NYX Professional Makeup Single Eye Shadow - Aloha

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
NYX Professional Makeup Single Eye Shadow - Aloha
Single Eye Shadow - Aloha

3.8

This eyeshadow is just okay. Even with a primer, it doesn't show up well and fades to just sparkles. It causes so much fallout on my face as well.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Being very fair and cool toned, I find myself gravitating towards lighter, champagne based eyeshadows, keeping with my bare eye/strong lip look. I find that the right swipe of brightness and glow to my eyelid can make my skin and red lips pop. So I was eager to try Aloha, which eventually won out over Nyx's My Favorite Color eyeshadow.

The color is a very light pink/taupe color. It Isn't obviously brown, but the pink has a neutral aspect to it.

The good: I didn't find it to be chalky, or have much fallout, as described by others.

The bad: For my pale skin, the color simply isn't pigmented enough. It's a very light, glittery color. It barely shows up on my lids, only adding a hint of shimmer. I can see this working for medium or darker skin tones, and would be good for oily eyelids since the consistency isn't creamy. The packaging is nice, I like the flip-lid, but I will not re-purchase this color.

on 2/4/2013 4:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I am SO disappointed in this shadow, and almost all the ones I bought today. I had been waiting ages for a sale, and finally it happened. I swatched a ton previously, and decided on this as one of them, yet when I opened it after purchasing and tried it, it was faint, had a ton of fall out, and full of glitter. What!? The one I swatched was shimmery, not glittery. And the color payoff was horrible. Really wanted a color like the one shown. But for some reason it wasn't it. Did they change the formula!? Big let down. Returned it.

on 7/25/2011 7:43:00 AM

I love the color but not the texture. Lots of fallout, and a bit too much glitter that falls down on my face. Maybe I just got the old one or what? I am really sorry because the color is so great for highlighting. I

on 5/14/2011 11:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I love this color, even though I am not sure how to describe it. It's kind of a purple/pink? Shimmer. Either way, it looks great on my NC15 skin. I don't use it as a highlight, but I do put it all over my lids. It has great staying power, usually lasts me 10 hours. I use it with my NYX base (in the white shade). Just a great shimmery wash of color for an everyday, simple look.

on 4/14/2011 1:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

i LOVE this color! Its pale and shimmery which I like but it reminds me of hazlenut? I got it at Ulta 40% off..hell yes...and Ive used it every day since. Its light enough that it opens up my eyes but has enough depth and color to be used all over without looking funny. I use it over UDPP and sometimes a NYX pencil and it stays on just fine on my oily lids.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I really like this slightly frosty, barely pink shadow as a browbone/inner corner highlight. If applied lightly, I think the effect is very ethereal. Same great pigment, texture, and blendability as most of the shadows from this brand are known for.

on 8/19/2010 2:29:00 PM

I use this product every day, I would venture to say I'm obsessed. The champagne-palest pink shade has the perfect amount of shimmer...definitely doesn't look too frosty. I've already repurchased this once and am sure I will do it again.

Awesome!! This eyeshadow blends well and goes on smooth. It doesnt crease on me which is nice! Its also really cheap for such a great product and there is also a lot in this little pot too!!!The color is a shimmer + nude... kinda warm.(I am not good at describing eyeshadows) Its pretty on!
Try it!!!
^_^

Near dead ringer for Stila Kitten.
Just .005% lighter.