LUSH Recon Hair Treatment

LUSH Recon Hair Treatment

3.1

Almond Oil (Prunus dulcis), Nettle Leaf Infusion (Urtica dioica), Rosemary Infusion (Rosmarinus officinalis), Beeswax (Cera alba), Lanolin, Propylene Glycol, Perfume, Fresh Papaya (Carica papaya), Menthol, Peppermint Oil (Mentha piperita), Lavender Oil (Lavandula hybrida), Rose Absolute (Rosa centifolia), Rosemary Oil (Rosmarinus officinalis), Juniperberry Oil (Juniperus communis), Salicylic Acid, Sodium Borate, Limonene, Linalool, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

Hi,
I used this as they told me to and could not rinse it out BUT if you use this sparingly(just rubbed into palms) and then apply to hair it is the most fantastic leave -in conditioner if you have dry hair.For any other hair type I think it would not be suitable.

on 3/17/2007 9:23:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Big fan of Recon, here. I don't have dandruff, but I have a terribly persnickety scalp in Winter. Also, since my hair is very thick, natuarlly curly/wavy and color-treated, I don't wash it every day...which can lead to a case of the "itchies" every once and awhile. Recon seems to make my curls spring back into action, as well. I read the reviews on the LUSH website (as I often do before buying) and they seemed much more positive than on MUA. I think those who had a hard time getting it out of their hair didn't quite read the directions (shampoo must start on dry hair). It would be better in a tube with a nozzle you could point directly on to specific areas of your scalp, but that's my only complaint.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have the kind of hair that soaks up moisture like a sponge, it's very thick, curly, and dry. This product actually left my hair feeling greasy, I'm in shock!
The greasiness went away a couple of shampoos later, but I'm still left with a hint of mint (and it's not a pleasant mint imo), and the positive effects have lasted through multiple shampoos, that is amazing to me!

I would not easily repurchase this again solely because the scent is so unattractive, but I cannot deny this is a wonderful product for taming curly hair. I think I would use this again if there was a special occassion several days in advance, and I wanted my hair to look it's best, but wanted the scent to be dilluted.

Pros:
Silky hair, I mean super silky hair.

More definition, and less frizz to my curls.

Makes my hair bouncy, loads of compliments on the condition of my hair.

Cons:
It stinks. I mean I smelled like Vicks Vapor Rub days (and multiple shampoos) later.

It leaves hair very greasy, and my hair is naturally parched and can stand up to nearly any petroleum-free moisturizer without feeling oily. If you have straight/fine hair, I'd definitely tread carefully with this one.

I'm giving this a 4 out of 5 because it definitely works as a deep conditioner, but the scent is bad.

on 8/22/2009 12:24:00 PM

So glad LUSH brought Recon back!

This is a deep conditioner that I like to use once in awhile, like every 6 weeks, or when my hair/scalp feel especially dry. Recon comes in a black pot. Collect 5 pots and return them to a store for a free fresh face mask. It's a pretty thick goo, and it has a slightly minty smell, a combination of peppremint/rosemary. Does not smell like Aveda rosemary mint, though.

Read the directions on this and follow them to the letter to have great results. Massage into dry hair/scalp, leave on 20 minutes. Apply shampoo to hair BEFORE YOU GET IT WET, then lather up with water and rinse. I usually have to shampoo one more time to get it completely out.

This is great to use if you're getting split ends. It leaves my fine hair moisturized, but still with volume.

ingredients:Almond Oil (Prunus dulcis), Nettle Leaf Infusion (Urtica dioica), Rosemary Infusion (Rosmarinus officinalis), Beeswax (Cera alba), Lanolin, Propylene Glycol, Perfume, Fresh Papaya (Carica papaya), Menthol, Peppermint Oil (Mentha piperita), Lavender Oil (Lavandula hybrida), Rose Absolute (Rosa centifolia), Rosemary Oil (Rosmarinus officinalis), Juniperberry Oil (Juniperus communis), Salicylic Acid, Sodium Borate, *Limonene, *Linalool, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

on 4/5/2008 5:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

For all of you that strugged in removing this from your hair: you are supposed to add the shampoo while your hair is dry and then rinse once you have added the shampoo

Overall, i found this product to be very useful in eradicating the "scabbiness" from my head and i am disappointed that it has been discontinued by lush

on 6/7/2007 7:02:00 AM

Lovely pick me up for my sometimes dry scalp.. I pawned one off to my dad who is *gasp* actually using it. He uses H&S poo and after I explained to him that the dandruff type flakes he is seeing may be dry scalp he agreed to try this. Low and behold I was right and he is using this very sparingly as he loves it! As for me, I can do with or without it but it is a nice treatment for my roots for a change.. only set back is I have to use it 1x a month and right before I use a purifying shampoo because otherwise it would leave me very oily.

on 1/23/2007 4:10:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

i have a really dry scalp with a light dandruff problem and quite sensitive skin. i took a sample of this home to try and though it says that you should use this product every time you wash your hair for a week, i noticed immediate results, i love this product! HG! my scalp is no longer flaky, ive experienced no reactions, the smell is good enough to eat and satisfyingly 'natural' smelling and you get a whole heap for an amazingly cheap price! the only tiny weeny con is that is says u should get it on the scalp only, this is impossible but i have not noticed anything out of the ordinary with the hair close to my scalp (it actually seems quite moisturized!) so its not a problem. i definately recommend this especially if u have a dry scalp.

on 1/21/2007 4:59:00 PM

I can't understand why your face would have bumps on it from using a scalp treatment.. it's not a mask. Anywho, I remember reading reviews about a scalp exfoliant and went into LUSH a few weeks ago for it and they showed me this. (I bought the wrong product) Surprisingly, this is what I was looking for. I use Pureology, Kerastase and B&B and have very high expectations for my hair. When I use a purifying shampoo weekly, I use this along with it. I have no problem getting it out. It's soothing and works wonders for those who shampoo 3-4 days/week. You're supposed to use a small amount (I use a teaspoon size) and massage it into your dry scalp and then shampoo on dry scalp, then gradually add water as you work the shampoo into your hair. It's a staple in my (very thorough) hair regiman.

I think this stuff is great! I bought this because I shampoo every third day, and sometimes my scalp gets an unsavory smell accompanied by a bit of flaking (since I don't wash it that often, the dead skin kind of builds up). I used mine for the first time last night and was instantly intrigued by the minty, herbal scent. Lush instructs that you avoid applying to your hair, so I took 6 hair clips and sectioned my hair in order to apply it primarily to my scalp. The thing is, it is GOING to get onto your hair no matter what you do (barring taking out the clippers and shaving your head)! I massaged it onto my scalp, left it on for about an hour, and then washed it out with I Love Juicy (which is made to get oily hair clean). After one wash, I must admit I did still feel essential oils in some spots, so I lathered up a second time and followed with American Cream. I went to bed with wet hair and woke this morning to shiny, bouncy hair! Absolutely NO greasy after-effects. And this stuff isn't just a psychological product (meaning you think it works because it sounds like it should), this contains salicylic acid along with a plethora of essential oils to really make a difference (the bonus is that your head gets cleared from the subtle peppermint aroma!).

My scalp gets very dry during the winter months. I was looking for a treatment that wouldn't weigh down my baby-fine hair, and this product stated that it would work on almost all hair types. Though my scalp feels wonderful right after using this product, it really weighs my hair down and makes it feel greasy. I tend to have to wash out my hair several times (and it still looks like I haven't washed it over a week later), and that dries out my scalp even more than before I used the product. If you have dry or over-processed hair, this will probably work well for you. However, if you have fine or oily hair, I cannot recommend this product.