ABBA InShape

No Image

2.7

on 12/3/2007 5:52:00 PM

I love this product and am totally bummed that it's been discontinued.

First off, let me say that this product claims to be for wavy and/or coarse hair. I have stick straight, medium Asian hair. My friend with thick hair hated it so gave it to me to try, and I loved it! I'm a die-hard Bumble Bumble user, but this is the only non-BB hair product I use.

InShape is great for adding a bit of volume to my flat hair, provides just enough texture to add a bit of body, and is light enough to not weigh my hair down. While it's not a cheap ds product, the price is totally worth it, and a tube lasts for almost a year since I use about a pea-sized amount each morning. I rarely re-purchase anything and I'm on my 3rd tube. I love it so much that I plan on experiementing with ABBA's replacement products to see if they are anywhere near as effective as InShape, before returning to Bumble's styling lotion.

on 10/27/2007 9:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Awful. Gave me crunchy curls. Blech!! Hated it!!

on 8/7/2006 2:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I really wanted to try this product for some time, because I admire ABBA's line and their committment to the environment. Also, this cream/gel contains no protein, silicones, or alcohol-- which should be a godsend to curly girls. However, the product didn't perform what it claims (curl definition and control with no "crunch" or stickiness). Instead, my curls went stringy and messy within an hour, and my hair was very tangled! To top it off, the product itself is pretty difficult to distribute in the hair, and leaves a strange texture behind...I couldn't wait to wash it out!

This may work better for those with naturally well-defined curls, as mine need some manipulation to form ringlets. To elaborate, there is very little humidity where I live, so that wasn't a factor. I even used ABBA's curl enhancing spray beforehand, but even that didn't help. Alas, I exchanged this at ULTA for Deva's Angell.

Popular Styling Products