NYX Professional Makeup Single Eye Shadow - Aloha

Filtered by skin type : Combination
NYX Professional Makeup Single Eye Shadow - Aloha
Single Eye Shadow - Aloha

This eyeshadow is just okay. Even with a primer, it doesn't show up well and fades to just sparkles. It causes so much fallout on my face as well.

It's a lovely eye shadow, I just don't like the colour. It is a pinkish colour, it seems to highlight any blotches because of the sheen.

on 5/3/2012 6:15:00 PM

really pretty, shimmery eyeshadow - one of the unique colours out there

however, it has a lot of fallout .. love this colour as highlight though

on 10/10/2011 2:48:00 PM

i just bought another a week ago for my back up.. definitely a VERY PIGMANTED eye shadow! you don't need much considering a lot of fall out and crazy glitter! but don't mind it.. as long as you tap/blow the excess or put a tissue paper underneath the eye you'll be just fine.. :)
i have a fair skin tone (sorry i cannot compare to mac foundation,because i'm not a big fan of using foundation but when i use missha bb cream i use #21) and the color doesn't blend into my skin tone.. you still can see the color..
the QUALITY is really amazing with affordable price.. probably the most fav drugstore brand that i ever tried.. it's only the e/s thing, i don't like the face product as much as their e/s.. it is very long lasting.. i would collect all of their collection :D lol

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have this as part of the trio set and I have to say I am pretty much obsessed with this shade! I use it almost every day, not as a highlighter but as an overall wash over my entire lid. It makes my small eyes pop and the texture is so velvety smooth the application is a breeze. I haven't touched my more expensive eye shadows for a long time...I'm too in love with my NYX ones.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I saw one of my you tube makeup girls (emilynoel83) use this in a look and it looked very pretty as a highlight. I decided to pick this up at Ulta. Wow, pigmentation is incredible with this shade. Be careful because it's frosty and you can't tell how much you put on in certain lighting. With a primer, Aloha stayed true all day and no creasing or fading. Today, I did a neutral look with NYX Iced Mocha up to the crease and Aloha as a quick highlight and it looks great. I feel that Aloha leans on the cool side on me.

on 12/23/2009 7:19:00 PM

Aloha is a really pretty highlight colour, I use it as a wash all over my lid under darker colours. I've been looking for ages for something like this - a neutral shimmery nude slightly on the pink side. I noticed that yellow-toned base colours tend to turn my grey and black eyeshadows a bit green in certain lights so I wanted a pinkish one.

The colour turns up on me as a shimmery champagne without yellow undertones. The texture is very nice and soft and spreads well without major fallout. All my darker matte shadows blend very evenly over it and it gives them a very nice shimmery tone. As others said the colour kind of reminds me of MAC Phloof! as well.

Overall a very pretty product, and I appreciate the classy packaging as well. I'm quite sad NYX is not available in most parts of Europe though, and even where it is it's horribly expensive - Aloha cost me almost 9!

on 12/11/2009 11:43:00 AM

Eesh, I guess I am the only one here thus far that is not a fan of this eyeshadow. I generally love NYX shadows and thought this looked gorgeous in the pan. Looks like a light champagne color with pink undertones and shimmer. When I put it on my eyes, it is more of a silvery cream type color. The color is fine, the problem for me is that this is so darn frosty. I can't use this is a highlight as it is to much for me. I like neutral looks and I just can't pull off that much shimmer as highlight. I typically like shimmery colors but this has more glitter to it and the fallout is beyond awful for me. It also doesn't glide on smooth and looks really chalky on my skin. I hate to waste shadows so I tried using this under other colors for different looks but I just can't get past the fallout and glitter in this shadow. Maybe I will swap this but definitely will not be a re-purchase :(

on 6/8/2009 1:33:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Works great as a highlight color. It's shimmery and highly pigmented. Would look good with many colors. Looks more like a champagne color.

Near dead ringer for Stila Kitten.
Just .005% lighter.