NYX Professional Makeup Single Eye Shadow - Aloha

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
NYX Professional Makeup Single Eye Shadow - Aloha
Single Eye Shadow - Aloha

Well. What can I say that hasn't been said already by the previous 3 reviewers? This looked so pretty in the store when I searched it but applied the next day over a very good quality primer it fell flat. Color was barely there and just not enough pigment for me. I like a clean but slightly colored lid with a nice crisp liner for day but this just seemed to not show up. The packaging is really nice but the quality of the color is the pits. A better and cheaper alternative is the eye shadow pots from Annabelle Cosmetics (available in Canada but not sure about the US).

It's a lovely eye shadow, I just don't like the colour. It is a pinkish colour, it seems to highlight any blotches because of the sheen.

on 10/10/2011 2:48:00 PM

i just bought another a week ago for my back up.. definitely a VERY PIGMANTED eye shadow! you don't need much considering a lot of fall out and crazy glitter! but don't mind it.. as long as you tap/blow the excess or put a tissue paper underneath the eye you'll be just fine.. :)
i have a fair skin tone (sorry i cannot compare to mac foundation,because i'm not a big fan of using foundation but when i use missha bb cream i use #21) and the color doesn't blend into my skin tone.. you still can see the color..
the QUALITY is really amazing with affordable price.. probably the most fav drugstore brand that i ever tried.. it's only the e/s thing, i don't like the face product as much as their e/s.. it is very long lasting.. i would collect all of their collection :D lol

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have this as part of the trio set and I have to say I am pretty much obsessed with this shade! I use it almost every day, not as a highlighter but as an overall wash over my entire lid. It makes my small eyes pop and the texture is so velvety smooth the application is a breeze. I haven't touched my more expensive eye shadows for a long time...I'm too in love with my NYX ones.

on 12/19/2010 1:38:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I don't like frosty and this can lean that way a bit. Once I put the rest of my shadows on and blended the overall look was great! It has a slight pink tone and leans more toasted silver than gold- so I guess it would be more of a cool color. I used it with greens today just because I wanted to try it out and it didn't conflict much because it was so light. I look forward to experimenting more with it. If u HATE frost u might stay away because it leans a bit in that direction depending on application and as somebody stated below, it seems softer than some of the other NYX shadows which can create more fall out but this is not enough to deter me from using it.

I don't normally buy pink shadows, but this looked so pretty in the pan, I had to buy it. It is a great highlight color, with beautiful frost. I did notice that there was a little more fallout than I have had with other NYX shadows, but not enough to change my 5 lippy opinion. I bought the single, so not sure if the trio version is different.

on 6/21/2008 11:47:00 AM

I have this color in the Trios TS15 and I have to say its a nice shimmer champagne beige- pink. I don't find many shimmer shades that work with my skin (lids are starting to show past sun damage and dryness)but this is very forgiving shade to use as a lid highlighter or even above the crease as a wash. I would repurchase this in the single.

on 1/26/2008 11:48:00 PM

I am not really a "pink person" however I make an exception for Aloha. It's a subtle pink(not grayed or browned down), a little frosty but makes a nice little highlight on the brow. Goes beautifully with browns and greens. Good quality and an excellent price. Defiinite repurchase. For reference, I am an NC30, brown eyes, warm toned.