NYX Professional Makeup Single Eye Shadow - Aloha

NYX Professional Makeup Single Eye Shadow - Aloha
Single Eye Shadow - Aloha

4.5

on 5/3/2012 6:15:00 PM

really pretty, shimmery eyeshadow - one of the unique colours out there

however, it has a lot of fallout .. love this colour as highlight though

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I saw one of my you tube makeup girls (emilynoel83) use this in a look and it looked very pretty as a highlight. I decided to pick this up at Ulta. Wow, pigmentation is incredible with this shade. Be careful because it's frosty and you can't tell how much you put on in certain lighting. With a primer, Aloha stayed true all day and no creasing or fading. Today, I did a neutral look with NYX Iced Mocha up to the crease and Aloha as a quick highlight and it looks great. I feel that Aloha leans on the cool side on me.

on 12/23/2009 7:19:00 PM

Aloha is a really pretty highlight colour, I use it as a wash all over my lid under darker colours. I've been looking for ages for something like this - a neutral shimmery nude slightly on the pink side. I noticed that yellow-toned base colours tend to turn my grey and black eyeshadows a bit green in certain lights so I wanted a pinkish one.

The colour turns up on me as a shimmery champagne without yellow undertones. The texture is very nice and soft and spreads well without major fallout. All my darker matte shadows blend very evenly over it and it gives them a very nice shimmery tone. As others said the colour kind of reminds me of MAC Phloof! as well.

Overall a very pretty product, and I appreciate the classy packaging as well. I'm quite sad NYX is not available in most parts of Europe though, and even where it is it's horribly expensive - Aloha cost me almost 9!

on 8/9/2006 12:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I compare this to MAC e/s in Phloof!. Superfrosty, soft pinky white, this is one of my favorite NYX shadows. A must have for any frosty e/s collector!!!!