L'Oreal Paris Le Grande Curl

3.0

on 3/1/2009 5:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This was my high school mascara too! I read about Kevyn Aucion raving about this in Allure magazine back then. I loved the glossy black curl this gave you. Really good!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

i use to wear this in high school. it was great. washed off easily and gave me eyes definition. very easy to apply as well.

on 7/19/2007 3:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

My favorite mascara, I've used for years, but naturally is discontinued. It doesn't add curl, true, but otherwise I love it. Now I have to find another kind...sigh.

on 1/29/2007 11:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Le Grande Curl does not curl. It is a normal mascara. It makes my lashes stick together. I would not buy this.

on 1/17/2007 11:16:00 AM

This review may be inaccurate because I used this mascara several several years ago. I bought Le Grande Curl expecting it to replace my eyelash curler. I was disappointed because it didn't curl that much and definitely not as much as I had expected. It didn't thicken or lengthen that much either. It was quite average in performance. However, in comparison to other drugstore "curling mascaras" at the time, perhaps this was probably pretty good (the rating would be a 3). In today's world, it's not very good (rating = 2). I think it's discontinued.

on 10/22/2006 9:31:00 PM

After trying over 20 mascaras (from BeneFit, Lancome, Clinique, MAC, Chanel, etc.), this is still my HG mascara!! In fact, it is my HG of all cosmetics!! I can't understand why they are discontinuing the product.

I started using at 20 and used it faitfully until about a year and a half ago when I was unable to find it anymore. I am soooooo sad that they are discontinuing it as it made my lashes look longer and just best ever! I have no resorted to searching on Ebay. I just hope and pray that Loreal comes to their senses and puts it back on the market!!

on 9/20/2006 3:55:00 AM

It's going away? NOOOOOoooo. I have used this mascara FAITHFULLY for about 3 years now. I am in the military and stationed overseas and it has not been easy to find. TWICE I have asked friends to bring it back from the states during their travels and they bring me the voluminous stuff- yuck! Guess I wasn't in on the loop that it was discontinued- explains why my friends had a hard time finding it.

on 7/4/2006 6:23:00 PM

used it i was very young started using it used it -17 years old very beautiful mascara i used the waterproof version only over my L'Oreal voluminous mascara and agnes b. mascara 3d and xxl volume and had not to care about rain, water, sea, places without mirrors, reapplaying mascara or correcting mascara. used it in the morning and sometimes later in the day or night again over my already done cils protected going doing my thing very nice and beautiful mascara gives a curl doesn't let my cils fall down somehow or somehow a little over my eyes my sight gets irritated if I don't curl my cils! L'Oreal Le Grande Curl is not problematic at all like the other drugstore non waterproof mascaras i've tried and used under waterproof mascara! used black mascara only! with 11? 12, 13? i used blue mascara! and red

This really didn't do anything for my lashes. Luckily, a friend gave it to me, new and unopened, because she accidentally bought black (she is very fair skinned with blonde lashes). I remember using it in college and loving it. Perhaps it's because I am now used to DiorShow, but this didn't lengthen at all. I tossed it after two uses. I am looking for a good thickening, lengthening drugstore mascara (as Diorshow is $23 a pop) but this sadly isn't it.

As an Asian with lashes that grow straight and downward, I just had to give it a try when it first came out. It did curl my lashes, but not enough to make me ditch my curlers. If that had been all, I might have bought it again... But it also left me with smudges, which was BAD, as I was a student with little time to fix and re-apply my make-up. I gave it a try again when my soon-to-be mother-in-law gave me a tube, but I ended up with the same results. (I tossed the tube, then she got me another. Yes, I tossed it too... And bought a different brand which satisfied me MUCH more.)