NYX Professional Makeup Single Eye Shadow - Aloha

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
NYX Professional Makeup Single Eye Shadow - Aloha
Single Eye Shadow - Aloha

This eyeshadow is just okay. Even with a primer, it doesn't show up well and fades to just sparkles. It causes so much fallout on my face as well.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Being very fair and cool toned, I find myself gravitating towards lighter, champagne based eyeshadows, keeping with my bare eye/strong lip look. I find that the right swipe of brightness and glow to my eyelid can make my skin and red lips pop. So I was eager to try Aloha, which eventually won out over Nyx's My Favorite Color eyeshadow.

The color is a very light pink/taupe color. It Isn't obviously brown, but the pink has a neutral aspect to it.

The good: I didn't find it to be chalky, or have much fallout, as described by others.

The bad: For my pale skin, the color simply isn't pigmented enough. It's a very light, glittery color. It barely shows up on my lids, only adding a hint of shimmer. I can see this working for medium or darker skin tones, and would be good for oily eyelids since the consistency isn't creamy. The packaging is nice, I like the flip-lid, but I will not re-purchase this color.

on 4/14/2011 1:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

i LOVE this color! Its pale and shimmery which I like but it reminds me of hazlenut? I got it at Ulta 40% off..hell yes...and Ive used it every day since. Its light enough that it opens up my eyes but has enough depth and color to be used all over without looking funny. I use it over UDPP and sometimes a NYX pencil and it stays on just fine on my oily lids.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have this as part of the trio set and I have to say I am pretty much obsessed with this shade! I use it almost every day, not as a highlighter but as an overall wash over my entire lid. It makes my small eyes pop and the texture is so velvety smooth the application is a breeze. I haven't touched my more expensive eye shadows for a long time...I'm too in love with my NYX ones.

on 12/19/2010 1:38:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I don't like frosty and this can lean that way a bit. Once I put the rest of my shadows on and blended the overall look was great! It has a slight pink tone and leans more toasted silver than gold- so I guess it would be more of a cool color. I used it with greens today just because I wanted to try it out and it didn't conflict much because it was so light. I look forward to experimenting more with it. If u HATE frost u might stay away because it leans a bit in that direction depending on application and as somebody stated below, it seems softer than some of the other NYX shadows which can create more fall out but this is not enough to deter me from using it.

Near dead ringer for Stila Kitten.
Just .005% lighter.