NYX Professional Makeup Single Eye Shadow - Aloha

Single Eye Shadow - Aloha

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Being very fair and cool toned, I find myself gravitating towards lighter, champagne based eyeshadows, keeping with my bare eye/strong lip look. I find that the right swipe of brightness and glow to my eyelid can make my skin and red lips pop. So I was eager to try Aloha, which eventually won out over Nyx's My Favorite Color eyeshadow.

The color is a very light pink/taupe color. It Isn't obviously brown, but the pink has a neutral aspect to it.

The good: I didn't find it to be chalky, or have much fallout, as described by others.

The bad: For my pale skin, the color simply isn't pigmented enough. It's a very light, glittery color. It barely shows up on my lids, only adding a hint of shimmer. I can see this working for medium or darker skin tones, and would be good for oily eyelids since the consistency isn't creamy. The packaging is nice, I like the flip-lid, but I will not re-purchase this color.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I saw one of my you tube makeup girls (emilynoel83) use this in a look and it looked very pretty as a highlight. I decided to pick this up at Ulta. Wow, pigmentation is incredible with this shade. Be careful because it's frosty and you can't tell how much you put on in certain lighting. With a primer, Aloha stayed true all day and no creasing or fading. Today, I did a neutral look with NYX Iced Mocha up to the crease and Aloha as a quick highlight and it looks great. I feel that Aloha leans on the cool side on me.

on 12/11/2009 11:43:00 AM

Eesh, I guess I am the only one here thus far that is not a fan of this eyeshadow. I generally love NYX shadows and thought this looked gorgeous in the pan. Looks like a light champagne color with pink undertones and shimmer. When I put it on my eyes, it is more of a silvery cream type color. The color is fine, the problem for me is that this is so darn frosty. I can't use this is a highlight as it is to much for me. I like neutral looks and I just can't pull off that much shimmer as highlight. I typically like shimmery colors but this has more glitter to it and the fallout is beyond awful for me. It also doesn't glide on smooth and looks really chalky on my skin. I hate to waste shadows so I tried using this under other colors for different looks but I just can't get past the fallout and glitter in this shadow. Maybe I will swap this but definitely will not be a re-purchase :(

on 6/8/2009 1:33:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Works great as a highlight color. It's shimmery and highly pigmented. Would look good with many colors. Looks more like a champagne color.

I don't normally buy pink shadows, but this looked so pretty in the pan, I had to buy it. It is a great highlight color, with beautiful frost. I did notice that there was a little more fallout than I have had with other NYX shadows, but not enough to change my 5 lippy opinion. I bought the single, so not sure if the trio version is different.

on 8/9/2006 12:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I compare this to MAC e/s in Phloof!. Superfrosty, soft pinky white, this is one of my favorite NYX shadows. A must have for any frosty e/s collector!!!!