower lashes. To be fair, it is better than most of the other NYX mascaras I've tried - except Propel My Lashes which was good. It's just not a great mascara anymore.

Update: I see that the new NYX displays have no mascaras at all, which is alarming. Are they phasing out mascaras to concentrate on everything else? Why? I'd try them again if they came out with a new formula.

To Read all 213 Reviews, Login or Join

on 1/24/2016 4:28:00 AM

Oh my gosh, this mascara is the worst one I've ever tried. Seriously. I know waterproof mascaras are better at holding a curl and this one is not waterproof ( I think ).

However, this mascara literally makes my eyelashes droop down. My lashes are naturally extremely long. I hate clumpy eyelashes and I don't look for one that elongates my lashes too too much. My eyelashes naturally can hold a curl for at least 10 hours. But when I used this for the first and for the second time, the curl is gone as soon as I apply this crappy mascara. Also, this mascara is clumpy by the second coat. Very. Clumpy.

Yes, I'm on a rant here. But the quality of this mascara is so poor. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY. This is not worth a cent. This is definitely going to the trash. (And I just purchased this today)

on 1/6/2016 5:33:00 AM

I am extremely disappointed in this mascara. I expected it to hold my eyelashes up and give it nice curl. It didn't do what I thought it would and was a clumpy mess. The formula is really dry and it does nothing but make my eyelashes stick together. I really wanted to love it but I don't. BTW I have straight eyelashes that aren't curled and I use an eyelash curler. Hopefully the waterproof version will work but I doubt I'll try it since its expensive.

on 12/24/2015 11:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I am a fan of most NYX products, but this is one I didn't like. I purchased the Doll Eye Lengthening mascara and it didn't do much for me. I thought maybe this type would add more product and volume, but this one did not deliver either. I got the same results where it did not add much to what i already have. I like a more full bodied mascara and this does not provide that. While it might work for somebody with sparse lashes (mine are plentiful) or somebody who wants a more natural look (I like a little drama) this just is not for me.
It did however have great staying power, no flaking or smudging. But it also was harder to remove than most non-waterproof mascaras.

I love this stuff! Got it for $9.49 at Target on an impulse and loved it. It provides adequate volume as it promises, and great definition on top of that. There's nothing I don't like about this mascara.

This is suuuper lengthening and non clumpy for being so cheap. I'm a mascara snob and usually vouch for MUFE smoky extravagant, I never use anything that clumps or is hard to get off at the end of the day.. And this is perfect. So good and cheap compared to what I usually wear. It performs exactly the same as the mufe and is 1/3 the price.

I used to love this mascara, but I think the formula has changed. It use to add length and volume, but now its strictly volume, and lashes look stumpy and clumpy. Very disappointed in this product now. A lot of better mascaras out there, for less.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

This is a good mascara, doesn't flake, applies well, coats lashes evenly. But it does dry out quickly. The first tube I bought I thought was bad because it was so dry but it still applied okay so I kept using it until it actually was dry-which wasn't very long after I opened it.

The fact that it doesn't flake and wears great throughout a long day will make me repurchase, I wish it didn't dry out so fast though.

on 2/18/2015 10:27:00 AM

I really like this mascara because it's one of the few I've tried that doesn't flake off and give me racoon eyes throughout the day. It separates the lashes well and gives good volume without looking fake or spidery. The only downside I see is that it gets dry very quickly and can become hard to apply because of that. The pros definitely outweigh the cons, though, and I'll keep buying this until I find something better.