LUSH Recon Hair Treatment

Filtered by age: 36-43
LUSH Recon Hair Treatment

1.0

Almond Oil (Prunus dulcis), Nettle Leaf Infusion (Urtica dioica), Rosemary Infusion (Rosmarinus officinalis), Beeswax (Cera alba), Lanolin, Propylene Glycol, Perfume, Fresh Papaya (Carica papaya), Menthol, Peppermint Oil (Mentha piperita), Lavender Oil (Lavandula hybrida), Rose Absolute (Rosa centifolia), Rosemary Oil (Rosmarinus officinalis), Juniperberry Oil (Juniperus communis), Salicylic Acid, Sodium Borate, Limonene, Linalool, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

on 8/4/2007 11:21:00 PM

Recon may take the prize as the worst product I've ever tried on my hair. I followed the directions, applying it at the roots, massaging it into my scalp, leaving it for 20 minutes, then shampooing it out. The problem was with the final step. As I was shampooing, I could feel that the oils from Recon were being spread through my hair. I used I Love Juicy and after the first shampooing I could tell another was needed. After the second shampooing, I still felt my hair was feeling a bit too heavy and slick but I decided to use a wee bit of a light conditioner and finish up. But no. Blowdrying my hair, it became apparent that my hair was ultra slick and oily. I swear my hair wouldn't be that greasy if I didn't wash it all week! YUCK! Super yuck. So, I had to get wet again. Shampooed two more times with Herbal Essences Degunkify. That got the worst of it out, but I can still feel a residue in my hair. Never again! Putting it up for Swap but will only send to someone who's used it before and still wants it!

Update March 6, 2008: I finally found a use for this: it makes a great foot cream. And *that* tells you all you need to know about why this should never be put on your hair! continued >>

This stuff blows. I washed with Palmolive to get it out. Then I rinsed with cider vinegar. It's still not gone.

the good news: I had half of MUA laughing at me while I tried to get rid of this crap.

Never. Again.