NYX Professional Makeup Single Eye Shadow - Aloha

NYX Professional Makeup Single Eye Shadow - Aloha
Single Eye Shadow - Aloha

Near dead ringer for Stila Kitten.
Just .005% lighter.
And 75% cheaper.

on 8/9/2006 12:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I compare this to MAC e/s in Phloof!. Superfrosty, soft pinky white, this is one of my favorite NYX shadows. A must have for any frosty e/s collector!!!!

on 12/23/2009 7:19:00 PM

Aloha is a really pretty highlight colour, I use it as a wash all over my lid under darker colours. I've been looking for ages for something like this - a neutral shimmery nude slightly on the pink side. I noticed that yellow-toned base colours tend to turn my grey and black eyeshadows a bit green in certain lights so I wanted a pinkish one.

The colour turns up on me as a shimmery champagne without yellow undertones. The texture is very nice and soft and spreads well without major fallout. All my darker matte shadows blend very evenly over it and it gives them a very nice shimmery tone. As others said the colour kind of reminds me of MAC Phloof! as well.

Overall a very pretty product, and I appreciate the classy packaging as well. I'm quite sad NYX is not available in most parts of Europe though, and even where it is it's horribly expensive - Aloha cost me almost 9!

on 12/11/2009 11:43:00 AM

Eesh, I guess I am the only one here thus far that is not a fan of this eyeshadow. I generally love NYX shadows and thought this looked gorgeous in the pan. Looks like a light champagne color with pink undertones and shimmer. When I put it on my eyes, it is more of a silvery cream type color. The color is fine, the problem for me is that this is so darn frosty. I can't use this is a highlight as it is to much for me. I like neutral looks and I just can't pull off that much shimmer as highlight. I typically like shimmery colors but this has more glitter to it and the fallout is beyond awful for me. It also doesn't glide on smooth and looks really chalky on my skin. I hate to waste shadows so I tried using this under other colors for different looks but I just can't get past the fallout and glitter in this shadow. Maybe I will swap this but definitely will not be a re-purchase :(

Well. What can I say that hasn't been said already by the previous 3 reviewers? This looked so pretty in the store when I searched it but applied the next day over a very good quality primer it fell flat. Color was barely there and just not enough pigment for me. I like a clean but slightly colored lid with a nice crisp liner for day but this just seemed to not show up. The packaging is really nice but the quality of the color is the pits. A better and cheaper alternative is the eye shadow pots from Annabelle Cosmetics (available in Canada but not sure about the US).

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have this as part of the trio set and I have to say I am pretty much obsessed with this shade! I use it almost every day, not as a highlighter but as an overall wash over my entire lid. It makes my small eyes pop and the texture is so velvety smooth the application is a breeze. I haven't touched my more expensive eye shadows for a long time...I'm too in love with my NYX ones.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I saw one of my you tube makeup girls (emilynoel83) use this in a look and it looked very pretty as a highlight. I decided to pick this up at Ulta. Wow, pigmentation is incredible with this shade. Be careful because it's frosty and you can't tell how much you put on in certain lighting. With a primer, Aloha stayed true all day and no creasing or fading. Today, I did a neutral look with NYX Iced Mocha up to the crease and Aloha as a quick highlight and it looks great. I feel that Aloha leans on the cool side on me.

on 12/19/2010 1:38:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I don't like frosty and this can lean that way a bit. Once I put the rest of my shadows on and blended the overall look was great! It has a slight pink tone and leans more toasted silver than gold- so I guess it would be more of a cool color. I used it with greens today just because I wanted to try it out and it didn't conflict much because it was so light. I look forward to experimenting more with it. If u HATE frost u might stay away because it leans a bit in that direction depending on application and as somebody stated below, it seems softer than some of the other NYX shadows which can create more fall out but this is not enough to deter me from using it.

on 8/19/2010 2:29:00 PM

I use this product every day, I would venture to say I'm obsessed. The champagne-palest pink shade has the perfect amount of shimmer...definitely doesn't look too frosty. I've already repurchased this once and am sure I will do it again.

This eyeshadow is just okay. Even with a primer, it doesn't show up well and fades to just sparkles. It causes so much fallout on my face as well.