BeneFit Cosmetics But Officer

No Image

4.7

A sheer hot pink with slight sheen to it. It goes on very smooth and does not dry my lips out at all. My only complaint is the stick of lipstick broke off of the base in the tube so now it is supppper hard to apply! darn!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I love this lipstick. It's a perfect MLBB sheer shiny pink which is amazingly moisturizing and comfortable on the lips. I'm now a devoted Benefit customer because of the consistant quality of their products -- even the packaging is impressive! The lid of this metal lipstick tube wouldn't dare pop off even in the bottom of the most crowded purse or makeup bag. Shell out the ~$16 for this lipstick and you'll be happy you did. I will repurchase if/when I run out.

on 8/9/2006 8:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I have been a fan of Benefit lipsticks for at least 3 or 4 years. This past spring I was looking for a color for summer and decided on this one - But Officer. The Sephora web site picture of this color is much too warm and peachy. Even Benefit's own web site has this color described as a warm petal pink. I don't think it's a warm color at all, my best description is that it is a very sheer cool light pink with subtle irridescent shimmer. It's very pretty by itself but I like it especially as a top coat on other lip colors that need a little sparkle. Because it is sheer and shiney the lasting power is not as good as more matte textures but that is fine with me because I gravitate almost exclusively to sheer lipsticks that feel and are moisturizing. If I have to apply more often - so be it. I love this shade of lipstick, have used it often this spring and summer and will definitely buy it again if I ever run out of it.