MAC Cosmetics Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Avant Gold

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
No Image

3.0

on 2/27/2007 5:46:00 AM

Wow, where has this been all my life! I've never before had an expirience like this with any other powder, infact i was always the anti-powder girl. Hated the effect powder gave the face, it always made the face look dusty and ashy. But this is heavenly. I have purchased this in Medium-Dark, for over all application and in Dark for contouring. Gives a flawless finish whether you apply it over foundation or on bare-skin. It sits nicely on the skin, makes you skin look like it is glowing from within. HG powder for me, for sure.

on 8/22/2006 7:59:00 PM

Well, I am SO good. I mean I am good!

I called this one! When I first saw photos of the MSF Avant Gold powder, I was quite sure that it would be similar to the Revlon Skinlights Custom Face powders. Well, I just got mine today and I was SO RIGHT!

I have the MEDIUM shade and it is identical in color to the NATURAL LIGHTS REVLON SKINLIGHTS CUSTOM FACE POWDER palette. The only difference is that Skinlights has a nicer finish in appearance than the Avant Gold does.

I have to say that I have LOVED the Skinlights CUstom face palette in both NATURAL LIGHTS for winter months and GOLDEN LIGHTS for summer months. The finish is exquisite. Avant Gold is close, but not quite as nice, IMO.

Because they are so close, however, I have to say that I would buy Avant Gold only if Skinlights was nowhere to be found anymore. I believe it has been d/c, but I am not sure. (Speaking of Skinlights- I know that Avant Gold is only LE).

Skinlights came with 14.8g for only about $12 if full price and Avant Gold has 10g for about $24 or so. Sheesh, what a difference in price- and you got several colors in Skinlights.

I will update as I use Avant Gold more, and do side by side durability tests, but for now, I greatly prefer the Skinlights palette, but if Avant Gold were the only choice, I would probably use it.

One last note, I found that Medium was a tad too light for me this summer- I use NW25 MAC foundations. Probably in winter it will be about right, however.
continued >>

Firstly, this is my second my face product. My first is Blot pressed and i like it very much. I have Normal skin sometimes oily, and i purchased this in light. It was a good match for my NC15 skin which the usual NC15 is too dark some times. It looked nice when the SA put it on me, thus i decided to buy it. It was sheer, but had slight cover, and the finish is neither satin nor matte. When i wore it the next day, It looked just as nice, however i noticed the wearability did not last long at all. Within 2 hours, my face looked like an oil slick. Touching up was slightly cakey. Compared to Blot, this to me is inferior. I would stick with Blot powder. This may be better for dry or very dry skin types. And definitely not for humidity. EDIT: does not control oil, and clogged my pores after further use.