MAC Cosmetics Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Avant Gold

No Image

2.0

1 review

on 8/22/2006 7:59:00 PM

Well, I am SO good. I mean I am good!

I called this one! When I first saw photos of the MSF Avant Gold powder, I was quite sure that it would be similar to the Revlon Skinlights Custom Face powders. Well, I just got mine today and I was SO RIGHT!

I have the MEDIUM shade and it is identical in color to the NATURAL LIGHTS REVLON SKINLIGHTS CUSTOM FACE POWDER palette. The only difference is that Skinlights has a nicer finish in appearance than the Avant Gold does.

I have to say that I have LOVED the Skinlights CUstom face palette in both NATURAL LIGHTS for winter months and GOLDEN LIGHTS for summer months. The finish is exquisite. Avant Gold is close, but not quite as nice, IMO.

Because they are so close, however, I have to say that I would buy Avant Gold only if Skinlights was nowhere to be found anymore. I believe it has been d/c, but I am not sure. (Speaking of Skinlights- I know that Avant Gold is only LE).

Skinlights came with 14.8g for only about $12 if full price and Avant Gold has 10g for about $24 or so. Sheesh, what a difference in price- and you got several colors in Skinlights.

I will update as I use Avant Gold more, and do side by side durability tests, but for now, I greatly prefer the Skinlights palette, but if Avant Gold were the only choice, I would probably use it.

One last note, I found that Medium was a tad too light for me this summer- I use NW25 MAC foundations. Probably in winter it will be about right, however.
continued >>