LUSH Recon Hair Treatment

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
LUSH Recon Hair Treatment

3.3

Almond Oil (Prunus dulcis), Nettle Leaf Infusion (Urtica dioica), Rosemary Infusion (Rosmarinus officinalis), Beeswax (Cera alba), Lanolin, Propylene Glycol, Perfume, Fresh Papaya (Carica papaya), Menthol, Peppermint Oil (Mentha piperita), Lavender Oil (Lavandula hybrida), Rose Absolute (Rosa centifolia), Rosemary Oil (Rosmarinus officinalis), Juniperberry Oil (Juniperus communis), Salicylic Acid, Sodium Borate, Limonene, Linalool, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have the kind of hair that soaks up moisture like a sponge, it's very thick, curly, and dry. This product actually left my hair feeling greasy, I'm in shock!
The greasiness went away a couple of shampoos later, but I'm still left with a hint of mint (and it's not a pleasant mint imo), and the positive effects have lasted through multiple shampoos, that is amazing to me!

I would not easily repurchase this again solely because the scent is so unattractive, but I cannot deny this is a wonderful product for taming curly hair. I think I would use this again if there was a special occassion several days in advance, and I wanted my hair to look it's best, but wanted the scent to be dilluted.

Pros:
Silky hair, I mean super silky hair.

More definition, and less frizz to my curls.

Makes my hair bouncy, loads of compliments on the condition of my hair.

Cons:
It stinks. I mean I smelled like Vicks Vapor Rub days (and multiple shampoos) later.

It leaves hair very greasy, and my hair is naturally parched and can stand up to nearly any petroleum-free moisturizer without feeling oily. If you have straight/fine hair, I'd definitely tread carefully with this one.

I'm giving this a 4 out of 5 because it definitely works as a deep conditioner, but the scent is bad.

My scalp gets very dry during the winter months. I was looking for a treatment that wouldn't weigh down my baby-fine hair, and this product stated that it would work on almost all hair types. Though my scalp feels wonderful right after using this product, it really weighs my hair down and makes it feel greasy. I tend to have to wash out my hair several times (and it still looks like I haven't washed it over a week later), and that dries out my scalp even more than before I used the product. If you have dry or over-processed hair, this will probably work well for you. However, if you have fine or oily hair, I cannot recommend this product.

on 1/23/2007 4:10:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

i have a really dry scalp with a light dandruff problem and quite sensitive skin. i took a sample of this home to try and though it says that you should use this product every time you wash your hair for a week, i noticed immediate results, i love this product! HG! my scalp is no longer flaky, ive experienced no reactions, the smell is good enough to eat and satisfyingly 'natural' smelling and you get a whole heap for an amazingly cheap price! the only tiny weeny con is that is says u should get it on the scalp only, this is impossible but i have not noticed anything out of the ordinary with the hair close to my scalp (it actually seems quite moisturized!) so its not a problem. i definately recommend this especially if u have a dry scalp.