MAC Cosmetics Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Avant Gold

3.0

on 3/1/2007 7:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

No question about it, the effect this gives is simply gorgeous. Your face gets this beautiful soft focus glow...HOWEVER this also make me quite oily as the day progresses. I dont use it every day so I guess I can live with having to blot more on the days I use this. Luckily I got this in a swap. I would probably never buy it because of the oiliness factor.

on 8/31/2006 9:40:00 PM

I bought this on a whim because for some reason MAC decided to make a foundation LE, but I figured I'd try it. Of course I love it =/ I use the Medium with my BE Handi Kabuki or regular Kabuki brush. I make sure to use a moisturizer before applying. I like the light coverage, not too dry or cakey and it hasn't turned orangey on me yay! I would swap or buy this again any time. Dear MAC please make more of this and sell it everyday.

on 8/22/2006 7:59:00 PM

Well, I am SO good. I mean I am good!

I called this one! When I first saw photos of the MSF Avant Gold powder, I was quite sure that it would be similar to the Revlon Skinlights Custom Face powders. Well, I just got mine today and I was SO RIGHT!

I have the MEDIUM shade and it is identical in color to the NATURAL LIGHTS REVLON SKINLIGHTS CUSTOM FACE POWDER palette. The only difference is that Skinlights has a nicer finish in appearance than the Avant Gold does.

I have to say that I have LOVED the Skinlights CUstom face palette in both NATURAL LIGHTS for winter months and GOLDEN LIGHTS for summer months. The finish is exquisite. Avant Gold is close, but not quite as nice, IMO.

Because they are so close, however, I have to say that I would buy Avant Gold only if Skinlights was nowhere to be found anymore. I believe it has been d/c, but I am not sure. (Speaking of Skinlights- I know that Avant Gold is only LE).

Skinlights came with 14.8g for only about $12 if full price and Avant Gold has 10g for about $24 or so. Sheesh, what a difference in price- and you got several colors in Skinlights.

I will update as I use Avant Gold more, and do side by side durability tests, but for now, I greatly prefer the Skinlights palette, but if Avant Gold were the only choice, I would probably use it.

One last note, I found that Medium was a tad too light for me this summer- I use NW25 MAC foundations. Probably in winter it will be about right, however.
continued >>

on 8/15/2006 5:15:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I've gone back and forth about this product, but when I just looked at my face approximately 4 hours after I applied this and realized it looked like I had nothing on, I've had to decide that this is not for me. It offers very little coverage and for me it's pointless. I was hoping it would have a little glow or something, but no.
*edit* I have now found a way to make this work for me. I use it over Revlon Skinlights (the moisturizer, not the foundation) in Bare Light. I'm using the MSF in Medium and I'm an NW20 for reference. That gives me the kind of look I was hoping for with this. I'll keep this review at 3 lippies for now, until I decide if this is really worth it. I really wanted something to give me this effect on its own.