NYX Professional Makeup Single Eye Shadow - Aloha

Single Eye Shadow - Aloha

on 8/9/2006 12:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I compare this to MAC e/s in Phloof!. Superfrosty, soft pinky white, this is one of my favorite NYX shadows. A must have for any frosty e/s collector!!!!

on 8/27/2007 11:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

i got this part of the trio TS15 and it's just a good basic shimmery highlight brow color. i find that i use the other colors of the trio, mink brown and deep bronze more often though as i don't necessarily always use a highlight color when i do a neutral eye for daytime looks. but for the good price of $5.60 (cherry culture sale) for a trio, you can't beat the price. good basic to have.

on 1/26/2008 11:48:00 PM

I am not really a "pink person" however I make an exception for Aloha. It's a subtle pink(not grayed or browned down), a little frosty but makes a nice little highlight on the brow. Goes beautifully with browns and greens. Good quality and an excellent price. Defiinite repurchase. For reference, I am an NC30, brown eyes, warm toned.

on 6/21/2008 11:47:00 AM

I have this color in the Trios TS15 and I have to say its a nice shimmer champagne beige- pink. I don't find many shimmer shades that work with my skin (lids are starting to show past sun damage and dryness)but this is very forgiving shade to use as a lid highlighter or even above the crease as a wash. I would repurchase this in the single.

I don't normally buy pink shadows, but this looked so pretty in the pan, I had to buy it. It is a great highlight color, with beautiful frost. I did notice that there was a little more fallout than I have had with other NYX shadows, but not enough to change my 5 lippy opinion. I bought the single, so not sure if the trio version is different.

Near dead ringer for Stila Kitten.
Just .005% lighter.
And 75% cheaper.

on 6/8/2009 1:33:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Works great as a highlight color. It's shimmery and highly pigmented. Would look good with many colors. Looks more like a champagne color.

on 6/10/2009 3:14:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I love ALOHA! It is the perfect highlight color especially when using pink or purple eyeshadow. I use this as a highlight for when going out at night because it is very shimmery. Would recommend using a primer underneath to prevent fading. And to think I only bought it because its name is Aloha and I'm from Hawaii. Shows up as a frosty/shimmery light pink on my NC44 skintone.

Awesome!! This eyeshadow blends well and goes on smooth. It doesnt crease on me which is nice! Its also really cheap for such a great product and there is also a lot in this little pot too!!!The color is a shimmer + nude... kinda warm.(I am not good at describing eyeshadows) Its pretty on!
Try it!!!
^_^

on 12/11/2009 11:43:00 AM

Eesh, I guess I am the only one here thus far that is not a fan of this eyeshadow. I generally love NYX shadows and thought this looked gorgeous in the pan. Looks like a light champagne color with pink undertones and shimmer. When I put it on my eyes, it is more of a silvery cream type color. The color is fine, the problem for me is that this is so darn frosty. I can't use this is a highlight as it is to much for me. I like neutral looks and I just can't pull off that much shimmer as highlight. I typically like shimmery colors but this has more glitter to it and the fallout is beyond awful for me. It also doesn't glide on smooth and looks really chalky on my skin. I hate to waste shadows so I tried using this under other colors for different looks but I just can't get past the fallout and glitter in this shadow. Maybe I will swap this but definitely will not be a re-purchase :(