Rodial Glam Balm

No Image

2.5

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Butyrospermum Parkii (shea) butter, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Dimethiconol, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Benzyl Alcohol, Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Salicyclic Acid, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Tribehenin, Sorbitan Isostearate, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Extract, Commiphora myrrha resin extract, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Oil, Citrus Tangerina (Tangerine) Peel Oil, Lavandula Augustifolia 5lavender) Oil, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Flower Oil, Limonene, Linalcool, Citral, Geraniol, Menthyl PCA, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopherol, Silica Dimethyl Silyate, Butylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Hexylene Glycol.

on 5/25/2017 3:49:00 PM

I bought this in St. Barths. I love it! super yellow-y/ golden - wears like a dense tinted moisturizer. Has SPF but i have no idea how much faith to put into it.

This is my go-to "mixer" I wear it more or less everyday, and mix it with cover-fx drops to make it darker, or hourglass foundation stick to give it more 'tooth' - with clinique foundation drops (in the lightest shade which is super peachy yellow) to brighten it if i'm feeling dingy.

I got it on sale from an expensive department store that was going out of business, so I can't speak too much for price. It's probs overpriced in real life. But it wears well and it's just a great shade for light/medium white girl skin who likes to look more golden.

Can't say a bad thing about it!

on 3/21/2013 6:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Good i got it as a present for purchaising 2 products from Rodial. I can use this product over night and in the morning my lips are very dry. So i use now Blistex for 2.5 euro - the result is much better

pricey, yes.
but- when i look at the amount of multi-tasking i can get from this product... LOVE.
i've used it as a primer, to lock in my eye cream, on my flyaways, as a lip balm a.m. and p.m., AND on my cuticles, i'm happy.
i love the smell of this, i love the texture. i'm verrrrry sensitive and this didn't cause any white heads, or irritation.
this has salicylic, shea butter, beeswax and yes, castor oil.

try a sample before you invest, but i do have to say whenever i use this on a client (i'm a mua) they love it.

on 11/30/2011 9:48:00 AM

This product does absolutely nothing for me. I bought it hoping that some of the claims were justified and that it would do something about the lines on my upper lips (not deep or a lot yet). Glam balm had just about the effect that Vaseline would have; glossy fat. I now wonder about the other, equally, self-hyped products...

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Don't bother with this. I really wanted to love this product but it just didn't deliver. I got super dry skin this winter and was hoping this would be my miracle saviour cream but I was so disappointed given that it wasn't cheap. I found this to be greasy and just blocked up my pores, I stopped short of breaking out but I could see that my skin wasn't happy with it. I will give it another shot, maybe as an in-flight moisturiser but my bit of advice is 'don't believe the hype'.

First of all, i got this half price which is just aswell cos this is blooming expensive! Its a very, very thick balm consistency (think Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour cream and thicken it five times). I only really use it for my undereye area, cos i'm concerned about lines, and the first time i used this balm it instantly brightened my undereyes. I actually really liked the effect, however it did make the skin under one eye breakout into a spot (i don't know about other people, but i find getting a white head in my undereye area extremely unusal-so it must have been due to this balm). Also, after only one days use i found my undereye area so stiff i could barely move it (i later read the ingredients and realized this contains Silicon which makes the skin stiff), so i realized i'd made a mistake in buying this. The only reason my lines/wrinkles won't show is cos this product freezes your face so you can't actually move it!

on 1/20/2009 12:06:00 AM

This does nothing to make my lips plumper (as it claims) or to reduce my fine lines and wrinkles (as it claims). It makes me break out. I've resorted to using it as a cuticle cream and on my rough elbows and it really doesn't do much there either. Plus it is very pricey, comes in a basic tube, and tends to separate.

Definitely doesn't live up to the hype and isn't worth buying at a quarter of the price.

Rodial makes all kinds of claims about their products (one supposedly increases your bust size, one supposedly makes your tummy flat, one is supposedly as good as Botox for relaxing wrinkles). Ha! Glam Balm is the most hyped of the lot and if it can't even do anything to soothe my dry patches and/or soften some fine lines then I doubt any of their other overpriced crap can do what they claim.

on 2/23/2008 7:10:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I suits my dry skin and I like the fact that it can be used around the eyes as well. I still like the fresh creme ancienne more as it's more moisturizing. However, at times, the fresh CA feels a bit too heavy, then glam balm just do the job.

on 2/28/2009 7:08:00 PM

This must be one of the most over-hyped under-delivering products ever.I sometimes despise beauty editors for being PR slaves and creating an aura of promise around mediocre products. What Glam Balm exactly does I have no idea, but it does not do what it promises. Liz Earle Superbalm is a much better formulated balm without silicones or preservatives and it smells divine. It would never separate, either as no oils, silicones and water is mixed up.

on 7/1/2008 11:09:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

It is very expensive but will last forever. I travel alot and its versitility will be great. It can be used as a flight mask, aftersun, hand cream, lip plumper - all in one handy tube.
Update
This has separated in the tube after less than 3 months so that instead of a balm I get a squirt of oil then a lumpy balm - won't be buying again!