NYX Professional Makeup Single Eye Shadow - Aloha

NYX Professional Makeup Single Eye Shadow - Aloha
Single Eye Shadow - Aloha

Well. What can I say that hasn't been said already by the previous 3 reviewers? This looked so pretty in the store when I searched it but applied the next day over a very good quality primer it fell flat. Color was barely there and just not enough pigment for me. I like a clean but slightly colored lid with a nice crisp liner for day but this just seemed to not show up. The packaging is really nice but the quality of the color is the pits. A better and cheaper alternative is the eye shadow pots from Annabelle Cosmetics (available in Canada but not sure about the US).

This eyeshadow is just okay. Even with a primer, it doesn't show up well and fades to just sparkles. It causes so much fallout on my face as well.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Being very fair and cool toned, I find myself gravitating towards lighter, champagne based eyeshadows, keeping with my bare eye/strong lip look. I find that the right swipe of brightness and glow to my eyelid can make my skin and red lips pop. So I was eager to try Aloha, which eventually won out over Nyx's My Favorite Color eyeshadow.

The color is a very light pink/taupe color. It Isn't obviously brown, but the pink has a neutral aspect to it.

The good: I didn't find it to be chalky, or have much fallout, as described by others.

The bad: For my pale skin, the color simply isn't pigmented enough. It's a very light, glittery color. It barely shows up on my lids, only adding a hint of shimmer. I can see this working for medium or darker skin tones, and would be good for oily eyelids since the consistency isn't creamy. The packaging is nice, I like the flip-lid, but I will not re-purchase this color.

on 2/4/2013 4:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I am SO disappointed in this shadow, and almost all the ones I bought today. I had been waiting ages for a sale, and finally it happened. I swatched a ton previously, and decided on this as one of them, yet when I opened it after purchasing and tried it, it was faint, had a ton of fall out, and full of glitter. What!? The one I swatched was shimmery, not glittery. And the color payoff was horrible. Really wanted a color like the one shown. But for some reason it wasn't it. Did they change the formula!? Big let down. Returned it.

on 7/25/2011 7:43:00 AM

I love the color but not the texture. Lots of fallout, and a bit too much glitter that falls down on my face. Maybe I just got the old one or what? I am really sorry because the color is so great for highlighting. I

on 12/11/2009 11:43:00 AM

Eesh, I guess I am the only one here thus far that is not a fan of this eyeshadow. I generally love NYX shadows and thought this looked gorgeous in the pan. Looks like a light champagne color with pink undertones and shimmer. When I put it on my eyes, it is more of a silvery cream type color. The color is fine, the problem for me is that this is so darn frosty. I can't use this is a highlight as it is to much for me. I like neutral looks and I just can't pull off that much shimmer as highlight. I typically like shimmery colors but this has more glitter to it and the fallout is beyond awful for me. It also doesn't glide on smooth and looks really chalky on my skin. I hate to waste shadows so I tried using this under other colors for different looks but I just can't get past the fallout and glitter in this shadow. Maybe I will swap this but definitely will not be a re-purchase :(

It's a lovely eye shadow, I just don't like the colour. It is a pinkish colour, it seems to highlight any blotches because of the sheen.

on 5/3/2012 6:15:00 PM

really pretty, shimmery eyeshadow - one of the unique colours out there

however, it has a lot of fallout .. love this colour as highlight though

on 10/10/2011 2:48:00 PM

i just bought another a week ago for my back up.. definitely a VERY PIGMANTED eye shadow! you don't need much considering a lot of fall out and crazy glitter! but don't mind it.. as long as you tap/blow the excess or put a tissue paper underneath the eye you'll be just fine.. :)
i have a fair skin tone (sorry i cannot compare to mac foundation,because i'm not a big fan of using foundation but when i use missha bb cream i use #21) and the color doesn't blend into my skin tone.. you still can see the color..
the QUALITY is really amazing with affordable price.. probably the most fav drugstore brand that i ever tried.. it's only the e/s thing, i don't like the face product as much as their e/s.. it is very long lasting.. i would collect all of their collection :D lol

on 12/23/2009 7:19:00 PM

Aloha is a really pretty highlight colour, I use it as a wash all over my lid under darker colours. I've been looking for ages for something like this - a neutral shimmery nude slightly on the pink side. I noticed that yellow-toned base colours tend to turn my grey and black eyeshadows a bit green in certain lights so I wanted a pinkish one.

The colour turns up on me as a shimmery champagne without yellow undertones. The texture is very nice and soft and spreads well without major fallout. All my darker matte shadows blend very evenly over it and it gives them a very nice shimmery tone. As others said the colour kind of reminds me of MAC Phloof! as well.

Overall a very pretty product, and I appreciate the classy packaging as well. I'm quite sad NYX is not available in most parts of Europe though, and even where it is it's horribly expensive - Aloha cost me almost 9!