Almay Toner 2 for Oily Skin with Meadowsweet

Almay Toner 2 for Oily Skin with Meadowsweet

product is great, not too drying but not for everyday use unless you're super oily. After a month of use the solution turned from clear to cloudy. Is it due to bacteria growth or the solution settling in, idk. other than that it's a great toner.

on 9/11/2009 1:16:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is a wonderful toner that I am glad a friend told me to try.

I love that it is a foam cleanser/toner so one pump goes a long way and the bottle lasts. It cleanses the skin w ithout feeling overly harsh. It's got meadoweed which I am not sure what it's properties are but itleaves a light minty kissed feeling, not the overwhelmed by the cld noxema kinda feeling. It also soothes irritation nicely as it designed for problematic skin so it's gentle.

Since my skin is sensitive I can't use it everyday as it tends to dry me out too much but I do use it once a week during as a preslude to a mask. Overall this is a great addition to my skincare regimen.

on 11/30/2008 5:34:00 PM

I really like this toner! For the longest time I didn't use a toner because most of them have Alcohol in their top 4 ingredients - not exactly something I want to be slathering on my face twice a day! I have combo skin, generally only seeing a pimple or two around when I start my period. I've been using this for three weeks and it's not that time of the month yet, but I don't see anything happening on my face, which is a good thing! I like that this has plant ingredients and Salicylic Acid from those plants, and I love that there's absolutely no Alcohol listed in the ingredients. I have relatively sensitive skin, and this hasn't caused any dryness or irritation whatsoever. My only issue is that sometimes, when I'm pressing down on the top to saturate my cotton pad with toner, the little pump dispenser makes it squirt out from underneath the cotton pad and onto the counter. But that's a tiny problem and the toner itself is well worth putting up with any packaging issues.

on 12/29/2007 7:51:00 PM

I really like this toner. It keeps my skin calm. Best part of the collection

on 10/26/2006 10:58:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I've only been using this for about a week, but so far I'm favorably impressed.

This seems like a nice, non-irritating toner, consisting mainly of water and plant extracts.

It's good for "cutting the grease" mid-day(I don't wear makeup most days) on my very oily acne-prone 42-year-old face.

This toner leaves my face feeling clean and refreshed but not irritated. In fact, I've already noticed a reduction in the number of the small pimples, blackheads, and clogged pores that usually plague me.

I'll have to update later, after I've used this a while, but so far, so good!
UPDATE: After 2-3 weeks of using this toner, my skin has been uncharacteristically quiet, in spite of hormonal ups and downs. It's still insanely oily, but I didn't expect a toner to change that!

If, when this bottle's gone, my skin is still behaving, I'll definitely buy this again!

UPDATE II: I'm now on my third bottle of this, and I think it's obtained staple status! This is a perfect gentle, non-irritating alcohol-free toner for oily skin. A quick once-over mid-day leaves my skin feeling refreshed, cleansed, and soothed. The pleasant fragrance is very light. As a bonus, this toner is inexpensive and widely available. I plan to stay with it! continued >>

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Great toner for oily skin! Deep cleans skin with natural witch hazel and Meadowsweet. Meadowsweet is a natural source of salicylic acid and vitamins A and C, which are all good for oily/acne-prone skin. Meadowsweet is a natural exfoliant too which helps with cell turnover and helps unclog pores and keep them clean. I really like this toner! My only gripe is the silly plunger-type spout .... it took me a while to figure out that I needed to press down on the little tube-thingy to get the toner to come out. I know... I'm slow. LOL! But once I figured it out, it was easy. Definitely a great toner for oily skin, with natural ingredients that help improve skin health. 5 lippies! :)