NYX Professional Makeup Single Eye Shadow - Aloha

Filtered by skin type : Normal
NYX Professional Makeup Single Eye Shadow - Aloha
Single Eye Shadow - Aloha

Well. What can I say that hasn't been said already by the previous 3 reviewers? This looked so pretty in the store when I searched it but applied the next day over a very good quality primer it fell flat. Color was barely there and just not enough pigment for me. I like a clean but slightly colored lid with a nice crisp liner for day but this just seemed to not show up. The packaging is really nice but the quality of the color is the pits. A better and cheaper alternative is the eye shadow pots from Annabelle Cosmetics (available in Canada but not sure about the US).

on 7/25/2011 7:43:00 AM

I love the color but not the texture. Lots of fallout, and a bit too much glitter that falls down on my face. Maybe I just got the old one or what? I am really sorry because the color is so great for highlighting. I

on 5/14/2011 11:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I love this color, even though I am not sure how to describe it. It's kind of a purple/pink? Shimmer. Either way, it looks great on my NC15 skin. I don't use it as a highlight, but I do put it all over my lids. It has great staying power, usually lasts me 10 hours. I use it with my NYX base (in the white shade). Just a great shimmery wash of color for an everyday, simple look.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This is my everyday highlight color - I am obsessed! I often will just put this on under my brow and in the inner corner and that's it for makeup - it's amazing! I love the color, although it is a bit glittery (and I sometimes find the odd sparkle under my eyes after I apply) I think it's super pretty and a must-have!

on 12/19/2010 1:38:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I don't like frosty and this can lean that way a bit. Once I put the rest of my shadows on and blended the overall look was great! It has a slight pink tone and leans more toasted silver than gold- so I guess it would be more of a cool color. I used it with greens today just because I wanted to try it out and it didn't conflict much because it was so light. I look forward to experimenting more with it. If u HATE frost u might stay away because it leans a bit in that direction depending on application and as somebody stated below, it seems softer than some of the other NYX shadows which can create more fall out but this is not enough to deter me from using it.

on 6/10/2009 3:14:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I love ALOHA! It is the perfect highlight color especially when using pink or purple eyeshadow. I use this as a highlight for when going out at night because it is very shimmery. Would recommend using a primer underneath to prevent fading. And to think I only bought it because its name is Aloha and I'm from Hawaii. Shows up as a frosty/shimmery light pink on my NC44 skintone.

I don't normally buy pink shadows, but this looked so pretty in the pan, I had to buy it. It is a great highlight color, with beautiful frost. I did notice that there was a little more fallout than I have had with other NYX shadows, but not enough to change my 5 lippy opinion. I bought the single, so not sure if the trio version is different.