LUSH Recon Hair Treatment

Filtered by age: 25-29
LUSH Recon Hair Treatment

Almond Oil (Prunus dulcis), Nettle Leaf Infusion (Urtica dioica), Rosemary Infusion (Rosmarinus officinalis), Beeswax (Cera alba), Lanolin, Propylene Glycol, Perfume, Fresh Papaya (Carica papaya), Menthol, Peppermint Oil (Mentha piperita), Lavender Oil (Lavandula hybrida), Rose Absolute (Rosa centifolia), Rosemary Oil (Rosmarinus officinalis), Juniperberry Oil (Juniperus communis), Salicylic Acid, Sodium Borate, Limonene, Linalool, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have the kind of hair that soaks up moisture like a sponge, it's very thick, curly, and dry. This product actually left my hair feeling greasy, I'm in shock!
The greasiness went away a couple of shampoos later, but I'm still left with a hint of mint (and it's not a pleasant mint imo), and the positive effects have lasted through multiple shampoos, that is amazing to me!

I would not easily repurchase this again solely because the scent is so unattractive, but I cannot deny this is a wonderful product for taming curly hair. I think I would use this again if there was a special occassion several days in advance, and I wanted my hair to look it's best, but wanted the scent to be dilluted.

Pros:
Silky hair, I mean super silky hair.

More definition, and less frizz to my curls.

Makes my hair bouncy, loads of compliments on the condition of my hair.

Cons:
It stinks. I mean I smelled like Vicks Vapor Rub days (and multiple shampoos) later.

It leaves hair very greasy, and my hair is naturally parched and can stand up to nearly any petroleum-free moisturizer without feeling oily. If you have straight/fine hair, I'd definitely tread carefully with this one.

I'm giving this a 4 out of 5 because it definitely works as a deep conditioner, but the scent is bad.

on 8/22/2009 12:24:00 PM

So glad LUSH brought Recon back!

This is a deep conditioner that I like to use once in awhile, like every 6 weeks, or when my hair/scalp feel especially dry. Recon comes in a black pot. Collect 5 pots and return them to a store for a free fresh face mask. It's a pretty thick goo, and it has a slightly minty smell, a combination of peppremint/rosemary. Does not smell like Aveda rosemary mint, though.

Read the directions on this and follow them to the letter to have great results. Massage into dry hair/scalp, leave on 20 minutes. Apply shampoo to hair BEFORE YOU GET IT WET, then lather up with water and rinse. I usually have to shampoo one more time to get it completely out.

This is great to use if you're getting split ends. It leaves my fine hair moisturized, but still with volume.

ingredients:Almond Oil (Prunus dulcis), Nettle Leaf Infusion (Urtica dioica), Rosemary Infusion (Rosmarinus officinalis), Beeswax (Cera alba), Lanolin, Propylene Glycol, Perfume, Fresh Papaya (Carica papaya), Menthol, Peppermint Oil (Mentha piperita), Lavender Oil (Lavandula hybrida), Rose Absolute (Rosa centifolia), Rosemary Oil (Rosmarinus officinalis), Juniperberry Oil (Juniperus communis), Salicylic Acid, Sodium Borate, *Limonene, *Linalool, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.