SHISEIDO Majolica Majorca Neo Automatic Eyeliner

3.1

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm so glad I decided to try my mum's MM eyeliner before I bought my own (she has the black one). This eyeliner has been quite a hype on the net and I was drawn in by the good reviews on blogs and the pretty packaging... But enough said- this stuff is HORRIBLE. Let me explain: first of all, you have to twist the bottom of the pen to get the liquid to the brush. Sure, the thick brush is pretty good, but the liquid gathered at the bottom of the brush- see the problem here? How on earth was i supposed to draw a perfect line from such a thick brush base? But no worries, I managed to get my eyes lined a little bit thicker than usual, I didn't really mind. Problem number 2: after around 3-4 hours, my left eye smudged BADLY. There was no eyeliner on my eyes anymore, but I had black stains on my eyelid and underneath my eyes- It looked like someone punched me in the left eye (the right eye was fine). I dismissed the problem because I was taking photos that afternoon with a DSL camera, which meant that I closed my left eye heaps to shoot pictures- perhaps some tears leaked out of my left eye from blinking too much? And let me add- i'm currently in China, smack bam in the middle of winter, so sweaty lids definitely wasn't the problem here. So i thought: Ummmmm... Ok, so this eyeliner isn't as resistant to water as some others... Strike 3 came when I was trying to fix problem number 2. Since my left eye was basically unlined, I decided to try to fix my right eye. One swipe with my finger and BAM! My right eye started FLAKING. I barely swiped my finger across my right eyelid and the whole line flaked off. Yeah... This is NOT what I expected from such an overpriced product... To be honest, my mum definitely got ripped off when she bought this liner at ~$80AUD at some random Asian cosmetics store in Australia- especially since it retails around $18AUD online... Bottom line: this is quite a disappointing product, especially from Shiseido. I really hate to write such a bad review, but this product really didn't work for me. Oh well, I guess I'll try Dolly Wink's eyeliner next time...

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Flakes! Flakes all over your face - this is absolute rubbish except for the way it applies. I actually like the applicator and I've got quite good in drawing a thin line with it, but I'm fond of a thicker line anyway. The major and obvious drawback is that it gently flakes off in little black bits as the day goes on. At first I thought it was mascara, but no! It's this eyeliner.

I would like the pen tube with a better eyeliner liquid in it.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

Bought this because it had good reviews but this was the worst product from MM that I've used so far.

I bought this in BK999 (the blackest) because I use black eyeliner everyday. Since its kind of "drugstore brand" for RM50 it was ok but not worth it at all....

The formula was watery and did not go on smoothly. The brush would leave a trail and it would be black round the sides of the brush trail and clear in the middle. One twist of the end cap would leave you a huge gob on the end which would end up as a huge gob whereever you first set the brush.
Its not black enough at all. The watery formula ensures that you have to go over it again with something else. If you go over with the same stuff, it takes it off instead of putting more on. So i had to top up with black gel liner right after doing my eyeliner!
The brush really isn't that thin and you can't get a really thin line. Thank god I like my liner thick. Also it takes a minute to dry.

If you're looking for a black liner with a thin brush (in the same shape) with a really black colour that stays on till you take it off (and then it comes off easily) try the DollyWink one. MUCH BETTER. Wish I'd bought that instead.

Now it takes me 10 mins longer to put my liner on. I wish I could just toss this and buy the DollyWink one but as a poor student atm I can't afford to. =(

My advice, try something else.

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

I have BR622 and GR555 which I just got brand new in a swap!! So far I am loving these ~ especially ~ the colors! I find that it is simple to use, lasts and lasts until I remove it at night and the colors are vivid with a nice sheen. They do *not* look sparkly like the colors from the UD line (which I like sometimes but not always). I am SUPER satisfied with these and will get more when I have the opportunity. Trying to locate in US.

i found this bn at a 2nd hand shop for 500 yen. thank god ..lol because i would have been upset if i paid the 1200 yen regular retail price.

its ok. the formula + brush dont work well together. its not super black and it does flake. i ended up putting Lancome Artliner over it in the middle of the day because it was fading.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

I really like this product! It's the easiest and best liquid liner I've used so far. I've tried canmake and The Body Shop, which aren't bad but this is my fave! I got this in BK999 which is the blackest and it looks great. I have really oily lids and the weather here is humid and this doesn't smudge like other liners. However it does flake a bit on the lashline but the rest on my lid looks fine throughout the day. When removing it comes off in small pieces. The brush is very easy to use and if it starts to dry out, I just turn the clicker and I can control how much product I want. They have other gorgeous colours too, but I think I'll be sticking to the black meantime. Go for sales, it gets really cheap :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Bought this eyeliner few weeks before due to the raves about their products and the packaging is to die for!
It just entered Singapore's Watson stores few months ago. Wanted the BK999 but was sold out, so i got myself the BK911.

I have oily lids so most eyeliner smudges in the midday, but with this i dun have any smudges around my eyes. And I'm quite new for eyeliner too but with this eyeliner, I can draw a very nice line! very nice brush with the right thickness too... ya..Happy with this product. :D

Just went back to get the BK999 when saw it on the shelf.
Will definitely repurchase this again.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I bought this product from Hong Kong. It was the cute packaging and hearing raves for the MM brand that I bought it. I have BR622.

After practicing with gel liners and pearlglides I've finally gotten more control of using eyeliner products. But still learning to apply it on my left eye which is the more difficult eye when applying eyeliner products.

When i first bought this product; i was complete clueless as to how to use it. There was a plastic ring thing to pull apart and etc . Luckily i had a friend who read Japanese and told me to shake it a bit before using it.

On my first attempt too much liquid liner oozed out since i clicked twice, but learned to click in 1/2 clicks and able to get a enough out.

I love the fine tip which makes it very easy to get a thin line, but I'm sure you can get a thicker line (if that's to your preference).

It does dry quickly, I've only used 2 liquid liners (Jordana and MM).

Pros: Great price, color, precision point, and packaging.

Cons: Flakes off, moderate staying power, dries too fast on contact with eyes (drags eye lids).

Will NOT repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Color: BR622
Dark Brown with metallic gold/ bronze shimmer (Remarks: If you love MAC Teddy, it's the one!)

Texture: Think gel-like liquid, opaque (1 layer would be enough)

Pros:
Convenience automatic pencil type packing (not traditional nail polish/ mascara packing type)
Good quality brushier and think to moderated thin liner could be achieved easily
Reasonable price, good color selection and easy to access (www.adambeauty.com)

Cons:
So easy to come off even to rub the eye very slight, very gentlyÖ
It comes off in pieces! (think paper ash! of course depends on what color you use LOL)
Remark: some view it as Pros.. but it just donít feel safe as contact lens user

Overall:
Might consider to buy it again (but much prefer the long-wear Kate Gel Liner), as for usage itís the best liquid liner I have try so far (never try department store though)
If you donít mind how it comes off